Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464375 times)

tpirfan28

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2007, 10:39:16 AM »
Hole in One?  Really?  That's...unusual.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2007, 11:46:26 AM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'167323\' date=\'Oct 19 2007, 07:02 AM\']
I also saw an entry for a 1 VS 100 Nintendo DS game, to come in May 2008.  No box illustration or anything like that at this time.
[/quote]
Do you remember who they said was going to do it? PRAY it isn't the people who did the DoND game.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2007, 12:03:35 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'167334\' date=\'Oct 19 2007, 11:46 AM\']Do you remember who they said was going to do it? PRAY it isn't the people who did the DoND game.[/quote]
Well...it is.  Destination Software, the Fremantle of video games, is handling 1 vs. 100 for the DS.

/They screwed up Marble Madness for the GBA as well.
//And Pac-Man Pinball for the GBA.
///And Snood.
////And Snood 2.
/////But Destination actually got it right with Uno/SkipBo/Uno Freefall.
//////1 success out of 6.  That's better than the bottom of the Red Sox lineup in the ALCS.
///////(obligatory rooting for the Indians here)

clemon79

« Reply #198 on: October 19, 2007, 01:28:21 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'167336\' date=\'Oct 19 2007, 09:03 AM\']
Well...it is.  Destination Software, the Fremantle of video games, is handling 1 vs. 100 for the DS.
[/quote]
Ah. My sphincter fairly puckers in anticipation.
/They screwed up Marble Madness for the GBA as well.
I go around in circles with Travis about this; I simply don't understand the appeal of playing Marble Madness without a trackball. I had it for my old Apple II back in the day and the only reason I played it then was because remotely-accurate arcade-game ports for PC's were quite the novelty back then.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #199 on: October 19, 2007, 03:31:19 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'167341\' date=\'Oct 19 2007, 01:28 PM\'][quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'167336\' date=\'Oct 19 2007, 09:03 AM\']/They screwed up Marble Madness for the GBA as well.[/quote]
I go around in circles with Travis about this; I simply don't understand the appeal of playing Marble Madness without a trackball. I had it for my old Apple II back in the day and the only reason I played it then was because remotely-accurate arcade-game ports for PC's were quite the novelty back then.[/quote]
The trackball issue aside, the reason Marble Madness for the GBA was screwed up was due to the game abruptly ending after 3 levels, while the 5 1/4" version of it I had ~20 years ago had the full 6 levels.  Hopefully the powers that be fixed the gaming issue on the Midway Arcade Treasures series.

Revisiting the trackball issue, the lack of a trackball is the reason why Crystal Castles on Atari Anthology for the PC and PS2 absolutely suck balls.  I loved it as an arcade game, but using the mouse or PS2 gamepad to move the main character around is maddening.

Neumms

« Reply #200 on: October 19, 2007, 05:16:54 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'167341\' date=\'Oct 19 2007, 12:28 PM\']
I go around in circles with Travis about this; I simply don't understand the appeal of playing Marble Madness without a trackball. I had it for my old Apple II back in the day and the only reason I played it then was because remotely-accurate arcade-game ports for PC's were quite the novelty back then.
[/quote]

Out of curiosity, a touch-pad--as replaces the mouse on, in my case, a MacBook Pro--wouldn't be a bad substitute, would it? I mean, in that it can tell how fast you're moving in a direction?

The other sticky wicket--anybody make it (or Tempest) for Mac?

clemon79

« Reply #201 on: October 20, 2007, 06:15:21 AM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'167352\' date=\'Oct 19 2007, 12:31 PM\']
Hopefully the powers that be fixed the gaming issue on the Midway Arcade Treasures series.
[/quote]
Since MAT is basically Digital Eclipse-produced emulations of the games in question, you may rest assured that Marble Madness is running more-or-less on the same code used in the arcade.
Revisiting the trackball issue, the lack of a trackball is the reason why Crystal Castles on Atari Anthology for the PC and PS2 absolutely suck balls.
I thought it was playable-but-not-arcade-perfect with a mouse. And they do make mass-market trackballs for PC's, ya know.
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'167365\' date=\'Oct 19 2007, 02:16 PM\']
Out of curiosity, a touch-pad--as replaces the mouse on, in my case, a MacBook Pro--wouldn't be a bad substitute, would it? I mean, in that it can tell how fast you're moving in a direction?
[/quote]
Actually, it really would. Touchpads don't translate to trackball controllers well. But, again, the good folks at Kensington can fix that.
The other sticky wicket--anybody make it (or Tempest) for Mac?
A retail version? I cannot say. But you can sure as hell run MAME on one.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 06:16:47 AM by clemon79 »

Bob Zager

« Reply #202 on: October 20, 2007, 10:28:58 AM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'167181\' date=\'Oct 17 2007, 07:27 PM\']
Yes, iToys has developed a Feud tabletop and handheld game.  They are coming out soon.  I'm getting a copy or two of each, so I can tell you how they are in a week or so.

