Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Temptation's "funny" questions?  (Read 2162 times)

CoreyArcher

• Pick a corner
Temptation's "funny" questions?
« on: April 29, 2007, 12:24:08 PM »
Anyone seen this description of Temptation on the SNTA site? It almost sounds apologetic that the show has to have questions, which are described as "funny pop culture questions." Another dubious sign at best.

There's also a logo more or less just like Australia's, and absent the "s" on the end that appeared in some media reports.

Cheers,
CA

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 12:36:56 PM »
Without prejudging, this program is aimed at daytime slots on MyNetwork TV affiliates.  It's not gonna be $otC, otherwise, wouldn't they have called it $otC?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 12:38:38 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 01:37:59 PM »
Wow. "Once we get through the funny pop-culture questions..." Corey's dead right, "apologetic" about sums it up.

And for that matter, how about something a little more than "It combines pop culture and shopping!" How about "it's been a hit in Australia for about a million years" or a mention that it did fairly well here for a while?

I promise I will watch it before completely condemning it, but, man, it's looking like Chain Reaction all over again.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 08:45:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'151178\' date=\'Apr 29 2007, 12:36 PM\']
Without prejudging, this program is aimed at daytime slots on MyNetwork TV affiliates.  It's not gonna be $otC...[/quote]

You're right, but it has to be watchable, no matter what it's called or where it is, and right now, that blurb doesn't make it seem very watchable.  I'm also not sold on the idea of a show like Temptation needs funny questions, especially since they probably won't be.

Of course, my idea of funny is going to Dr. Fine's office and being disappointed that neither Dr. Howard nor Dr. Howard shared space with him.
This signature is currently under construction.

BMaurice06

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 01:27:16 PM »
[quote name=\'CoreyArcher\' post=\'151177\' date=\'Apr 29 2007, 12:24 PM\']
Anyone seen this description of Temptation on the SNTA site? It almost sounds apologetic that the show has to have questions, which are described as "funny pop culture questions." Another dubious sign at best.

There's also a logo more or less just like Australia's, and absent the "s" on the end that appeared in some media reports.

Cheers,
CA
[/quote]

*Sigh* So much for preserving the dignity of the original game.  I presume that they would throw some general knowledge  and current events into the mix to make it more challenging in the future...

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 05:12:50 PM »
I'm sorry, I don't see how "funny" questions, or even mixing pop culture with shopping automatically spells the disaster that some of you expect. Chris brings up a valid point about omitting the show's history, but if the show stays true to what Grundy did for NBC, or even what Nine is doing in Australia, I'll be happy. It would be nice to get a good mix of general knowledge, but the 80s $ale used a lot of pop culture questions as well...I remember a lot of shows about popular TV shows and movies of the time.

Now, whether Rossi is a himbo or a competent host is another story...let's put the chips on the latter.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!