Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464100 times)

Bob Zager

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1170 on: April 26, 2010, 04:17:29 PM »
The Pressman toy website has been updated!  Though no mention of a release date, or a price, they are now showing what is at least the prototype box for their forthcoming LMAD game:

http://catalog.pressmantoy.com/index.php/a...s/item/227-5055

Note:  when you look carefully, it says, "non-approved image," so it could differ from the actual game when it comes out.

The same is true for a repackaged version of their Disney Wheel of Fortune, which instead of having the "deluxe," spinning wheel, it has a flat, cardboard spinning-arrow, with Mickey Mouse ears:

http://catalog.pressmantoy.com/index.php/f...s/item/228-5661

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #1171 on: April 26, 2010, 10:23:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'240018\' date=\'Apr 26 2010, 04:17 PM\']The same is true for a repackaged version of their Disney Wheel of Fortune, which instead of having the "deluxe," spinning wheel, it has a flat, cardboard spinning-arrow, with Mickey Mouse ears:[/quote]
And here, you had me think that the arrow itself had the ears.  I am disappointed.
This signature is currently under construction.

Bob Zager

« Reply #1172 on: April 27, 2010, 11:08:50 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'240052\' date=\'Apr 26 2010, 10:23 PM\'][quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'240018\' date=\'Apr 26 2010, 04:17 PM\']The same is true for a repackaged version of their Disney Wheel of Fortune, which instead of having the "deluxe," spinning wheel, it has a flat, cardboard spinning-arrow, with Mickey Mouse ears:[/quote]
And here, you had me think that the arrow itself had the ears.  I am disappointed.
[/quote]
Sorry, I wasn't very clear, was I?  I meant the wheel was a traditional flat cardboard one, with ears, and a spinning arrow!

In fact, several years ago, when it was first announced that a Disney WOF was going to be made, I thought it was going to feature a spinning arrow, with a Mickey Mouse on it, and maybe his index finger pointing to the spot it would stop on.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1173 on: April 29, 2010, 02:04:27 AM »
My Woot! MDP home game came today. They got hold of the "Tar-jay" version, with the extra themed games and such, so I'm pleasantly surprised. I'd never even heard of the website before, so kudos to Cory for causing me to check Woot every day since that deal.

BTW, we're 4 months into the year, and I've totally abandoned my PiR daily calendar. From my December review:

"Price is Right [calendar] games, for the most part, seem to follow a familiar pattern- they either have execution problems or are bare boned. This has both. The pricing game lineup isn't great (Most Expensive AND One Wrong Price?), and some games changed their execution to be nothing more than a glorified scratch off ticket. I got it for 50% off, and that's enough for me to keep it on my desk for 2010. If it was full price, it might have stayed on the shelf. I hope it's better if a 2011 release comes along.

Yeah, this thing may not make it to the end of the school year, let alone December- I play my trivia calendar every day, but I haven't pulled a flap on the PiR one since  April 3rd.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 02:13:57 AM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

BillCullen1

« Reply #1174 on: April 29, 2010, 08:25:57 AM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'235894\' date=\'Feb 14 2010, 10:18 PM\'][quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'235883\' date=\'Feb 14 2010, 05:04 PM\']A non-broken money distribution on the wheel?[/quote]
I'll give you this. The $5K space is out of place. $1K would probably be more appropriate

[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'235883\' date=\'Feb 14 2010, 05:04 PM\']Some sort of bonus round, maybe?[/quote]
Here's the thing- in game manufacturers' eyes, the bonus round doesn't count. By the time you've gotten that far, you've already decided on a winner. Secondly, it takes all but one player out of the game. That's why most game shows with solo bonus rounds don't include one in the home game. You'll notice that only the bonus rounds with multiple players (Password Plus, Pyramid, Family Feud) include a real, full fledged bonus that's fun to play. No dice.

Here's the thing: Pressman doesn't care what you do, or how you interpret the rules. Wanna make the vowels $500? Go for it. Pull another puzzle to use as the bonus? By all means, do it. Make the spaces worth ten times their normal amount ? Do it to it! Mostly everybody knows the basic rules to Wheel of Fortune. Pressman simply (and to an extent, lazily) provides the basic materials to help you get started. Where you go from there is up to you. They have the license for the game, and all they have to do is smack that logo on the box with a $15 price tag, and they're gonna sell units, thereby completing their only real objective.
[/quote]

Very true indeed. I've altered the rules to at least a dozen board gamres I have to make it work better or speed it up.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1175 on: April 30, 2010, 10:48:59 PM »
One of the problems people had with Ludia's Price is Right 2010 Edition is that the "Party Play" edition was merely a link where people could sign up when the mode is ready. It's not ready yet, but according to that website, Facebook will be the carrier of the party play app.

http://www.playtpir.com/LiveGame/

I like the idea, and it seems that this will be a new direction for Ludia, as they're also creating an American Idol game for Facebook.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #1176 on: May 03, 2010, 09:19:48 AM »
In other words, they've moved to a media where merely sucking would actually put them ahead of everyone else's efforts?

/I'm sure they're capable of making things not suck
//But where's the money in that?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 09:20:14 AM by Mr. Armadillo »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1177 on: May 03, 2010, 01:14:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Armadillo\' post=\'240251\' date=\'May 3 2010, 06:19 AM\']In other words, they've moved to a media where merely sucking would actually put them ahead of everyone else's efforts?

//But where's the money in that?[/quote]
Cheap, fast, and good. Pick any two.

Ludia knows their audience. "Good" isn't strictly necessary.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chad1m

« Reply #1178 on: May 18, 2010, 07:02:07 PM »
For those of us who own a PlayStation3, The Price is Right is now available as a download in the U.S. PlayStation Network. I wouldn't expect it to be any different than the Wii version, which isn't a bad thing since TPIR is the best of Ludia's three offerings this fall. The press release gives the price as $9.99.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1179 on: May 19, 2010, 01:26:13 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'240264\' date=\'May 3 2010, 12:14 PM\'][quote name=\'Mr. Armadillo\' post=\'240251\' date=\'May 3 2010, 06:19 AM\']In other words, they've moved to a media where merely sucking would actually put them ahead of everyone else's efforts?

//But where's the money in that?[/quote]
Cheap, fast, and good. Pick any two.

Ludia knows their audience. "Good" isn't strictly necessary.
[/quote]
We'll be able to see for ourselves on June 14th, as that is the day that the Facebook App gets released, per the Ludia website.

For those of us who own a PlayStation3, The Price is Right is now available as a download in the U.S. PlayStation Network. I wouldn't expect it to be any different than the Wii version, which isn't a bad thing since TPIR is the best of Ludia's three offerings this fall. The press release gives the price as $9.99.
(sigh) The PSP gets no game show love.

/Except for Buzz!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 01:29:00 PM by rollercoaster87 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1180 on: May 19, 2010, 01:36:53 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'241098\' date=\'May 19 2010, 10:26 AM\'](sigh) The PSP gets no game show love.[/quote]
Fixed that for you.

/I'm not even *allowed* in Mexico
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 01:37:05 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1181 on: May 20, 2010, 10:49:37 PM »
About the Wii Wheel Of Fortune game due later this year...apparently Pat's going to be in it. The paragraph below is directly from the "Interact With Pat" section of his website:

Pat, could you give us some sort of explanation as to why you never appeared on any Wheel video games, in the history of the video game versions? It was always nice to see Vanna, but what about you? --Susan from KY
Pat: Most of those games were first released years ago when my kids were still young. Even though I know they understood that I was a public figure, I tried to keep our lives as "normal" as possible, so I decided that it would seem weird to go to the toy store and see daddy's picture all over the place, so I opted not to do the games. In retrospect, I was probably being over-cautious, but that was my reasoning. As they've gotten older, I've begun to do the games. In fact, there's a new wii version of "Wheel" out soon that features both Vanna and me.

Fladam

« Reply #1182 on: May 21, 2010, 05:59:19 AM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'241185\' date=\'May 20 2010, 09:49 PM\']About the Wii Wheel Of Fortune game due later this year...apparently Pat's going to be in it.[/quote]

This is fantastic news.  There's still nothing from THQ about the game though.  Perhaps we will see something at E3.

Fedya

« Reply #1183 on: May 21, 2010, 07:39:00 AM »
Shouldn't it be Wiil of Fortune?

<ducks>
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

tvmitch

« Reply #1184 on: May 21, 2010, 09:37:12 AM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'241185\' date=\'May 20 2010, 10:49 PM\']Pat: Most of those games were first released years ago when my kids were still young. Even though I know they understood that I was a public figure, I tried to keep our lives as "normal" as possible, so I decided that it would seem weird to go to the toy store and see daddy's picture all over the place, so I opted not to do the games. In retrospect, I was probably being over-cautious, but that was my reasoning. As they've gotten older, I've begun to do the games. In fact, there's a new wii version of "Wheel" out soon that features both Vanna and me.[/quote]
This is interesting, and something I've always wondered about, but certainly doesn't explain the reason that Dawson and Combs weren't on the front of the FF boxes, Jim Perry on the $ale box, etc. What was the downside to the host's picture on the game box? I'm probably missing something fairly obvious.
You should follow me on Twitter