Edit: Apparently they've been showing the game on the credits of the TV show, as Zach Horan emailed me for some reason about this.  I think I need to change my email address.
[/quote]

I haven't seen any promos myself, but I'm curious if anyone else has, and what the game looks like (almost like the British one, and does it feature the current logo?)

While looking at the instructions to the British game version, I found out that what looked like a handheld game version, is actually included with the stand-up console, and is used by a designated "host" of the game.  This way, only the host sees the answers, and when somebody gives an answer that is among the ones on the "board," the host pushes the corresponding button to that answer, and then it is displayed on the large console board.

I also found out some interesting notes about next year's ESPN Jeopardy! game from Pressman:

"ESPN Jeopardy! lets sports enthusiasts put their knowledge to the test. Available in two versions—a board game and a deluxe attaché travel edition—it includes answers and questions created by Jeopardy! writers, as well as official ESPN categories. The board game includes an electronic buzzer."

This is according to a report at playthings.com

WhammyPower

« Reply #203 on: October 21, 2007, 07:09:09 PM »
Review of the Match Game DVD game:

For $15.95 or so at Farm and Fleet (which is certainly better than the $22.95 minimum price online), I picked one up today, and played with it.  It's pretty good.  Rounds 1 and 3 play like Match Game 90's main game, with $50/match in round 1, and $100/match in round 3.  Round 2 is a Super Match (with '7x values) for all people who are in the lead.  Round 4 is the Celebrity Match, for the winner only, for double the money he won in the game.  If needed, a tiebreaker will be played between rounds 3 and 4 to determine a single winner.  Comes with DVD, instruction sheet, 6 markers, and 6 hugely oversized answer cards.  They could've saved a ton on packaging by making the cards 1/2 or even 1/4 the size.

PROS:
+ Works pretty smoothly for a DVD game
+ Videos of Gene reading the questions
+ No randomness in picking out a game's questions... you pick from a set of 25.

CONS:
- Todd Newton again (Can't they get somebody else, like Roger Lodge?)
- Uses MG '7x questions... which means there are some dated ones.
- Animated stills of the celebrity answers (but, there is audio, too)

Rating... 4/5.  Good if you can pick it up for a discount like I did, otherwise... it might be worth the wait.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 07:12:48 PM by WhammyPower »

Bob Zager

« Reply #204 on: October 22, 2007, 03:16:35 PM »
Here's things I've found (or found out about) over this past weekend:

The Target store in my area now has a spot labeled for the new Family Feud tabletop game, with a price of $29.99!  No item as of yet, though!

Bookstores now have the first THREE volumes of Merv Griffin's Crosswords books.

JayDLewis

« Reply #205 on: October 26, 2007, 09:52:23 AM »
If anyone was curious, I finally remembered to take a couple pics of the Identity board game. (300Kb+ JPGs)

http://www.qwizx.com/pics/id1.jpg
http://www.qwizx.com/pics/id2.jpg

The cost is $19.99. <Don Pardo>Price authority, Toys R Us, Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. Bill?</Don Pardo>
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

Bob Zager

« Reply #206 on: October 26, 2007, 01:13:46 PM »
Some websites (including Amazon, Target, boardgames.com to name a few), are now showing that the "Ultimate Game Show Collection," box set IS now available for $100 (rounded off to the nearest $)!

Though they all erroneously illustrate the tin box for a three-DVD game package, consisting of Family Feud 2nd Edition, plus LMAD and PYL, this apparently is the big box set, that includes the DVD games previously released by Imagination Entertainment, plus What's My Line?, To Tell the Truth, Beat the Clock, Family Feud Movie Edition and In Order to Win.

mcsittel

« Reply #207 on: October 26, 2007, 06:20:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'167027\' date=\'Oct 16 2007, 05:24 PM\']
Click this link for more information about the new DOND Secret Vault Games, which should be coming out next week:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/puzzle/dealorno...86&mode=all
[/quote]

Looks like this one was delayed until late November?  I'm seeing some November 28 release dates now.  

In this case, is it really a delay (e.g., problems at the factory) or did someone decide it should be held until closer to the holidays?  I would think at this point the game was done-it's all a question of timing?  (Where have we heard that before...)

clemon79

« Reply #208 on: October 26, 2007, 06:53:09 PM »
[quote name=\'mcsittel\' post=\'167989\' date=\'Oct 26 2007, 03:20 PM\']
In this case, is it really a delay (e.g., problems at the factory) or did someone decide it should be held until closer to the holidays?  I would think at this point the game was done-it's all a question of timing?  (Where have we heard that before...)
[/quote]
Global Star has never had a problem churning out crap before, I see no reason why their factories would suddenly stop now.

Bob Zager

« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2007, 10:49:49 AM »
Well, just like with the Identity game from Pressman, Toys R Us of CANADA, is now showing an illustration of the Family Feud electronic tabletop game, from iToys (which is based in Canada!):

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?pr.../TRUSCA/2510384