Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do Any CBS Affiliates Not Air The Price Is Right?  (Read 8420 times)

dheine1971

Do Any CBS Affiliates Not Air The Price Is Right?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2003, 08:58:25 PM »
And from circa 1975-1977, the Washington, D.C. ABC station - WJLA 7 - carried \"The Price is Right\" since it was not carried by the Washington, D.C. CBS station WTOP 9. This was the same reason ABC's Washington, D.C. affiliate carried blacked out by the CBS Washington, D.C. station these CBS game shows in the mid 1970's mostly on one day delayed broadcast - \"Tattletales\", \"The Joker's Wild\", \"Now You See It\", \"Spin-Off\", \"Musical Chairs\", \"Give-N-Take\", \"Gambit\", and \"Double Dare\". Also: In 1974, when ABC began carrying \"The $10,000 Pyramid\", the Washington, D.C. ABC station didn't carry it for the first several months and the Washington, D.C. CBS station carried it at the usual 4 PM weekday time slot!

trainman

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2003, 11:44:26 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Sep 13 2003, 02:01 PM\'] I also recall LA's KCBS (Ch. 2) airing TPiR at 3 PM for a time in the mid-90s. [/quote]
 Not sure if this is what you're thinking of...KCBS aired TPIR at 3:00 in the fall/winter of 1999-2000 so they could air the Dr. Joy Browne talk show at 10:00, so her show didn't have to face the double juggernaut of Oprah on KABC and Rosie on KNBC.
trainman is a man of trains

Ian Wallis

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2003, 09:16:39 AM »
When WBBM lost DONAHUE to WMAQ-5, PYRAMID, CS86 and TPIR were restored to their regular time slots and were off delay, but PYL stayed at 11AM and stayed on delay.

As an aside and completely unrelated, the whole hour of FAMILY FEUD CHALLENGE never aired in Chicago (Chicago only cleared the second half--airing it after TPIR).

That's surprising to hear.  I thought WBBM was an O&O - I thought all O&O's carried ALL of the network's programming.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2003, 09:18:28 AM »
This was the same reason ABC's Washington, D.C. affiliate carried blacked out by the CBS Washington, D.C. station these CBS game shows in the mid 1970's mostly on one day delayed broadcast - \"Tattletales\", \"The Joker's Wild\", \"Now You See It\", \"Spin-Off\", \"Musical Chairs\", \"Give-N-Take\", \"Gambit\", and \"Double Dare\". Also: In 1974, when ABC began carrying \"The $10,000 Pyramid\", the Washington, D.C. ABC station didn't carry it for the first several months and the Washington, D.C. CBS station carried it at the usual 4 PM weekday time slot!

I have a Washington-Baltimore TVGuide from 1977 and noticed that the ABC station carried a lot of CBS shows.  I wonder how they got away with that - DC is a major market - you'd figure ABC wouldn't be too happy about a major affiliate carrying so many shows from another network.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

uncamark

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2003, 12:21:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Sep 16 2003, 08:16 AM\']
When WBBM lost DONAHUE to WMAQ-5, PYRAMID, CS86 and TPIR were restored to their regular time slots and were off delay, but PYL stayed at 11AM and stayed on delay.

As an aside and completely unrelated, the whole hour of FAMILY FEUD CHALLENGE never aired in Chicago (Chicago only cleared the second half--airing it after TPIR).

That's surprising to hear.  I thought WBBM was an O&O - I thought all O&O's carried ALL of the network's programming.[/quote]
Generally--but there have been exceptions.  I seem to remember back in the late 60s that WBBM pre-empted the last hour of CBS' Saturday morning lineup for local programming, which was picked up by WFLD, back then a struggling independent.