Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 463170 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1845 on: December 12, 2011, 01:09:25 PM »
(At which point people would probably complain it doesn't sound like the arrangement used on TPIR.)
I get the feeling that Ludia really isn't that concerned about this level of detail. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Fedya

« Reply #1846 on: December 12, 2011, 02:02:56 PM »
I meant the same people here who are complaining about everything else.

I'm surprised they're not complaining that the host doesn't sexually harass the models.  ;-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #1847 on: December 12, 2011, 03:38:44 PM »
Personally, the biggest heartbreaker for me is the lack of music in Hurdles, since Hurdles was the only reason I even bothered to buy this game. I could have stuck with the 2010 Edition and been less disappointed.

Also, if I get Professor Price one more time, I'll do this.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 03:39:45 PM by DoorNumberFour »
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #1848 on: December 12, 2011, 05:20:57 PM »
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]Throwing another hat in the ring regarding "Decades." I agree on the small mistakes. If they bother to get little things right elsewhere, it doesn't make sense when they're incorrect in other places. For example, the opening spiels are correct to the year ("From the Bob Barker Studio..." isn't said until the year it was said on the show) and they bothered to have the 70s opening titles only read "HOUR POWER." So if that level of detail is possible, which has no real effect for the casual buyer, then how hard is it to program out leading zeroes in your bids? The thing with the fonts is really annoying in that regard. All the pieces are there, and they managed to get specific on some of the details elsewhere.[/size][/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"] [/font]
[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"] [/font][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]-Jason[/size][/font]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:21:05 PM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

« Reply #1849 on: December 12, 2011, 05:28:11 PM »
So if that level of detail is possible, which has no real effect for the casual buyer, then how hard is it to program out leading zeroes in your bids?
It's not. In the least. The art people get it right because they are being sent screencaps and being told exactly what to create. The coding people have never seen the show because the US version of the show does not air in Latvia. The left hand has no idea of what the right hand is doing.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:44:51 PM by clemon79 »

Fedya

« Reply #1850 on: December 12, 2011, 08:41:18 PM »
Personally, the biggest heartbreaker for me is the lack of music in Hurdles
Hum your own damn music.  ;-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1851 on: December 18, 2011, 11:38:39 AM »
The left hand has no idea of what the right hand is doing.
I believe that's called a Stranger in some circles.

/or so I've heard
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

« Reply #1852 on: December 18, 2011, 02:33:10 PM »
I believe that's called a Stranger in some circles.
Never let your right hand know, man.

Thunder

« Reply #1853 on: January 03, 2012, 12:44:03 PM »
(Tangentially related to game shows...)

In the used PS2 Games bin at the local GameStop, I found "Carol Vorderman's Sudoku" for the low $ale Of The Century price of 99 cents. Needless to say I hit the buzzer on that deal and am the proud owner of a sudoku game that features a few Carol Vorderman videos and images of Carol in various cleavage-revealing dresses.

There's no mention of who Carol Vorderman is or why she is featured in a sudoku game. As my girlfriend said "Who's that British bird?"

It's worth 99 cents. That's all I can say about it.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1854 on: January 03, 2012, 12:52:58 PM »
(Tangentially related to game shows...)

In the used PS2 Games bin at the local GameStop, I found "Carol Vorderman's Sudoku" for the low $ale Of The Century price of 99 cents. Needless to say I hit the buzzer on that deal and am the proud owner of a sudoku game that features a few Carol Vorderman videos and images of Carol in various cleavage-revealing dresses.
Mattel released a DVD version of Carol Vorderman's Sudoku some years ago, probably around the time the PS2 game was released.  (2007, IIRC.)  I found a sealed copy at a Half Price Books knockoff for $3 a few years ago.

narzo

« Reply #1855 on: January 09, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
In the UK iTunes store, they have "Catch Phrase" for iPad.  It's 69p (down from 1.99) with 2 extra question packs available at 69p each.

EDIT:  OK, I've downloaded and played it.  Let's just say, the bar has been raised for an iPad game.  http://islandwall.wordpress.com/mobile-apps/catchphrase/ has some screenshots and it plays beautiful.  Real sound effects from the british version with minor amounts of host chatter.  If you have access to the UK iTunes store, you will not regret it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:00:54 PM by narzo »

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #1856 on: January 09, 2012, 04:15:48 PM »
In the UK iTunes store, they have "Catch Phrase" for iPad.  It's 69p (down from 1.99) with 2 extra question packs available at 69p each.

EDIT:  OK, I've downloaded and played it.  Let's just say, the bar has been raised for an iPad game.  http://islandwall.wordpress.com/mobile-apps/catchphrase/ has some screenshots and it plays beautiful.  Real sound effects from the british version with minor amounts of host chatter.  If you have access to the UK iTunes store, you will not regret it.

Do you live in the UK? If not, how do you get access to the UK App Store? I've been dying to play legit Countdown on my iPad since I first got it.
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1857 on: January 09, 2012, 04:19:13 PM »
Do you live in the UK? If not, how do you get access to the UK App Store? I've been dying to play legit Countdown on my iPad since I first got it.
I was able to get The Cube for my iPod with no problems. I wasn't aware that there's a UK App Store as opposed to a US App Store.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #1858 on: January 09, 2012, 04:38:43 PM »
I was able to get The Cube for my iPod with no problems. I wasn't aware that there's a UK App Store as opposed to a US App Store.
For some reason, The Cube is being sold in the US App Store, and I have no idea why. But yeah, every country has its own localized version. I know normally you have to live in the country whose store you're trying to access, but I thought maybe narzo had a way around that.

If you ever want to check out the international stores, click on the little round flag in the very bottom-right corner of the App Store home page.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:40:07 PM by DoorNumberFour »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1859 on: January 09, 2012, 04:46:19 PM »
For some reason, The Cube is being sold in the US App Store, and I have no idea why.
Because Apple knows what's good for 'em, I say. :)
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.