Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: First Bingo, then Rock, Paper , Scissors....  (Read 3377 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
First Bingo, then Rock, Paper , Scissors....
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 10:39:23 PM »
[quote name=\'zod20\' post=\'151829\' date=\'May 8 2007, 03:40 PM\']
I think that could possibly be one of the rated game shows of all time.
[/quote]
Oh, it'll be rated, all right.

/wow
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 01:38:52 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'151797\' date=\'May 8 2007, 12:41 PM\']The thing about Bunco is that it isn't a game, it's an excuse for a dozen women (usually women, anyhow, though I've never seen a male Bunco circle) to chatter and gossip for a few hours once a month. Why they need to roll dice mindlessly to accomplish this, I don't know, as I manage the same thing every Friday while actually playing decent games, but there it is.[/quote]I have borne witness both to a bunco party, and a gaggle of stepmom's friends playing poker. In both cases, the activity merely exists as an excuse to get together. Any time I ask stepmom about what kind of limits there are, or how the money is divvied up after the night is over, I get the idea that they don't really care about the game, they just want the bonding. So there's that.

I do have a hard time picturing a handful of women getting together around a game of Notre Dame, though. "So Notre Dame pays four points each for Bernice, Ethel and Gladys. By the way, Ethel, how's that leak in your kitchen? Oh, that's a shame. Seven rats this round means Bernice and Selma are going to suffer the plague, and Gladys, how was Bernie's prostate exam?" So it might be that they want to have something to do, because they don't want to just get together and talk. Even my little sister would have hair braiding slumber parties. And I had a locking door and a slew of Nintendo games. So we all were winners there.

Bunco offers zero in the way of strategy, planning or anything other than rolling dice, checking for the magic pip count and tallying points. To me, it seems more like an activity. Rock-paper-scissors at least has strategy, double-think and other stuff, even though it is very stripped down.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 01:57:16 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'151897\' date=\'May 8 2007, 10:38 PM\']
I do have a hard time picturing a handful of women getting together around a game of Notre Dame, though. "So Notre Dame pays four points each for Bernice, Ethel and Gladys. By the way, Ethel, how's that leak in your kitchen? Oh, that's a shame. Seven rats this round means Bernice and Selma are going to suffer the plague, and Gladys, how was Bernie's prostate exam?"
[/quote]
But really, that isn't all that far afield from what we do on Fridays, except with a lot less prostate. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 05:01:32 PM »
Actually, RPS was already done last summer as a one-shot on A&E.  Pretty bad, even considering they tried to do it tongue-in-cheek.  But it was sponsored by Bud Light and if they can get Anheuser-Busch behind it, it'll go on television.

And yeah, if you thought A&E had already gone into the toilet...