Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal  (Read 5196 times)

swanny92

Deal or No Deal
« on: April 20, 2007, 10:06:40 PM »
Hey, I downloaded the Big Jon's PC version of DoND the other day, and I have to say that it is an excellent game, and for those of you who have played it before I'm sure you will agree lol. However, when I go to take a Deal on the game, it seems that the game just stops after that, and does nothing else. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm not sure if it would be the game's fault (I know it has a few bugs) or just perhaps the computer. Any advice I would appreciate, thanks. (I would post this on Big Jon's forum though I can't seem to register for it)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Deal or No Deal
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 12:10:58 AM »
[quote name=\'swanny92\' post=\'150667\' date=\'Apr 20 2007, 10:06 PM\']
Hey, I downloaded the Big Jon's PC version of DoND the other day, and I have to say that it is an excellent game, and for those of you who have played it before I'm sure you will agree lol. However, when I go to take a Deal on the game, it seems that the game just stops after that, and does nothing else. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm not sure if it would be the game's fault (I know it has a few bugs) or just perhaps the computer. Any advice I would appreciate, thanks. (I would post this on Big Jon's forum though I can't seem to register for it)
[/quote]

BigJon has more than a few bugs in more than a few of his games. I haven't downloaded the DOND game, partly because of all his games that I did download last year that damn near crippled my computer (it was his games that were the problem, as I found out later), but I'm willing to bet that it's probably the game that's the problem.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

swanny92

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 03:21:02 AM »
Yeah I gathered. It says you need to install this file first but when I did that it said I already had this stuff so I was fairly confused about all that.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Deal or No Deal
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 04:18:22 AM »
[quote name=\'swanny92\' post=\'150667\' date=\'Apr 20 2007, 07:06 PM\']
(I would post this on Big Jon's forum though I can't seem to register for it)
[/quote]
Believe me, you wouldn't have liked how it turned out if you were able to.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

swanny92

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 04:35:14 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'150682\' date=\'Apr 21 2007, 06:18 PM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Ha why? Seems this website ain't trusted....... its a shame it's a good game just lots of issues

dzinkin

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 08:12:02 AM »
[quote name=\'swanny92\' post=\'150683\' date=\'Apr 21 2007, 04:35 AM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'150682\' date=\'Apr 21 2007, 06:18 PM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Ha why? Seems this website ain't trusted....... its a shame it's a good game just lots of issues
[/quote]
Short answer: BigJon has a history of showing far more interest in getting more games out the door than in making sure the games he's already released actually work well.

Long answer: start reading here, and don't stop until you reach the end of the thread.

WhammyPower

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 08:39:12 AM »
Also, BigJon has his own forum for stuff like this.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 08:39:36 AM by WhammyPower »

dzinkin

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 08:40:21 AM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' post=\'150691\' date=\'Apr 21 2007, 08:39 AM\']
Also, BigJon has his own forum for stuff like this.
[/quote]
Er...

[quote name=\'swanny92\' post=\'150667\' date=\'Apr 20 2007, 10:06 PM\']
[/quote]

Sodboy13

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 09:13:17 AM »
Here's how BigJon's forum works, at least from my experience:

1. You post an issue/problem you have with a game in a calm, well-thought-out fashion.

2. You get completely flamed by some self-appointed god named "Robbie" for daring to criticize anything Jon does, and are summarily told what an idiot you are.

3. You don't bother posting again, realizing that any errors you point out aren't likely to be fixed.

On the plus side, some users have taken to creating their own questions for games like Blockbusters and Russian Roulette, and have put together compatible databases which I guess can be used to replaced the lousy ones Jon packages with the games.  However, from reading the thread, there are apparently mulitple steps involved in the process, and my barely-computer-literate head just can't quite get it.

I do enjoy Jon's DOND and TPIR games.  Both are worth the price of admission, despite their flaws.  But neither of them tops Curt King's PYL, or the dearly-departed Family Feud Presentation Software.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

MikeK

• Martha!
Deal or No Deal
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 12:20:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'150694\' date=\'Apr 21 2007, 09:13 AM\']
I do enjoy Jon's DOND and TPIR games.  Both are worth the price of admission, despite their flaws.[/quote]
You say they're worth the price of admission.  The "price of admission" is nothing.  Are you trying to say Jon's games are worthless? :-P

clemon79

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 02:27:37 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'150700\' date=\'Apr 21 2007, 09:20 AM\']
I do enjoy Jon's DOND and TPIR games.  Both are worth the price of admission, despite their flaws.[/quote]
You say they're worth the price of admission.  The "price of admission" is nothing.  Are you trying to say Jon's games are worthless? :-P
[/quote]
I would say, read into that statement what you will. :)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Deal or No Deal
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 01:28:35 AM »
I do enjoy Jon's DOND and TPIR games.  Both are worth the price of admission, despite their flaws.  But neither of them tops Curt King's PYL, or the dearly-departed Family Feud Presentation Software.
[/quote]

I disagree with you on the PYL front. As much as I enjoyed Curt's game, I found myself playing BigJon's game more and more after I had it. Sue me.

He does have SOME good games...but most of them really weren't worth the downloading, what for the bugs and the bad translations some of them had. (I'm sure John Lennon never sang "I am the walwus.")
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 02:24:19 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'150722\' date=\'Apr 21 2007, 10:28 PM\']
(I'm sure John Lennon never sang "I am the walwus.")
[/quote]
Koo koo ka chow.

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
Deal or No Deal
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 02:30:23 AM »
His games are OK, and that's about it.  They almost brought down my system as well.  The Needs.exe file was identified as the culprit.   Once I rolled my system back to before the needs file was installed, the system worked great.  Install his games with great caution and ALWAYS set a system restore point before installing ANY of his games or add-ons.
--Matt