Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "5th Grader" Looking for Normal, Non-actor Kids!?!  (Read 2994 times)

davemackey

"5th Grader" Looking for Normal, Non-actor Kids!?!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 03:44:35 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'151123\' date=\'Apr 27 2007, 06:41 PM\']
Interestingly, last night's show started a new set of episodes shot at Raleigh Manhattan Beach instead of CBS Studio Center--and Laura Marano replaced by Marki, who just turned 11 (according to the Fox web site).  In noting the change in kids, Foxworthy was surprisingly upfront in stating that Laura had been cast in a new Fox sitcom.  I didn't think that they would want to admit that the kids are SAG/AFTRA card holders.
[/quote]
That pilot that Laura Marano is in is called "Action News" and with Kelsey Grammer and Patricia Heaton heading the cast, it looks like an almost sure bet to go to series. (Fred Willard is in it, too, as a wacky sportscaster.)

davidhammett

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 02:27:44 AM »
[quote name=\'colonial\' post=\'151021\' date=\'Apr 26 2007, 12:15 PM\']
The one laugh I got from the show was about 2-3 weeks ago when, as a contestant was pondering an answer, Foxworthy walked to the teacher's desk at the back of the set, and said he would feed the two class goldfish, "Darnell" and "Mike".  Maybe it's me, but I got a good laugh out of it.
[/quote]
For those who don't know, the goldfish names refer to Mike Darnell, who is the Vice-President in charge of special or "alternative" programming at Fox, including much of the game and reality programming that has aired on the network in the last ten years or so.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 08:47:57 PM »
At least the show fufilled its "Network Jokes" quota.
This signature is currently under construction.