Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Review of Karn's Season 5 Opener  (Read 5591 times)

TV Favorites

Review of Karn's Season 5 Opener
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2003, 04:00:20 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Sep 16 2003, 03:17 PM\'] How long had the extra points been added? At the start of the current Fremantle/Anderson run? [/quote]
 They started this rule on Combs's Feud when Bullseye started.  It has been going on ever since up until this season.

Thad Dixon

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2003, 05:08:49 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Sep 16 2003, 04:00 PM\'] [quote name=\'SteveRep\' date=\'Sep 16 2003, 03:17 PM\'] How long had the extra points been added? At the start of the current Fremantle/Anderson run? [/quote]
They started this rule on Combs's Feud when Bullseye started.  It has been going on ever since up until this season. [/quote]
 It might bear mentioning that the only other time this has been done has
been in the original 1976 pilot.

ChuckNet

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2003, 09:25:28 PM »
For short, I just consider it a mini Bullseye Round.

That was my first thought when I saw the \"sudden death\" face-off yesterday, as well.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

FeudDude

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2003, 10:38:54 PM »
Well, a lot of people in my dorm seem to watch \"Feud,\" so that's a good sign.  I was in the lounge studying and heard the familiar Fast Money sound effects coming from somebody else's room...of course at that point I dropped everything and went into my room and caught the end of that episode and the one that aired after it.  This season's looking good so far...Richard Karn is really doing well and I actually like the faster pace of the show.   And hell, I can deal with the presence of that \"party\" music, although it's not a great tune I admit it's better suited to the set and lighting than the '88 theme.  Although I don't understand why that new version of the classic theme on Score's website wasn't used....it would be perfect for this incarnation.