Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi There....Got A Question  (Read 2705 times)

Captain Hank

Hi There....Got A Question
« on: September 15, 2003, 10:30:34 PM »
Hi Folks,

Been awhile since I've been here and if this has been asked before, please forgive me. This new season of \"Wheel\".....does the wheel sound chinsy to you or is it me?? I think it sounded much better last year. :-)

Thanks!!

Captain Hank

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 12:21:42 AM »
Been awhile since I've been here and if this has been asked before, please forgive me. This new season of \"Wheel\".....does the wheel sound chinsy to you or is it me?? I think it sounded much better last year. :-)

If I'm not mistaken, and maybe Mr. West or someone else can verify this, but isn't that a whole new wheel??  Maybe it just haven't been \"broken in\" yet.
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 10:22:59 PM »
Not that I should trust my TV reception, but the spokes certainly seem brighter.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

SplitSecond

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 10:32:25 PM »
Not that I should trust my TV reception, but the spokes certainly seem brighter.

How dare you call the contestants \"spokes\".

tvrandywest

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2003, 10:51:18 PM »
[quote name=\'bossjock967\' date=\'Sep 15 2003, 11:21 PM\'] [If I'm not mistaken, and maybe Mr. West or someone else can verify this, but isn't that a whole new wheel??  Maybe it just haven't been "broken in" yet. [/quote]
 While I didn't see the wheel itself being built, it's base and motor are brand new. As everything on that set is fresh, I'd have to believe the wheel itself is new.

The old one was pretty well nicked and scarred, and a little warped; they must have replaced it. With all the computer-controlled lighting and custom designed, newly fabricated set pieces the wheel itself is probably one of the least expensive items on the stage.

Randy
tvrandywest.com

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2003, 10:53:35 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Sep 16 2003, 09:32 PM\']

How dare you call the contestants \"spokes\".[/quote]
Just be glad I didn't talk about their wedges.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2003, 01:04:45 AM »
While I didn't see the wheel itself being built, it's base and motor are brand new. As everything on that set is fresh, I'd have to believe the wheel itself is new.

I thought you mentioned that in another post, which is why I mentioned your name.  I didn't know if you knew it was a new wheel or not.  I imagine the old wheel had to have had a lot of miles on it.
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

GS Warehouse

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2003, 07:10:12 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Sep 16 2003, 09:51 PM\'] ... As everything on that set is fresh, I'd have to believe the wheel itself is new. [/quote]
 That's possible.  For some reason, the 3's on the wheel like more Clarendon font than Chesterfield.  Or do I need new glasses?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2003, 07:11:22 PM »
i think they change how the wheel sounds every season or so. Pat has referenced it on the air in the past. i don't know if they do that by building a new wheel, but it makes sense to me.