Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rosie leaving "The View"  (Read 2490 times)

Jimmy Owen

Rosie leaving "The View"
« on: April 25, 2007, 01:20:39 PM »
With Rosie O'Donnell announcing on the show today (Wednesday) that she is leaving "The View," how will that impact TPIR?  She has expressed an interest in hosting TPIR, and now that she's available and the host job is open, would it be a good thing to bring her growing audience to another network in the same time slot?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

Rosie leaving "The View"
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 01:23:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'150954\' date=\'Apr 25 2007, 01:20 PM\']
With Rosie O'Donnell announcing on the show today (Wednesday) that she is leaving "The View," how will that impact TPIR?  She has expressed an interest in hosting TPIR, and now that she's available and the host job is open, would it be a good thing to bring her growing audience to another network in the same time slot?
[/quote]
I thought "The View"'s ratings went down when Rosie hopped on board? And after all the controversy she's caused in her, what seven months (?) on the show, I don't know whether CBS is willing to take that kind of chance on her, esp. given the demographic of TPiR's studio audience.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Neumms

Rosie leaving "The View"
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 01:34:19 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'150956\' date=\'Apr 25 2007, 12:23 PM\']
I thought "The View"'s ratings went down when Rosie hopped on board? And after all the controversy she's caused in her, what seven months (?) on the show, I don't know whether CBS is willing to take that kind of chance on her, esp. given the demographic of TPiR's studio audience.
[/quote]

No, they went way up. But unless there's a way to reconfigure the Showcase Showdown to include a discussion of current events, she'd no longer be useful to TPIR.

Matt Ottinger

Rosie leaving "The View"
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 01:36:34 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'150956\' date=\'Apr 25 2007, 01:23 PM\']I thought "The View"'s ratings went down when Rosie hopped on board? And after all the controversy she's caused in her, what seven months (?) on the show, I don't know whether CBS is willing to take that kind of chance on her, esp. given the demographic of TPiR's studio audience.[/quote]
My understanding was just the opposite, that her arrival boosted the ratings.

Still, thre's no way in the world Rosie is going to host TPIR.  Of course, there's also no way in the world that Tom Bergeron was going to host TPIR either, and it didn't stop a bunch of you from going on and on about his chances, so I don't expect reality to interfere with this thread much either.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Rosie leaving "The View"
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 01:44:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'150959\' date=\'Apr 25 2007, 10:36 AM\']
Still, thre's no way in the world Rosie is going to host TPIR.  Of course, there's also no way in the world that Tom Bergeron was going to host TPIR either, and it didn't stop a bunch of you from going on and on about his chances, so I don't expect reality to interfere with this thread much either.
[/quote]
There's a difference, though. Rosie would simply be an awful host, whereas Bergeron would fit the job like a glove, he's just not interested or tied to a contract with ABC.

I don't think I see a problem with "it should be Tom," or "if Tom was in the running, considering the current field of potentials, he would get the job," because those are both reasonable statements. It's the "WHAT? GEORGE HAMILTON? WHY DON'T THEY GET TOM?????!!!!!!ONE!!!ELEVEN" people that need a beating.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

Rosie leaving "The View"
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 01:54:30 PM »
I donno.  Rosie was turning into a cancer on that show, with all her recent feuds.  How this is going to affect TPiR ratings?  I really don't think we're ever going to know, since the ratings are going to be skewed with the new hosting situation.

For the record, TMZ.com reported this first.  And were right.
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'150962\' date=\'Apr 25 2007, 01:44 PM\']
It's the "WHAT? GEORGE HAMILTON? WHY DON'T THEY GET TOM?????!!!!!!ONE!!!ELEVEN" people that need a beating.
[/quote]
The only way that statement would not warrant a beating would be if they said:

"WHAT? DAVE PRICE? WHY DON'T THEY GET TOM?????!!!!!!ONE!!!ELEVEN"
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

Rosie leaving "The View"
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 01:57:07 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'150963\' date=\'Apr 25 2007, 10:54 AM\']
The only way that statement would not warrant a beating would be if they said:

"WHAT? DAVE PRICE? WHY DON'T THEY GET TOM?????!!!!!!ONE!!!ELEVEN"
[/quote]
Point (and joke) gotten, but no, the problem there is still that they're screaming for a replacement that for whatever reason is not and will not be in the running.

(And in all honestly, I don't know that Dave Price is any worse of a notion than George Hamilton.)

uncamark

Rosie leaving "The View"
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 05:06:23 PM »
I have the feeling that there was some hope at ABC that with Rosie around and Barker leaving, that "The View" could become number one in households, along with their being number one in demos.  With both gone, they're back at square one--but they'll take topping the demos over topping the households anytime.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Rosie leaving "The View"
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 01:10:53 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'150978\' date=\'Apr 25 2007, 05:06 PM\']
I have the feeling that there was some hope at ABC that with Rosie around and Barker leaving, that "The View" could become number one in households, along with their being number one in demos.[/quote]

Isn't The View already leading TPIR in the ratings anyway?

(I watch Password Plus at 11...it's better.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

tyshaun1

Rosie leaving "The View"
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 10:49:12 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'151001\' date=\'Apr 26 2007, 01:10 AM\']
Isn't The View already leading TPIR in the ratings anyway?

(I watch Password Plus at 11...it's better.)
[/quote]
Not quite..... although The View does indeed lead in the demos (which is not hard anyway, as Price's demos haven't been great in a LONG time), Price is still the #1 or 2 daytime show, with The View now in the top 5 since Rosie came in. However this is mainly because soap opera ratings have fallen fairly steeply over the past year.

El Sourco

Tyshaun

clemon79

Rosie leaving "The View"
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 11:40:52 AM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' post=\'151011\' date=\'Apr 26 2007, 07:49 AM\']
El Sourco
[/quote]
For no apparent reason, I now crave Del Taco.

/about four people will get that one
//worth it to see those four people giggle

rialtus

Rosie leaving "The View"
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 12:35:46 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'151014\' date=\'Apr 26 2007, 10:40 AM\'][quote name=\'tyshaun1\' post=\'151011\' date=\'Apr 26 2007, 07:49 AM\']El Sourco[/quote]For no apparent reason, I now crave Del Taco.

/about four people will get that one
//worth it to see those four people giggle[/quote]Hm... Double Del with Fries... Nah, I'd rather have In-N-Out. :)