Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone Can Play...Changes!?!  (Read 2269 times)

TimK2003

Anyone Can Play...Changes!?!
« on: April 29, 2007, 11:40:54 PM »
Just caught my e-mail over the weekend and the weekly Shokus Radio newsletter indicated that beginning on May 22nd, there will be a "brand new real authentic game show host" and new prizes.

<insert radio soap opera organ music here>

Does this mean that Ron Greenberg will be 'retiring' from the show altogether or just as host?

Is this "Brand New....Host" someone who has been on Stu's Show within the past several months, and if so, have we made him cry recently??

Will the top prize now be more than what most contestants got on the early "What's My Line" shows???

And what about Naomi????  (old schoolers may remember this line!)

</organ music>

Hopefully Ron will still be part of the show in some capacity.  Nonetheless, it should be interesting to find out what will happen in a few weeks.  Hopefully it will help boost the listenership even more.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 11:42:39 PM by TimK2003 »

Clay Zambo

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 11:55:01 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'151202\' date=\'Apr 29 2007, 11:40 PM\']
Is this "Brand New....Host" someone who has been on Stu's Show within the past several months, and if so, have we made him cry recently??
[/quote]

I wrote to Stu with this very question as soon as I read the email.  His response began, "Oh, I wish it was!"

The formal announcement will, I'm told, be made soon.

(I think Ronnie's been doing a great job, by the way.)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 11:56:10 PM by Clay Zambo »
czambo@mac.com

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 05:39:56 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'151202\' date=\'Apr 29 2007, 10:40 PM\']
And what about Naomi????  (old schoolers may remember this line!)
[/quote]
Count me as one who did.

/Hey you guys!
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

TimK2003

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 02:04:44 AM »
Here is what is going on for ACP this month:

Your new host for "Anyone Can Play..." will be Larry (not Louie, thank Goodness) Anderson -- formerly of the 80s version of Truth or Consequences, The Big Spin and GSN's Trivia Track.

And per the Shokus newsletter, Ron Greenberg will be working "behind the scenes" at Stu's website.

Also, Stu mentioned that if you were invited to play in Tuesday's Rematch Show (you played before but did not win the Grand Prize), there are still openings if you drop him a line, though the initial deadline has since passed.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 02:05:42 AM by TimK2003 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 03:12:57 AM »
Stu still needs to move the tape times back an hour or so if I'm gonna be able to play, alas, since I don't usually get home from work until quarter to 7, and for the late taping he wants people to be available from 6:15 on.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 10:55:14 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'151541\' date=\'May 5 2007, 01:04 AM\']
Your new host for "Anyone Can Play..." will be Larry (not Louie, thank Goodness) Anderson -- formerly of the 80s version of Truth or Consequences, The Big Spin and GSN's Trivia Track.
[/quote]
Now, that's a jaw dropper.

Met Larry at last year's Congreff.  I was honored to be asked to take part in a run-through for the "Buzzer Battle" game that would be played later in the weekend--Anderson served as host and Burton Richardson was the announcer (and both needed to learn their paces).  That was cool to sit in on that.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

itiparanoid13

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 11:17:40 AM »
I'm being told that Anyone Can Play is now being sponsored by Endless Games now as well.

TimK2003

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 11:42:42 PM »
I got a "sneak preview" as to what to expect when Larry Anderson take the role of host in a couple of weeks, as we had taped a rematch episode this evening to air in June.

The show does go a little faster than before and it is a little more upbeat (game format remains intact).  Larry does a very good job as host and keeps things moving.

As far as prizes, yes, Endless Games will be sponsoring ACP, and there are some great prizes to be won.  In fact, later this summer, I hear that the forthcoming Match Game DVD Game will be one of the possible prizes, so if you haven't sent in your e-mail post card to be a contestant, do it now!

I don't think Ron was in on today's taping, but he still gets credit as Executive Producer and Creator of ACP, which is now tagged at the end of the show as "A Ron Greenberg Production in association with Shokus Radio".

Without divulging any results, I can say that in the episode I was part of, the Grand Prize Package was now worth around $65.00, which aint too bad for an internet show.

And again, Stu would like me to remind you all that he's still looking for more contestants to be in the pool for future shows.

chad1m

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 03:12:02 PM »
Sounds like a great time for a great update. Too bad I was on on the old version. =D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 03:12:14 PM by chad1m »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 03:22:44 PM »
I'm sure Larry will be good, but for me, the chance to talk with Ron Greenberg was the incentive to be on the show.  I'm glad I had the opportunity to tell him how much I enjoyed his work over the years.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.