Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OU Price Is Right  (Read 1606 times)

Don Howard

OU Price Is Right
« on: May 05, 2007, 10:15:01 PM »
This past evening at Baker Theater on the campus of Ohio University, Travis Schario (intern at The Price Is Right during the autumnal months of 2006) emceed The Game Show Appreciation Society's annual presentation of The Price Is Right. Over $1600 in merchandise was awarded (approximately $150 of it in cash) to lucky Bobcat students and parents during Mom's Weekend.
Jessi, Katie, Adrienne and Natalie were the beautiful models. Your announcer was Don Howard.
There are close to 200 seats in this theater and the event was filled to capacity.
Actual show cues and graphics were used for the show, which had the blessing of Roger Dobkowitz, for whom Travis worked directly during his internship.
Interviewing the prospects and selecting the contestants was Wheel Of Fortune luggiture winner Ryan Vickers, who came all the way from Canada for this exciting presentation.
The Game Show Appreciation Society has been a recognized student organization at Ohio University since 2004, when Travis founded the group.
A survey of the crowd was taken by me during the warmup and in our audience's opinion, George Hamilton is their favorite of three finalists to take Bob Barker's spot. But quite frankly, Travis should get the gig. If you've ever seen him at the Congrefsses, you know that dude knows his onions as far as the dos and don'ts of emceeing.
So as Ralph Edwards said about Bob Barker, remember his name. You'll be hearing a lot about him.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
OU Price Is Right
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 10:25:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'151572\' date=\'May 5 2007, 07:15 PM\']
Jessi, Katie, Adrienne and Natalie were the beautiful models.
[/quote]
Thread. Worthless. Pics.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MitchJoseph2004

OU Price Is Right
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 10:55:29 PM »
Oh, as well as OU PIR is being brought up, last week Urbana University in Urbana, OH also put on the Price is Right.... but here's the difference, we only have 350 students on campus and we had roughly 200 people register as contestants! The place was packed, and it had all the energy of the real PIR. This was our first year putting it on... we played Hole In One, Cliffhangers, Pushover, 3 Strikes, Dice Game, Punch A Bunch, Half Off, and Plinko. As you can tell, we did 8 games - 4 for each half. Pics at http://photos.yahoo.com/UrbanaSAC and click on The UU Price is Right album.

Gus

OU Price Is Right
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 11:28:40 PM »
Don: Honest to god, I was just thinking to myself tonight, I should go to OUPIR this year whenever they have it, so I did some searching, and came across GSAS's webspace. This was about 10:15, so the thing probably had just ended as I was searching. So bummer there. I'm not sure if the group knows what happened to me, so just relay that I've been at the Ohio Center for Broadcasting, with the ultimate intention of amending my "Group" label on this board to "In the Biz".

Speaking of Travis's hosting wizardry, and this is directed to any fellow GSC delegates, what's gonna happen to the game tournament for this year's GSC, since it's only one day in June in New York and one day in July in California this year?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 11:42:59 PM by Gus »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
OU Price Is Right
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 11:43:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' post=\'151578\' date=\'May 5 2007, 08:28 PM\']
one day in July in California this year?
[/quote]
It got busted down to a single day? When did that happen?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
OU Price Is Right
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 11:44:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' post=\'151578\' date=\'May 5 2007, 10:28 PM\']
Speaking of Travis's hosting wizardry, and this is directed to any fellow GSC delegates, what's gonna happen to the game tournament for this year's GSC, since it's only one day in June in New York and one day in July in California this year?
[/quote]
There may be some opportunity for independent game playing Saturday night and Sunday in New York after the big to-do Saturday morning/afternoon (unfortunately, I won't be able to make the trip there).

Not sure what's going to happen in L.A., but a few ideas are being bandied about.  I'll know more later this week.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
OU Price Is Right
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 11:51:09 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'151581\' date=\'May 5 2007, 10:43 PM\']
[quote name=\'Gus\' post=\'151578\' date=\'May 5 2007, 08:28 PM\']
one day in July in California this year?
[/quote]
It got busted down to a single day? When did that happen?
[/quote]
This year.

Not sure I'm talking out of turn here, but a major part of the problem is finances (and with that, the ability to secure rooms for game-playing in addition to the various seminars and the luncheon that the convention has entailed over the last couple of years).  So with that in mind, a split plan was in order so that much of the game playing would be done over the weekend in New York (to coincide with the taking of the World Quiz on June 2), then the luncheon honoring Wink Martindale and Bob Stewart would take place in L.A. in July (which I'll be in attendance at--wrapping a vacation around it).

And if I've garbled any of this, please someone correct me.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

bwood

OU Price Is Right
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 12:44:24 PM »
Being about 45 minutes away from Athens, I totally would have went to this had I know about it.  Oh well, there's always next time!