Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464359 times)

WhammyPower

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #240 on: November 27, 2007, 08:29:52 PM »
Huge deal: Family Feud 3rd Edition, Millionaire, and Deal or No Deal DVD games are available at Sam's Club for $14.88.

What makes this deal even better is that none of those come in the giant box.

(Look near the TV and movie DVDs.)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 08:30:10 PM by WhammyPower »

tvwxman

« Reply #241 on: November 27, 2007, 10:47:24 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' post=\'170648\' date=\'Nov 27 2007, 08:29 PM\']
Huge deal: Family Feud 3rd Edition, Millionaire, and Deal or No Deal DVD games are available at Sam's Club for $14.88.
[/quote]
Fixed. If you've played them, they're still overpriced.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

itiparanoid13

« Reply #242 on: November 28, 2007, 12:42:53 PM »
iToys started a special deal with my site today.  Should have been yesterday but I was out of town.

In a special deal until December 22nd, you can get the 1 VS 100 tabletop game for a discounted price of $19.99.  You can get the mega pack of the tabletop game plus the handheld game for $24.99.  Both are without shipping or handling.  I've sung praises about the tabletop game even before this deal started.  It's really an extremely nice product that follows the rules of the show to near perfection, including the show's tricky writing.  I figured that people here who don't visit my site just might like to know since it's a special cheap deal for game show products.

You can get them by clicking here.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #243 on: November 28, 2007, 01:11:26 PM »
On the product's Web site (actually, there's a link at the bottom of the page Alex linked) they have a Flash-based version of the thing for you to try out. I found it pretty insipid as an electronic game. It was:

1) Answer question.
2) Score randomly.
3) Answer another question.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

alfonzos

« Reply #244 on: December 04, 2007, 04:18:13 PM »
Someone has already seen fit to discard Irwin Toy’s Family Feud. I picked it up at a Goodwill Store on Saturday. I like the way it looks. The gameboard is a ten-inch tall replica of the television gameboard. The rules, in a nutshell, are that two teams write down seven answers to a survey question. When the teams are ready, the game reveals the answers in descending order of popularity to the fifth answer. There are eight rounds of play alternating between the competition game and Fast Money. The unit uses sound effects from the game. I haven’t played it because few people in my crowd like guessing games.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #245 on: December 05, 2007, 10:37:11 AM »
Caught the Singing Bee board game at Walgreen's yesterday. About 15 bucks. Cardinal. Which doesn't even have the game listed in their website. Under "what's new?" --Lost and Desperate Housewives games, already markdowns in many stores. Ahhh, what confidence it inspires :-)

(come to think of it...they don't even have their 5th Grader or 1 v 100 card tins listed....)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 11:27:57 AM by The Ol' Guy »

Sodboy13

« Reply #246 on: December 05, 2007, 11:50:50 AM »
[quote name=\'alfonzos\' post=\'171288\' date=\'Dec 4 2007, 03:18 PM\']
Someone has already seen fit to discard Irwin Toy’s Family Feud. I picked it up at a Goodwill Store on Saturday. I like the way it looks. The gameboard is a ten-inch tall replica of the television gameboard. The rules, in a nutshell, are that two teams write down seven answers to a survey question. When the teams are ready, the game reveals the answers in descending order of popularity to the fifth answer. There are eight rounds of play alternating between the competition game and Fast Money. The unit uses sound effects from the game. I haven’t played it because few people in my crowd like guessing games.
[/quote]

Funny, I don't remember seeing anything on the box advertising this game as "Absolutely nothing like the popular TV Game Show!"  So it's basically the DVD game, only without the DVD or any of the production values.  Faboo.  The British Family Fortunes game looks infinitely better than this - and appears to actually be based on the TV show.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

weaklink75

« Reply #247 on: December 07, 2007, 05:07:51 PM »
Went to TRU, saw the 5th grader handheld for $21.99 (it's cute though-the stylus for the touch screen is pencil shaped). Didn't pick that up, but I did get "DOND: Secret Vault Games" for the PC (it's a tenuous tie-in-it's basically 20 different mini-games, some luck-based, some strategy, but it's OK I think for $20)

WhammyPower

« Reply #248 on: December 26, 2007, 12:41:54 PM »
What after Christmas deals have you guys found?

I found the Family Feud tabletop game on clearance for $10 at Target

peiboy91

« Reply #249 on: December 26, 2007, 01:20:30 PM »
A couple of weeks ago I found the 1 vs. 100 DVD game at a Target in San Diego on clearance for $7.50. It's true to the format (as it was last season) and one of the best game show DVD games I've played. The tabletop game was also on clearance for under $20.00 for anyone who may have missed out on BuzzerBlog's sale.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 03:40:35 PM by peiboy91 »

tpirfan28

« Reply #250 on: December 30, 2007, 07:19:55 PM »
The Price is Right computer game now has a website.

They are going to release it for PC, Mac, Wii* (!?), Nintendo DS, and XBox 360.

No date has been set for release.

*this ought to be interesting....and odd.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

geno57

« Reply #251 on: December 30, 2007, 08:04:11 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'173473\' date=\'Dec 30 2007, 06:19 PM\']

[/quote]

You pick a female Polynesian avatar, and you must pick up the host and swing him around.

If you're a certain other female character ... when you're called "on down", you have to be so happy that your (virtual) boob plops out of your (virtual) top.

clemon79

« Reply #252 on: December 30, 2007, 08:24:17 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'173473\' date=\'Dec 30 2007, 04:19 PM\']

No date has been set for release.

[/quote]
Ah, it officially announced. Looking at the site, it's clearly going to be HEAVILY ad-supported, which makes me wonder if the 360 one is gonna be a free download from LIVE.

(And the Wii version isn't going to use the Wiimote for anything more interesting than point-and-click. Bank on it.)

tpirfan28

« Reply #253 on: January 04, 2008, 07:17:30 PM »
"Trailer" (?) for the TPIR computer game

Light years ahead of the other game...this one has Plinko, Hole in One, Freeze Frame, Range Game, Race Game, Punch-A-Bunch, Master Key, Cliffhangers, Bonkers, Flip Flop, and Pushover (maybe more...just from the vid).  A couple of things rub me the wrong way...they're using the Barker set from two years ago+ and it looks like they cherry picked announcing copy again...Rich does the calldown and Rod announces Plinko in the clip.

Anyway...a game I'll still probably pick up.

/Punch-A-Bunch and Hole in One have potential for the Wiimote
//*potential*...definitely won't happen
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 07:18:07 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

« Reply #254 on: January 04, 2008, 07:30:20 PM »
I have to admit, it looks pretty neat. AND...
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'173849\' date=\'Jan 4 2008, 04:17 PM\']
A couple of things rub me the wrong way...they're using the Barker set from two years ago+ and it looks like they cherry picked announcing copy again...Rich does the calldown and Rod announces Plinko in the clip.[/quote]
...if this sort of thing ticks off the rest of the TPiR-obsessed, I'll buy it, just on principle.