Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN's Weekend Schedule  (Read 6101 times)

game show guy

GSN's Weekend Schedule
« on: April 22, 2007, 08:15:47 PM »
Ok, here is the deal folks.

I believe that GSN's Weekend Schedule (outside from a few shows) is really not very good at all. Let me explain.

Aside from Child's Play, Bill Rafferty's Card Sharks, Whammy, Match Game PM, Greed, Twenty-one, I've Got A Secret 2006 and the Game Show Saturday Night Offerings, all the rest of the shows are just RERUNS from the weekday schedule. Yes thats right, even Press Your Luck is RERUNNED NOW. Today, they showed the same show we saw last Tuesday at 10am!!

I do not watch GSN every second that I get, but I can tell that this is just too much. The weekend schedule used to be great, but now, its just got a bunch of repeats from the weekday schedule. I mean, even the casual viewer on GSN would notice something. It seems to me that GSN has completely different viewers on weekends then weekdays.

GSN needs to understand that RERUN ABUSE of shows YOU JUST SAW IN THE WEEKDAYS NOT TO LONG AGO IS NOT GOOD.

Blockbusters, Hollywood Squares, Match Game SYN, Password Plus, Press Your Luck, Love Connection, Lingo, Chain Reaction, Family Feud, Millionaire, Super Password, and the Millionaire, Lingo, Dog Eat Dog, and Weakest Link (on Sunday Nights only) is ALL RERUNNED FROM THE WEEKDAY SCHEDULE!! That's over HALF the weekend schedule which is RERUNNED ABUSED! I can't figure out why people watch the weekend schedule.

Who else agrees with this?? Also, sorry for the caps, but, I'm trying to get my point across.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 08:29:53 PM by game show guy »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN's Weekend Schedule
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 08:38:37 PM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'150754\' date=\'Apr 22 2007, 05:15 PM\']
I mean, even the casual viewer on GSN would notice something.
[/quote]
I am the very definition of the casual viewer on GSN.

And I had not one single clue that this was happening.
It seems to me that GSN has completely different viewers on weekends then weekdays.
That's entirely possible. At least, a significant enough majority to discount those who live their lives in front of GSN and would be pissed off by it.
Blockbusters, Hollywood Squares, Match Game SYN, Password Plus, Press Your Luck, Love Connection, Lingo, Chain Reaction, Family Feud, Millionaire, Super Password, and the Millionaire, Lingo, Dog Eat Dog, and Weakest Link (on Sunday Nights only) is ALL RERUNNED FROM THE WEEKDAY SCHEDULE!! That's over HALF the weekend schedule which is RERUNNED ABUSED!
Do you realize what it says about you (and by extension, your argument), that you even KNOW this?
I can't figure out why people watch the weekend schedule.
Some of us have jobs.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

game show guy

GSN's Weekend Schedule
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 08:46:25 PM »
Blockbusters, Hollywood Squares, Match Game SYN, Password Plus, Press Your Luck, Love Connection, Lingo, Chain Reaction, Family Feud, Millionaire, Super Password, and the Millionaire, Lingo, Dog Eat Dog, and Weakest Link (on Sunday Nights only) is ALL RERUNNED FROM THE WEEKDAY SCHEDULE!! That's over HALF the weekend schedule which is RERUNNED ABUSED!

Do you realize what it says about you (and by extension, your argument), that you even KNOW this?
I know this because alot of the shows above are behind in the run on the weekends. They've aired on the weekdays and they are repeating on the weekends. Like Password Plus on weekends is in 1979. We just saw these episodes last year. That's why i am saying its reruns.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
GSN's Weekend Schedule
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 09:03:38 PM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'150754\' date=\'Apr 22 2007, 07:15 PM\']
Blockbusters, Hollywood Squares, Match Game SYN, Password Plus, Press Your Luck, Love Connection, Lingo, Chain Reaction, Family Feud, Millionaire, Super Password, and the Millionaire, Lingo, Dog Eat Dog, and Weakest Link (on Sunday Nights only) is ALL RERUNNED FROM THE WEEKDAY SCHEDULE!! That's over HALF the weekend schedule which is RERUNNED ABUSED! I can't figure out why people watch the weekend schedule.

Who else agrees with this?? Also, sorry for the caps, but, I'm trying to get my point across.
[/quote]
Sorry, can't do it, because it's technically wrong.  The weekend run of P+ is in 4/79 (Bill Hayes and Susan Seaforth Hayes), while the weekday run is in 4/80 (with Cullen sub-hosting, and Skip Stephenson and Nanette Fabray as celebs).  Neither weekend run of SP is a reair of any SP aired this past week (the 6PM ET run with Nancy Lane and Richard Moll hasn't aired on GSN in quite a while--it was skipped when the weekday run of SP moved forward from December 1984 to July 1985 to catch up to the 4th of July a couple of years back; this rerun was the 1/28/85 ep).  Can't speak for the others--I don't watch or tape the weekday runs.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 09:07:19 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

game show guy

GSN's Weekend Schedule
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 09:07:51 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'150765\' date=\'Apr 22 2007, 09:03 PM\']
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'150754\' date=\'Apr 22 2007, 07:15 PM\']

[/quote]
Sorry, can't do it, because it's technically wrong.  The weekend run of P+ is in 4/79 (Bill Hayes and Susan Seaforth Hayes), while the weekday run is in 4/80 (with Cullen sub-hosting, and Skip Stephenson and Nanette Fabray as celebs).  Neither weekend run of SP is a reair of any SP aired this past week (the 6PM ET run with Nancy Lane and Richard Moll hasn't aired on GSN in quite a while--it was skipped when the weekday run of SP moved forward from December 1984 to July 1985 to catch up to the 4th of July a couple of years back).  Can't speak for the others--I don't watch or tape the weekday runs.
[/quote]

Well, still that Password Plus episode from 4/79 aired one year ago on the weekday schedule

tyshaun1

GSN's Weekend Schedule
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 09:33:09 PM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'150754\' date=\'Apr 22 2007, 08:15 PM\']
It seems to me that GSN has completely different viewers on weekends then weekdays.

