Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The 45,986th season premire review  (Read 1883 times)

tommycharles

The 45,986th season premire review
« on: September 15, 2003, 11:42:27 PM »
The premire's this year were surprisingly exciting. No new shows, but plenty to discuss, nonetheless.

Wheel

The new set is great. I like the white lights that circle the puzzleboard occasionally the most. Nothing else of note really, new opening is alright, new catagories are good...another average year really, with some new decor. Looking forward to the 4000 retrospective, though.

Jeopardy!

Just a new graphics pack - something is different about the set, but I can't place it.

H2

New format, announcer, bonus round prizes and effect. All good - I realise how much the straddling helps - much more of a relaxed atmosphere. Looking forward to the season - and many more (I hope).

Feud

New format, new open, and new graphic. Format = good, makes things seem less arbitrary. Open = awkward. Graphic (the money win) = sucky

Pyramid

The give/recieve option is back in the winners circle, and it's nice to see. There is some slightly new music, and the set is different, again - I can't put my finger on it, but I like it. There is a new catagory reveal - and it's pretty cool. The super six thing looks a lot like a Daily Double. I think I'll be watching this more this year.

Millionaire

Nothing changed that will alter my viewing experience. That said, it's still a good show.

T

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 01:52:09 AM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Sep 15 2003, 08:42 PM\'] Just a new graphics pack - something is different about the set, but I can't place it.
 [/quote]
 The main thing is the addition of two lines of neon to each podium to make the lockout indicator that much more obvious.
The give/recieve option is back in the winners circle, and it's nice to see. There is some slightly new music, and the set is different, again - I can't put my finger on it, but I like it. There is a new catagory reveal - and it's pretty cool. The super six thing looks a lot like a Daily Double. I think I'll be watching this more this year.
This gives me hope. I may have to give it a try.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tommycharles

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 03:06:03 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 16 2003, 12:52 AM\']
The main thing is the addition of two lines of neon to each podium to make the lockout indicator that much more obvious.
 [/quote]
 Ahh, that'll be it.

This gives me hope. I may have to give it a try.

You wouldn't think the little things make the show better, but somehow, they do (or was that sarcasm?).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 04:42:25 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Sep 16 2003, 12:06 PM\'] You wouldn't think the little things make the show better, but somehow, they do (or was that sarcasm?). [/quote]
 No, I was absolutely serious. Pyramid in and of itself is a good and proven concept, we know this. Therefore it IS the little things that make the show watchable or not, and there were just too many little things that bugged me to hold my attention. Now that they seem to be addressing the little things, its worth another look.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe