Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show article  (Read 1279 times)

KWJCDon

Game Show article
« on: May 23, 2007, 01:55:47 AM »
Saw this today and looked to make sure I wasn't repeating.

Enjoy,
Don

Click here

uncamark

Game Show article
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 12:20:07 PM »
[quote name=\'KWJCDon\' post=\'153145\' date=\'May 23 2007, 12:55 AM\']

Enjoy,
Don

Click here
[/quote]
I thought we were going to get another version of that Washington Post article from a few months ago, but this one had a little more perspective on the issue--and it was good to read Robert Earle's comments.

It seems to me that people have been complaining about dumbed-down material on game shows for decades--including some of our most beloved 70s shows.  It all depends on where you're coming from.

And at least the writer didn't use Steve Beverly as a source.

Tim L

Game Show article
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 01:33:40 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'153168\' date=\'May 23 2007, 12:20 PM\']
[quote name=\'KWJCDon\' post=\'153145\' date=\'May 23 2007, 12:55 AM\']

Enjoy,
Don

Click here
[/quote]
I thought we were going to get another version of that Washington Post article from a few months ago, but this one had a little more perspective on the issue--and it was good to read Robert Earle's comments.

It seems to me that people have been complaining about dumbed-down material on game shows for decades--including some of our most beloved 70s shows.  It all depends on where you're coming from.

And at least the writer didn't use Steve Beverly as a source.
[/quote]

I find it amazing that Robert Earle at 81, could still remember the outcome of a College Bowl Match from 1966 in an e-mail to the author of the article.  And his thoughts on Game shows in general make me believe he is still very sharp for his age..

uncamark

Game Show article
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 02:48:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Tim L\' post=\'153183\' date=\'May 23 2007, 12:33 PM\']
I find it amazing that Robert Earle at 81, could still remember the outcome of a College Bowl Match from 1966 in an e-mail to the author of the article.  And his thoughts on Game shows in general make me believe he is still very sharp for his age..
[/quote]

It also happens that this episode is on YouTube and if the author pointed him to the Internet...