Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dick Clark Memoribilia  (Read 1493 times)

geno57

Dick Clark Memoribilia
« on: April 24, 2007, 02:32:51 AM »
I don't know whether there'll be any Pyramid-related stuff, but the American Bandstand Grill up the street from me (in Overland Park, KS) has closed.  They'll be auctioning-off the memorabilia today, starting at 10:00, with an 8 a.m. preview.

I assume it will all be rock'n'roll-related stuff, but you never know.

The restaurant lost its lease a couple of months ago, but I only heard about it minutes ago.

entguy1

Dick Clark Memoribilia
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 06:39:56 PM »
[quote name=\'geno57\' post=\'150854\' date=\'Apr 24 2007, 01:32 AM\']
I don't know whether there'll be any Pyramid-related stuff, but the American Bandstand Grill up the street from me (in Overland Park, KS) has closed.  They'll be auctioning-off the memorabilia today, starting at 10:00, with an 8 a.m. preview.

I assume it will all be rock'n'roll-related stuff, but you never know.

The restaurant lost its lease a couple of months ago, but I only heard about it minutes ago.
[/quote]

Aww, that's too bad. I was only there once, but met The Man himself when I was there in the fall of '92. He spoke to me for about 30 seconds (he had an embroidered jacket with every show he'd ever worked on in the stitching) and posed with me for a pic. There aren't very many other AB Grills, are there?

tpirfan28

Dick Clark Memoribilia
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 06:59:11 PM »
[quote name=\'entguy1\' post=\'150889\' date=\'Apr 24 2007, 06:39 PM\']
Aww, that's too bad. I was only there once, but met The Man himself when I was there in the fall of '92. He spoke to me for about 30 seconds (he had an embroidered jacket with every show he'd ever worked on in the stitching) and posed with me for a pic. There aren't very many other AB Grills, are there?
[/quote]
Official link...a bit dated though.

Good excuse for me to make it to Indianapolis International...if the restaurant is still there.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

DjohnsonCB

Dick Clark Memoribilia
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 02:48:53 PM »
I happened to hear about that myself, as I was in K.C. Tuesday to attend the Deal Or No Deal contestant auditions.  I did eat there once or twice and know that there was nothing in sight there which pertained to any games Dick Clark hosted.

Personally, I found it a bit odd that an AB Grill actually located in Kansas City, considering that for much of its Saturday run, KMBC-TV chose to bump American Bandstand locally.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 11:18:43 AM by DjohnsonCB »
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

aaron sica

Dick Clark Memoribilia
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 02:59:47 PM »
[quote name='entguy1' date='Apr 24 2007, 06:39 PM' post='150889'] [quote name='geno57' post='150854' date='Apr 24 2007, 01:32 AM']
There aren't very many other AB Grills, are there? [/quote]

There was one in Philly that I was to in '02, which has long since closed as well. It was an awesome place - I love AB, so it was neat to see clips (and they had old commercials in-between clips too..Including one for a 5th Ave. bar when they had almonds on the top). One special bonus being that they showed one of his signoffs from when Pyramid was on ABC:

"We'll see you next Saturday on 'Bandstand' and all next week on 'The $20,000 Pyramid'. For now, Dick Clark, so long."

TimK2003

Dick Clark Memoribilia
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 09:33:04 AM »
I had the opportunity to dine twice at the one in Columbus Ohio.  This one also had a nightclub where they had a DJ spinning tunes with a decent sized dance floor for the patrons.

I had inquired once about applying to work the DJ booth.  Turns out you had to send an audition tape to Dick Clark Productions in Hollywood in order to be considered!  That's class!