Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity Bowling!  (Read 2981 times)

tvrandywest

Celebrity Bowling!
« on: March 16, 2007, 01:56:12 AM »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

DrBear

Celebrity Bowling!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 04:02:54 AM »
And all I can think of is the old news opening (and I've forgotten who did it):

"From across the world...
around the corner...
down the block...
And UP YOUR ALLEY!"

(then again, this HAS to be better than the "talk show with multiple psychics." I bet when it's cancelled, none of them will see it coming.)
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

mcsittel

Celebrity Bowling!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 08:19:23 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'148362\' date=\'Mar 15 2007, 11:56 PM\']
Just when you thought a revival of BINGO was pathetic:

"Buena Vista Prods. is in the early stages of development on a bowling-centric game show... tentatively titled "Up Your Alley"... that revolves around bowling and celebrities."

I have nothing else to say.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[/quote]

** Can a revival of "Battle of the Network Stars" be far behind?  Of course now you'll need more teams with Fox, CW, MyTV, Univision, Telemundo, etc.

** Maybe they'll have rooting sections like on Tattletales... "Bowling for the banana section, Mitzi McCall and Charlie Brill!"

Yogi007

Celebrity Bowling!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 08:37:46 AM »
[quote name=\'mcsittel\' post=\'148370\' date=\'Mar 16 2007, 08:19 AM\']
** Maybe they'll have rooting sections like on Tattletales... "Bowling for the banana section, Mitzi McCall and Charlie Brill!"
[/quote]

Now THAT'S funny!!  I lol'd!
sarcasm included at no extra charge

The Ol' Guy

Celebrity Bowling!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 10:25:25 AM »
And what's a game show without an end game? Maybe "The $25,000 7-10 Split"?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 10:26:20 AM by The Ol' Guy »

Tim L

Celebrity Bowling!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 11:07:04 AM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' post=\'148385\' date=\'Mar 16 2007, 10:25 AM\']
And what's a game show without an end game? Maybe "The $25,000 7-10 Split"?
[/quote]

Being that the 7-10 split is extremely rare even on the Pro Bowlers' Tour..(Only maybe a couple times in 40 some years)..how about the million dollar 7-10?..I know there was "Celebrity Bowling" Syndicated in the 1970's..I actually wouldnt mind seeing some of that..As far as a revival..Not sure about that.

BrandonFG

Celebrity Bowling!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 01:18:37 PM »
If they maintain the cheesiness that the 70s version appeared to have, I'd love to see it...for some reason, bowling on ESPN is a guilty pleasure of mine.

/So is women's college volleyball!
//Giggity!!

However, I have a feeling this show is going to take itself way too seriously, and ruin the enjoyability of it all.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Celebrity Bowling!
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 01:45:04 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'148394\' date=\'Mar 16 2007, 10:18 AM\']
If they maintain the cheesiness that the 70s version appeared to have, I'd love to see it...for some reason, bowling on ESPN is a guilty pleasure of mine.
[/quote]
Bowling is almost the perfect spectator sport. Everyone has an emotional investment, because most everyone has bowled at least once in their life, the bits are nice and big and easy to see, and it all takes place in a nice confined space so it's easy to follow.
/So is women's college volleyball!
//Giggity!!
I enjoyed calling women's volleyball a GREAT DEAL when I was in college. You think it's fun on TV, try sitting courtside.

/giggity
//giggity
///gig-i-tee!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

The Ol' Guy

Celebrity Bowling!
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 02:04:19 PM »
Okay, Tim...the Million sounds good to me. And we must do it EXACTLY like every other big money clone:
Whole building goes dark, except for mood spotlights moving up and down the Bonus Lane. Heart beat or other droning suspense rhythm begins. Closeup shots of Charlie Brill as he agonizes over the pressure. His mom, dad, family and friends are grouped together in the chairs behind the lane, hollering advice and encouragement. He throws the ball. We watch it head for the pins, and when the ball gets to about 3 feet from contact, the image is frozen, tivo-like, for 10 seconds to build the excitement, then it starts up again and we see the outcome. Can't miss!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Celebrity Bowling!
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 02:08:16 PM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' post=\'148397\' date=\'Mar 16 2007, 11:04 AM\']
and when the ball gets to about 3 feet from contact, the image is frozen, tivo-like, for 10 seconds to build the excitement, then it starts up again and we see the outcome. Can't miss!
[/quote]
With no commercial break? Sacrelidge!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

The Ol' Guy

Celebrity Bowling!
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 02:46:59 PM »
With no commercial break? Sacrelidge!

Well, what else would you expect from someone who's first entry in this thread was post #666??

Robert Hutchinson

Celebrity Bowling!
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 04:16:50 PM »
I still miss Let's Bowl.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

MikeK

• Martha!
Celebrity Bowling!
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 04:36:07 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'148396\' date=\'Mar 16 2007, 01:45 PM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'148394\' date=\'Mar 16 2007, 10:18 AM\']
If they maintain the cheesiness that the 70s version appeared to have, I'd love to see it...for some reason, bowling on ESPN is a guilty pleasure of mine.[/quote]
Bowling is almost the perfect spectator sport. Everyone has an emotional investment, because most everyone has bowled at least once in their life, the bits are nice and big and easy to see, and it all takes place in a nice confined space so it's easy to follow.[/quote]
And those ESPN cameramen do a spectacular job delivering the highlights to us home viewers!

/My eldest cousin is one of the cameramen for ESPN's coverage of the PBA Tour.
//Not that I'm biased or anything.
///I miss Let's Bowl as well.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Celebrity Bowling!
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 04:54:41 PM »
[quote name=\'mcsittel\' post=\'148370\' date=\'Mar 16 2007, 08:19 AM\']
** Can a revival of "Battle of the Network Stars" be far behind?  Of course now you'll need more teams with Fox, CW, MyTV, Univision, Telemundo, etc.[/quote]

One of the cable stations had Battle of the Network Reality Stars.  Also, ESPN had a quickie Sports Celeb bowling series a summer or two ago to companion with Battle of the Gridiron Stars.  (Small world, isn't it?)

ObGS: BotNRS was hosted by former football player Mike Adamle, who also hosted American Gladiators, which just got picked up by ESPN Classic.
This signature is currently under construction.

WhammyPower

Celebrity Bowling!
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 05:45:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'148412\' date=\'Mar 16 2007, 03:54 PM\'] One of the cable stations had Battle of the Network Reality Stars.
 [/quote]
Bravo, home to such shows as "Project: Runway" and "Inside the Actor's Studio."