Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464390 times)

JayDLewis

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2007, 08:05:08 PM »
I don't know exactly how many of these have been mentioned but this past weekend I saw:

- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader case (looks like a lunchbox) game

-Identity "case" game (small tin) and full-on board game complete with "stage"

-1 vs 100 Board Game (looks like it has a stand up "mob" you can X out to eliminate)

-2 different Deal or No Deal "briefcase" games. They were full-sized briefcases but one was fairly cheap (tin case and plastic handle) and the other was much nicer (higher grade metal for the actual case and a solid metal handle).
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2007, 09:02:18 PM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' post=\'164011\' date=\'Sep 16 2007, 05:05 PM\']
[/quote]
"Who does that person look like to you?"

"Erm, it looks like the cardboard figurine that was the hula dancer in the last game, the pimp in the game before that, and the gourmet chef in the game before that."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JohnTheGameMan

« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2007, 09:17:04 PM »
There has been very little mentioning of the "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader" DVD game.  It should be out sometime in October but I noticed Amazon is taking pre-orders for the game.
BTW: Where can the "Identity" game be found.  I have not been able to find it at either my Toys R Us or Target.  I went to the GSN buzz board and someone found the game at an arts and crafts store.
Finally, it may not be a board game itself, but there is a "Deal or No Deal" scratch and play book out now, as well as a book companion to "5th Grader" out in the next month or so.

Neumms

« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2007, 01:02:34 PM »
[quote name=\'JohnTheGameMan\' post=\'164017\' date=\'Sep 16 2007, 08:17 PM\']
Finally, it may not be a board game itself, but there is a "Deal or No Deal" scratch and play book out now, as well as a book companion to "5th Grader" out in the next month or so.
[/quote]

A book companion? If people read books, they wouldn't have a show.

deknaj

« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2007, 10:38:19 PM »
So where has there been a mention of Identity? I have checked several board game stores and dept stores and they have no listing of it...any info would be appreciated.

Bob Zager

« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2007, 11:08:03 AM »
I'd read some reports online that Identity was going to be coming out, and although it is out now, I haven't seen it anywhere yet, myself.

I DID find a listing at Toys R Us Canada website:

http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/se...+&nvalue=27

It also lists the "card game," but pictures the same "board game," box.

If I'm correct, this game marks only the second time in Pressman Games' history that the host is pictured on the box--can you guess the only other game show box game from Pressman to feature the show's host on the box?

While on the subject of box games, apparently the new 5th edition Password game from Endless Games is out now.  At least it's turned up on eBay, as well as other websites thus far.

BrandonFG

« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2007, 01:01:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'164261\' date=\'Sep 19 2007, 11:08 AM\']
If I'm correct, this game marks only the second time in Pressman Games' history that the host is pictured on the box--can you guess the only other game show box game from Pressman to feature the show's host on the box?
[/quote]
Not sure on the host, but I find it interesting that the box referred to it as "The Hit NBC Game Show". I mean, it did all right in December, but I thought it got lower ratings than 1 vs. 100, which at least wins its timeslot on occasion...
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Mike Tennant

« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2007, 03:21:40 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'164282\' date=\'Sep 19 2007, 01:01 PM\']
Not sure on the host, but I find it interesting that the box referred to it as "The Hit NBC Game Show". [/quote]
Typical home game hype there.  It seems to me that Wink's High Rollers home game, for example, also referred to HR as "the new hit TV game show," which it wasn't--and came out before the show had even premiered, at which point there was no way they could possibly have known that anyway.

Bob Zager

« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2007, 10:06:51 AM »
Here is an illustration of a box cover, minus Penn Jillette's picture, as seen at the Sears website of Canada!

http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B000V82BHG/...searsBrand=core

Still haven't seen the game in any stores, but it's strange that the only two websites I've seen the game listed at, are both based in Canada.

Bob Zager

« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2007, 04:45:02 PM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' post=\'164011\' date=\'Sep 16 2007, 08:05 PM\']
I don't know exactly how many of these have been mentioned but this past weekend I saw:

- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader case (looks like a lunchbox) game

-1 vs 100 Board Game (looks like it has a stand up "mob" you can X out to eliminate)

-2 different Deal or No Deal "briefcase" games. They were full-sized briefcases but one was fairly cheap (tin case and plastic handle) and the other was much nicer (higher grade metal for the actual case and a solid metal handle).
[/quote]

Which retailer had the "Identity" games?  I can't find them in any stores by me, and I've only traced one or the other version to Toys R Us and Sears Canadian-based websites.

Seems unusual that the games--made in U.S. and based on a show produced in U.S.--are not turning up on U.S.-based websites, let alone stores.

Oh, also JayD, did the "Identity," games you saw feature Penn Jillette's picture?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2007, 12:59:23 PM »
I think I've added just about all of the new releases mentioned in this thread (and a couple that weren't) to The Game Show Home Game Home Page.  I'm sure I can count on you guys to let me know if I've left anything out.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

JayDLewis

« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2007, 03:11:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'164576\' date=\'Sep 22 2007, 03:45 PM\']
Which retailer had the "Identity" games?  I can't find them in any stores by me, and I've only traced one or the other version to Toys R Us and Sears Canadian-based websites.
[/quote]

Both Identity games were at TRU. Both featured Penn on the box/tin.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 03:25:03 PM by JayDLewis »
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2007, 08:14:41 PM »
This has to be a first...

This afternoon while at a gas station getting a Deal or No Deal scratcher, I saw the store had 5th Grader keychains for $4 apiece.  The keychain is a disc (multiple discs?) enclosed in a plastic case with questions on one side and answers on the other.  It was awfully big for a keychain, between 4 and 5 inches in diameter.  Each keychain has a different category.

FWIW, the $5 scratcher netted me $10.  It's better than spending 8+ hours in a boiling hot studio and getting a ball cap for your suffering.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 08:15:34 PM by MikeK »

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2007, 09:43:31 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'165045\' date=\'Sep 28 2007, 08:14 PM\']
It was awfully big for a keychain, between 4 and 5 inches in diameter.  Each keychain has a different category.
[/quote]
The only keychain to have crime deterrent?

I have a 3x5 index card in my hand.  That IS big for a keychain.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 09:43:52 PM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2007, 10:11:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'165053\' date=\'Sep 28 2007, 09:43 PM\']I have a 3x5 index card in my hand.  That IS big for a keychain.[/quote]
5 inches might be large.  (That's what she said!)  4 inches in diameter is a better estimation on the keychain's size.

While out and about tomorrow, I'll head to the gas station and hopefully snag a URL for the manufacturer since I can't find anything about these keychains.