Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464379 times)

Hastin

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2007, 01:08:28 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'165486\' date=\'Oct 3 2007, 09:19 PM\']
Yeah, you gave the guy a sale he didn't think he was going to get. I'm sure he feels really spited.
[/quote]

Yes, but at the same time, buying them KEEPS them in the store (which it sounds like he didn't like). Oh well, he getting paid $10.00/hr anyway.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:08:42 AM by Hastin »
-Hastin :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2007, 01:24:26 AM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'165489\' date=\'Oct 3 2007, 10:08 PM\']
Yes, but at the same time, buying them KEEPS them in the store (which it sounds like he didn't like). Oh well, he getting paid $10.00/hr anyway.
[/quote]
Um. Yeah. OK.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Hastin

« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2007, 01:51:00 AM »
Yea. This is way too many details for such a mediocre game.

Please continue with your regularly scheduled discussion.

Bob Zager

« Reply #168 on: October 09, 2007, 10:41:56 AM »
A report published last week at licensemag.com, mentioned that Cardinal Industries secured a license to make card and board games based on The Singing Bee, and that the product(s) should be available in time for the holiday season.

This past weekend, I saw the AYSTA5G DVD game from Parker Brothers/Hasbro at Toys R Us, and the card game version from Cardinal at Kohls, in a smaller tin metal box.  The graphics on the tin box say that it includes the question CD, but it would have to be smaller than the standard size CD!

I also saw at Kohls that Pressman has released another small-size tin boxed travel version of WOF, only recognizing the "Silver Anniversary," of the show.  This link shows what it looks like:

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/toys/famil...+2Game+Tin.jsp#

The only other game show related stuff I saw there were the 3rd Edition Family Feud DVD game, Deal or No Deal "Talking Pass 'N Play" electronic game, and the DOND card game in small-tin box, like the one released last year.

clemon79

« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2007, 11:31:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'166040\' date=\'Oct 9 2007, 07:41 AM\']
This past weekend, I saw the AYSTA5G DVD game from Parker Brothers/Hasbro at Toys R Us, and the card game version from Cardinal at Kohls, in a smaller tin metal box.  The graphics on the tin box say that it includes the question CD, but it would have to be smaller than the standard size CD!
[/quote]
Do you think? I ran across this at Walgreen's the other morning, and I thought the case was big enough to hold a 5" CD.

If I'm wrong, maybe it's one of those 3" ones?

Bob Zager

« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2007, 12:19:59 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'166044\' date=\'Oct 9 2007, 11:31 AM\']
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'166040\' date=\'Oct 9 2007, 07:41 AM\']
[/quote]
Do you think? I ran across this at Walgreen's the other morning, and I thought the case was big enough to hold a 5" CD.

If I'm wrong, maybe it's one of those 3" ones?
[/quote]

Let me make sure I'm clear that this is in a smaller tin box, not the neat lunchbox.  The box I'm referring to is the same size as the WOF travel tin, Password/Password Jr. tin, etc.

I also just stumbled across a listing/illustration for a NEW DOND PC game, slated to come out this month, called DEAL OR NO DEAL--SECRET VAULT GAMES!  Here's a link to that:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/puzzle/dealorno...ames/index.html

clemon79

« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2007, 12:54:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'166048\' date=\'Oct 9 2007, 09:19 AM\']
Let me make sure I'm clear that this is in a smaller tin box, not the neat lunchbox.  The box I'm referring to is the same size as the WOF travel tin, Password/Password Jr. tin, etc.
[/quote]
Ah, okay. This one was in the Official DOnD Replica Briefcase. I see now.
I also just stumbled across a listing/illustration for a NEW DOND PC game, slated to come out this month, called DEAL OR NO DEAL--SECRET VAULT GAMES!
Ah yes. I see that 2K realized what Atari did with regard to their WizardWorks brand: that the Global Star brand is a sure sign of utter crap. I hope they actually wrote a randomizer into this one.

/case 21, kids
//Bring your DS to a bar, you'll never pay for another drink again

Hastin

« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2007, 04:42:35 PM »
Also, it appears as if there will be a Crosswords game soon, as per this listing at Gamestop.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2007, 04:59:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'166078\' date=\'Oct 9 2007, 04:42 PM\']
Also, it appears as if there will be a Crosswords game soon[/quote]
If the ratings are any indication, they'd better hurry...

Meanwhile, the three crossword collections tied to the series are supposed to be released next week.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Bob Zager

« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2007, 12:12:54 PM »
A new report printed the other day at licensemag.com, mentioned this week's Toy Fair in Dallas, but that most items will not be out until next year (even some not until around Xmas 2008)!

A handheld/touchscreen AYSTA5G electronic game might be out in time for Xmas 2007, and a tabletop version is planned for next year.

Endless Games has plans for a second DVD version of TPIR (already mentioned in Stan Blits' book), as well as a card game version.  (EG also plans a trivia game about The Godfather trilogy.)

Pressman plans to release a Disney/Pixar character themed version of WOF next year, as well as an ESPN-themed Jeopardy game.  Though not mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if a 25th Annivesary edition of J! is planned for next year as well!  (Note--Pressman DID market a "25th Anniversary" J! game back in 1990, but that was recognizing the silver anniversary of the original NBC program.)

Jakks Pacific's 2008 roster includes Plug 'N Play versions of AYSTA5G, and an updated WOF!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2007, 07:27:46 PM »
While at the local Wal-Mart this afternoon, I noticed that they had the Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? box game for $10.  The game's been out about two months and it's already in the clearance bin.  Ow.

While on the subject of (reasonably) new games, has anybody seen the Jakks 1 vs. 100 game for sale at any brick-and-mortar stores?

deknaj

« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2007, 09:55:24 PM »
Yesterday I saw at a local game store in the Cleveland area (Go Game store in Tower City for those in the area) the first game store US to have the Identity board game. It was $24.99.

tpirfan28

« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2007, 09:42:12 AM »
I went to Toys 'R Us yesterday...and had some time to check the games aisle.  I didn't see anything new, though.  I have noticed that they are grouping all the game show titles together near the DVD game section...except for the 1 vs 100 sets, which are buried on the top shelf, nowhere near the rest of the game adaptations.

Has anyone played the Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader computer game yet?  It is worth it?
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

LA the DJ

« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2007, 10:09:20 AM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'166286\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 09:42 AM\']
Has anyone played the Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader computer game yet?  It is worth it?
[/quote]

I've played it, and it seemed pretty basic. The game is there, but not much extra. ONe thing I didn't like was that you're just randomly selecting the kids. There's no indication that any of the kids are any better at any subject and their help seems to be pretty random. In my few times playing I saw one of the computer kids answer a first grade question wrong twice.

Worth it? Only if you really like the show.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2007, 10:34:51 AM »
This slipped my mind yesterday (weird day yesterday, being about a mile from the school shooting and getting a lot of messages and calls asking if I'm OK)...

The local WMT had the 5th Grader DVD game in stock.  They also had a single copy of the LMaD DVD game, a DVD game I have never seen in any stores in this area, marked down to $11.