Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Good News...New CBS Game/Reality Shows In Development...  (Read 1771 times)

TimK2003

Good News...New CBS Game/Reality Shows In Development...
« on: April 05, 2007, 06:41:18 PM »
I recently received a list of shows that CBS is considering for 2007-2008.

One of which, "Power of Ten" (working title) has already been discussed in a prior thread.

Here are 2 others:

PIRATE MASTER -- Exec Prod. Mark Burnett.

In essence, it's Survivor meets Pirates of the Carribbean:  "A band of wannabe swashbucklers...(spend time)...on board a 180-foot ship in search of hidden loot worth $1M".

(Given Mark's recent track record, will these wannabe pirates be wearing hidden earpieces or have hidden GPS and/or sonar devices in which to find the hidden treasure???).

And the other, to answer the burning question above...

GAME SHOW IN MY HEAD -- Exec. Prod.  Ashton Kutcher

aka "Non-Celebrity Punk'd".  This one is described as "...a game show that puts you in the game as the one pulling the pranks!...Contestants are sent to the streets to get Joe & Jane Average to perform wild stunts -- all recorded by hidden camera...The more people they line up, the more money they can win..."

If there is any good news about these 'shows in development', nearly all of the CBS Primetime shows airing now are coming back in the fall, which makes it that much harder for any of these shows to get on.

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 07:37:17 PM »
What's the word on "Game Show Marathon" and Donny's NTT?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

dzinkin

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 07:44:07 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'149555\' date=\'Apr 5 2007, 06:41 PM\']
GAME SHOW IN MY HEAD -- Exec. Prod.  Ashton Kutcher
[/quote]
"In My Head" has to be better than "Out of My @$$," which would describe some other efforts of late. ;-)

Allstar87

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 11:28:43 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'149555\' date=\'Apr 5 2007, 06:41 PM\']
"...a game show that puts you in the game as the one pulling the pranks!...Contestants are sent to the streets to get Joe & Jane Average to perform wild stunts -- all recorded by hidden camera...The more people they line up, the more money they can win..."
[/quote]

And suddenly the memories of "You're On!" come flooding back. :P Let's hope this effort goes better.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 09:36:53 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'149563\' date=\'Apr 5 2007, 06:37 PM\']What's the word on "Game Show Marathon" and Donny's NTT?[/quote]
With Ricki Lake attached to a scripted pilot (I forget for whom) and Donny attempting Pyramid on the other side of the pond, I can think of four words: "not going to happen".

davemackey

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 07:53:43 AM »
The bad news: Julie Chen is hosting ALL. OF. THEM.

;)