[/quote]
From what I understand, this is entirely the case.

Tyshaun

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
GSN's Weekend Schedule
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 10:16:18 PM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'150766\' date=\'Apr 22 2007, 08:07 PM\']
Well, still that Password Plus episode from 4/79 aired one year ago on the weekday schedule
[/quote]

That was a year ago.  Part of your complaint was them showing things over the weekend that had just aired within the past week.

Neither (showing things from the past week over the weekend, as well as things that aired within the past year during a weekday run over the weekend) is anything new for GSN.  They were doing that when I first got the channel in 1998.  And they may have been doing that before I got the channel as well.

As far as I'm concerned, if there isn't an overabundance of episodes from the past week being reaired over the weekend, I'm cool with that.  And even if I wasn't cool with that, there wouldn't be a darn thing I could do about it other than not watch--they're gonna program however they're gonna program.

Sure, I'd love there to be expanded programming offerings of shows that haven't gotten the time of day from GSN in a long while.  But you and I have vastly different definitions of "rerun abuse."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 10:21:52 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Don Howard

GSN's Weekend Schedule
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 11:12:47 PM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'150761\' date=\'Apr 22 2007, 08:46 PM\']
That's why i am saying its reruns.
[/quote]
Pretty much the whole darned schedule is reruns.
That, for me, is a big chunk of the joy of watching the channel.
Give me 1970s Match Game over a garbaged-up reincarnation any day.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
GSN's Weekend Schedule
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 01:38:06 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'150773\' date=\'Apr 22 2007, 11:12 PM\']
[/quote]

Hear, hear.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

GSN's Weekend Schedule
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 01:53:29 AM »
I watch GSN when I get the chance. From looking at game show guy's post, I see a lot of classic shows. Considering I can remember when the lineup was mostly relationship-based games or lackluster originals, this lineup isn't that bad.

The rerunning isn't a bad thing, I'm more irritated that they crunch credits.

/yes, I'm petty like that
//at least I don't throw hissy-fits
///at least not here
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

GSN's Weekend Schedule
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 04:17:06 AM »
I don't mind the rerunning of the weekday shows on the weekend.  It gives me a 2nd chance to tape them if was a noteworthy show.  I have a couple of other channels (TCM and AMC primarily) that I like to tape, so it reduces the conflicts.

I also have an idea on how to solve the credit crunching thing.  GSN could list the credits on their website on each shows individual page, so if you're wondering who the stage manager was that week it would be right there to read, accompanied by each shows theme playing in the background.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 04:24:02 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tpirfan28

GSN's Weekend Schedule
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 08:12:49 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'150773\' date=\'Apr 22 2007, 11:12 PM\']
[/quote]
Quoted for truth, and Post of Yesterday.

I've got episodes taped off of GSN from as early as 1999 through 2006, and until the day I see (with my own eyes, LIVE) an episode I've already got on tape, then I'm not seeing rerun abuse.

And if you are noticing a repeated episode on the weekend from the same weekday run, I personally think you need to re-align your priorities.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Ian Wallis

GSN's Weekend Schedule
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 09:10:33 AM »
They were doing that when I first got the channel in 1998. And they may have been doing that before I got the channel as well.

When they went on the air in 1994, just about the whole weekend schedule were repeats from the weekdays.  About the only times they aired "new" shows on weekends were for a brief period in 1997-98 with shows like Monty Hall's Beat the Clock, Rafferty's Blockbusters , etc.  Also during what some people refer to as "the Dark Period" when shows like Break the Bank (WHY wasn't this on weekdays?), Hollywood Connection, etc. played on weekends; and also when they aired Rock N Roll Jeopardy.

I've always thought they should air different programming on weekends to give viewers a chance to see some of the other stuff in their library...but if their weekend viewership is different than their weekday viewership, maybe that explains why they've never really done it.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

game show guy

GSN's Weekend Schedule
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 10:56:01 AM »
Alright, I guess I was taking it to far in my first post. I'm sorry about that folks. I am going to say this though.

From what I remember, back when I first got GSN in December of 2000, the weekend schedule was mostly different from the weekdays like they had Tic Tac Dough, CBS Password, Body Lanugage, etc... on the weekend schedule that was not on the weekday schedule at the time.

I guess why i'm a little confused is because why GSN runs shows on weekends that are already on weekdays. I knew they had full rights to the sony library back then, but i'm just used to it

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN's Weekend Schedule
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 11:36:53 AM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'150787\' date=\'Apr 23 2007, 07:56 AM\']
I guess why i'm a little confused is because why GSN runs shows on weekends that are already on weekdays.[/quote]
You've had it explained to you twice now that the audience between weekdays and weekends is almost completely different. If that doesn't give you the answer to your question, then perhaps you should find an activity that is less mentally taxing.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe