Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464079 times)

Jeremy Nelson

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1245 on: July 07, 2010, 06:33:18 PM »
Family Feud 2010 (Ludia's strongest effort of the 2010 roundup, IMO) has been released on the Playstation Network for $10. More importantly, the game also comes with network play, so if anyone else takes an interest in this, you may find a sparring partner or two on the web. IGN.com  gave it a 7.5/10, and it's a pretty respectable score, considering most game show games don't score higher than that. One of the things they highlighted was that they appreciated how the computer gave REAL wrong answers (i.e. an answer that could have possibly made the survey, but didn't), rather than spew random words for strikes. As is the case with TPIR, the game was chided for not having an actual host.

In addition, the Ludia site has a promo pic up for Millionaire. By the look of the question in the pic, it looks like the Celebrity Question will carry over to the game, and Phone A Friend is there, rather than Ask The Expert.

I own the only two current gen systems (Xbox 360, PSP) that Ludia hasn't ported their games to yet. Oh well.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 06:38:23 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1246 on: July 08, 2010, 02:41:05 AM »
[quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'243821\' date=\'Jul 7 2010, 03:33 PM\']Xbox 360[/quote]
Sometimes a more rigorous certification system does a good job of keeping out the riff-raff. Whaddaya want.

(They were supposed to do TPiR for XBLA, but for some reason it never surfaced. My guess is that their business model of "pump out crappy game for as little money as possible so you still turn a profit even with meager sales" didn't fit with the XBLA business model, which actually expects your product to perform.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JayDLewis

« Reply #1247 on: July 21, 2010, 11:16:34 AM »
From the N.S. Sherlock Institute of Higher Learning...Wipeout, the video game, sucks. Article
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

clemon79

« Reply #1248 on: July 21, 2010, 01:48:10 PM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' post=\'244596\' date=\'Jul 21 2010, 08:16 AM\']From the N.S. Sherlock Institute of Higher Learning[/quote]
I'll be stealing this. Well played, sir. :)

chad1m

« Reply #1249 on: July 28, 2010, 09:09:03 PM »
The box art for the upcoming and Millionaire video games have been released. They will likely be available on PC/Mac, DS and Wii, the standard Ludia release form, on October 5th. That's just a month before the Wheel/Jeopardy games come out on Wii and DS.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1250 on: July 29, 2010, 09:34:39 AM »
What is that in the Millionaire background? Television snow? Million Dollar win confetti? Glitter? I guess they ran out of options since they couldn't get Regis to point with purpose.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

« Reply #1251 on: July 29, 2010, 12:54:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'245196\' date=\'Jul 29 2010, 06:34 AM\']What is that in the Millionaire background? Television snow? Million Dollar win confetti? Glitter? I guess they ran out of options since they couldn't get Regis to point with purpose.[/quote]
Putting a host on the box costs money, and these projects are *not* about spending unnecessary marketing money.

Frankly I'm surprised they sprung for Mull, Griffin, Tambor, and Garrett on the H² box.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1252 on: July 29, 2010, 01:16:45 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'245208\' date=\'Jul 29 2010, 11:54 AM\'][quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'245196\' date=\'Jul 29 2010, 06:34 AM\']What is that in the Millionaire background? Television snow? Million Dollar win confetti? Glitter? I guess they ran out of options since they couldn't get Regis to point with purpose.[/quote]
Putting a host on the box costs money, and these projects are *not* about spending unnecessary marketing money.

Frankly I'm surprised they sprung for Mull, Griffin, Tambor, and Garrett on the H² box.
[/quote]
...or to even get Bergeron to do voicework...that was a pleasant surprise.

The Regis pointing was a joke, BTW. I thought the background would be the dark blue/indigo used in the logo...or something like that.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 01:17:46 PM by Jeremy Nelson »

chad1m

« Reply #1253 on: July 29, 2010, 02:01:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Jeremy Nelson\' post=\'245196\' date=\'Jul 29 2010, 09:34 AM\']What is that in the Millionaire background?[/quote]I'm wondering if maybe it's some sort of holographic image that doesn't look so hot "flat"?

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #1254 on: July 29, 2010, 02:06:49 PM »
You mean like the holographic image they put on the background of The Price is Right, Press Your Luck, and Family Feud box covers?

Hastin

« Reply #1255 on: July 31, 2010, 08:28:51 PM »
FYI: Here's some preview footage of the Ludia WWTBAM game from E3 (ignore the color commentary):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV3JaexvsWo...related#t=2m32s

The host isn't Meredith, but the voice does sound clean, and the presentation looks okay for a Ludia game.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 08:41:52 PM by Hastin »
-Hastin :)

tvmitch

« Reply #1256 on: August 03, 2010, 08:45:01 AM »
Woot's kids site has Endless Games' Million Dollar Password board game available today for $8 after shipping. Or, buy three copies for $14!

I seem to think I saw this game at Big Lots or Ollie's for $6-7 recently. I know I saw Moment of Truth and 5th Grader on a couple tables.

As an aside, I wonder which readily available mass-produced game show board game is based on the TV show with the fewest number of aired episodes. (Top Secret does not count.) I think Identity had more than MDP. But maybe there is another one.
You should follow me on Twitter

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1257 on: August 03, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »
[quote name=\'tvmitch\' post=\'245364\' date=\'Aug 3 2010, 07:45 AM\']Woot's kids site has Endless Games' Million Dollar Password board game available today for $8 after shipping. Or, buy three copies for $14!

I seem to think I saw this game at Big Lots or Ollie's for $6-7 recently. I know I saw Moment of Truth and 5th Grader on a couple tables.

As an aside, I wonder which readily available mass-produced game show board game is based on the TV show with the fewest number of aired episodes. (Top Secret does not count.) I think Identity had more than MDP. But maybe there is another one.[/quote]
Even if you don't buy a copy, check out the product description (which is different than the last time the game was on Woot). It's actually pretty amusing.

deknaj

« Reply #1258 on: August 03, 2010, 10:48:46 AM »
According to the Pressman website the LMAD board game will be in stock as of 8/30. Hopefully someone will get it and post a review of it.

Fedya

« Reply #1259 on: August 03, 2010, 02:08:31 PM »
Hopefully someone will get it and post a review of it.
Go for it.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post