Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Now, the host of Deal or No Deal...  (Read 1808 times)

brianhenke

Now, the host of Deal or No Deal...
« on: March 12, 2007, 01:46:21 PM »
Cris Collinsworth was on WLW radio in Cincinnati a few minutes ago, and he said he auditioned to be the host of the syndicated version of Deal or No Deal.

He mentioned that Arsenio had auditioned, but that's known to most of us around here.

Brian
The leaves start to change color in May?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 02:25:02 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'147872\' date=\'Mar 12 2007, 12:46 PM\']
Cris Collinsworth was on WLW radio in Cincinnati a few minutes ago, and he said he auditioned to be the host of the syndicated version of Deal or No Deal.
[/quote]

Oh, good lord...

(to the Collinsworth, not the Henke, jumpers.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 02:36:34 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'147877\' date=\'Mar 12 2007, 11:25 AM\']
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' post=\'147872\' date=\'Mar 12 2007, 12:46 PM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Well, I'm sure a lot of people have auditioned, but that doesn't mean jack, fortunately.

(Costas would be pretty entertaining. :))
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

itiparanoid13

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 02:46:45 PM »
Completely throwing this out there: Does anyone else think hiring one of the models who has had some on-camera hosting-type job should at least be considered?  I believe Claudia hosted a show before, didn't she?  I don't know why it makes sense in my warped mind, but I just think it would make for some interesting primetime DoND conversation and more cross-promotion.  I can't imagine they'd be any worse than some of the people they've already auditioned.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 02:48:28 PM by itiparanoid13 »

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 03:44:45 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'147878\' date=\'Mar 12 2007, 02:36 PM\']
(Costas would be pretty entertaining. :))
[/quote]
Not sure if that was meant in humor, but I always thought he'd do well on a solid quiz format, i.e. Jeopardy, or something like the MSNBC show Al Roker did years ago.

/Remember This? I believe it was called.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 06:06:52 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'147885\' date=\'Mar 12 2007, 12:44 PM\']
Not sure if that was meant in humor
[/quote]
Not in the least. His brand of snark would entertain me a great deal on DoND, especially if he used it to ridicule the players without them picking up on it. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

davemackey

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 07:24:08 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'147879\' date=\'Mar 12 2007, 02:46 PM\']
Completely throwing this out there: Does anyone else think hiring one of the models who has had some on-camera hosting-type job should at least be considered?  I believe Claudia hosted a show before, didn't she?  I don't know why it makes sense in my warped mind, but I just think it would make for some interesting primetime DoND conversation and more cross-promotion.  I can't imagine they'd be any worse than some of the people they've already auditioned.
[/quote]
Another of the DOND girls who has "hosted a show before" is Lindsay (#26) Clubine, who had her own show on HDNet.

I think you'll only see a woman hosting if the contestants are holding the cases.