Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464337 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #330 on: March 27, 2008, 06:48:30 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'182686\' date=\'Mar 27 2008, 03:43 PM\']
A source from someone reliable[/quote]
Yes, that is somewhat more reliable. The rest of the post, however, made my head hurt.

(A lot of that also sounded very pie-in-the-sky, and the guy doesn't know how his own game is being licensed? C'mon.)
I *wish* "Go" would be a downloadable game.  :)
Can't say I'm surprised. Go would be a HORRIBLE PC game, and you're talking to one of the biggest Go fans on the planet.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

alfonzos

« Reply #331 on: March 28, 2008, 03:07:15 PM »
Agreed, Go would make a horrible PC game. There have been at least two board games just like it though: Talkin' Tango by Patch Products and Bialogue by Resimont.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

Bob Zager

« Reply #332 on: April 13, 2008, 04:43:21 PM »
Here's a peek at the box art for the new Disney themed Wheel of Fortune game:

http://www.mercyu-s-a.com/products.cfm?Act...Det&ID=1193

bwood

« Reply #333 on: April 13, 2008, 04:51:50 PM »
Just spotted the 2nd Edition Wheel of Fortune Plug N Play at Kmart ($21.99). The colors are different, it boasts 360 new puzzles, and it seems to make use of some of the newer gimmicks on the show such as the WILD card.
I would have rathered that they stuck with the original "GameKey" idea where you buy new cartridges instead of scrapping that idea and releasing a new console every so often.

clemon79

« Reply #334 on: April 13, 2008, 06:08:41 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'183933\' date=\'Apr 13 2008, 01:51 PM\']
I would have rathered that they stuck with the original "GameKey" idea where you buy new cartridges instead of scrapping that idea and releasing a new console every so often.
[/quote]
While I agree with you, it was a solution in search of a problem. Jakks Pacific's customer base is willing to purchase new consoles at full price, so why should they go to the bother of keeping the GameKey thing going?

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #335 on: April 13, 2008, 06:27:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'183932\' date=\'Apr 13 2008, 04:43 PM\']Here's a peek at the box art for the new Disney themed Wheel of Fortune game:[/quote]

Also note, like an earlier junior edition, all the amounts are even hundreds, so as to prevent any "icky" math with ends-in-50 amounts...or something. Are vowels worth a hundreds amount, too, I wonder?

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #336 on: April 13, 2008, 07:58:37 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'183938\' date=\'Apr 13 2008, 05:27 PM\']
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'183932\' date=\'Apr 13 2008, 04:43 PM\']Here's a peek at the box art for the new Disney themed Wheel of Fortune game:[/quote]

Also note, like an earlier junior edition, all the amounts are even hundreds, so as to prevent any "icky" math with ends-in-50 amounts...or something. Are vowels worth a hundreds amount, too, I wonder?

-Jason
[/quote]
They probably did. It also looks like they added trip spaces to the wheel as well.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 07:59:35 PM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Bob Zager

« Reply #337 on: April 20, 2008, 03:46:16 PM »
Pressman games' online store is taking pre-orders for their ESPN Jeopardy! game.  Here is a box illustration, showing the electronic lock-out device, which when set-up in that manner looks like a baseball diamond:

http://store.pressmantoy.com/ESPN-Jeopardy...e_p_0-1771.html

Also, at the same site where the Disney WOF game is shown, there's an illustration of the ESPN Jeopardy Attache:

http://www.mercyu-s-a.com/products.cfm?Act...Det&ID=1218

LA the DJ

« Reply #338 on: April 21, 2008, 05:25:50 AM »
While nothing official has been stated by Ludia yet (other than vague mentions about 'other gaming platforms'), I was looking around at the assets in Ludia's TPiR game and found a Nintendo logo and the Wii wrist strap warning that begins all current Wii games. I'd figured by the up/down arrow interface that this was being planned for one console or another, but this shows there are at least plans for a Wii version.

Should this come to fruition, it'll be the first ever appearance by TPiR on a console (after failed attempts by The Great Game Co. and GameTek). Should it not, it will be the third failed attempt.

I'm curious as to whether they'll flesh it out as a full release retail game, or leave it as a smaller WiiWare (or XBLA or PSN) downloadable game.

I just wish there was less Rich Fields. I'd gladly shell out Wii points for a Rod Roddy expansion pack. Or even Drew.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 06:29:58 AM by nWo_Whammy »
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

clemon79

« Reply #339 on: April 21, 2008, 11:35:03 AM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' post=\'184528\' date=\'Apr 21 2008, 02:25 AM\']
but this shows there are at least plans for a Wii version.[/quote]
I can't find the official announcement, but maybe Matt can tell us where he did, because on his site he says that 360, Wii, and DS versions have already been announced. (Or at least the intent to produce same.)
I'm curious as to whether they'll flesh it out as a full release retail game, or leave it as a smaller WiiWare (or XBLA or PSN) downloadable game.
My guess is WiiWare. My further guess is that Ludia hasn't announced anything concrete because WiiWare hasn't launched yet, and when it does an official release will come shortly thereafter.
I just wish there was less Rich Fields. I'd gladly shell out Wii points for a Rod Roddy expansion pack. Or even Drew.
Ludia has clearly done their market research.

/wow
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 11:35:55 AM by clemon79 »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #340 on: April 21, 2008, 12:19:34 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'184534\' date=\'Apr 21 2008, 11:35 AM\']I can't find the official announcement, but maybe Matt can tell us where he did, because on his site he says that 360, Wii, and DS versions have already been announced. (Or at least the intent to produce same.)[/quote]
There's a Ludia rep who's been keeping the boys at Golden Road salivating, and he's made several specific references to versions being adapted to other platforms.  He also said specifically that the Wii version would be a retail game, not 'WiiWare' (whatever that is).  I'm afraid I don't have anything more official than that.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Hastin

« Reply #341 on: April 21, 2008, 12:42:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'184539\' date=\'Apr 21 2008, 09:19 AM\']
not 'WiiWare' (whatever that is)
[/quote]

WiiWare is the Wii's downloadable channel service (ala Xbox Live Arcade  - which Ludia says TPiR is coming to as well, at 720p resolution).
-Hastin :)

clemon79

« Reply #342 on: April 21, 2008, 01:24:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'184541\' date=\'Apr 21 2008, 09:42 AM\']
(ala Xbox Live Arcade  - which Ludia says TPiR is coming to as well, at 720p resolution).[/quote]
When did they announce this?

Hastin

« Reply #343 on: April 21, 2008, 07:02:06 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'184543\' date=\'Apr 21 2008, 10:24 AM\']When did they announce this?
[/quote]

It's in the Golden-Road thread:

[quote name=\'JC_Ludia\']I don't have a definite date for the Xbox Live Arcade version, though I can confirm it will come out on XBLA
rather than retail. We also have a very nice project supervisor at Microsoft who is a huge fan of the show and worked on mobile versions of TPIR before he was at Microsoft so we're in good hands![/quote]
and
[quote name=\'JC_Ludia\']I'm not 100% certain about the features of the XBLA version - this is mainly due to size restrictions. I won't get too technical, but there's a size limit to XBLA games; with the amount of videos and speech we have we already pretty much fill the size restriction. We also need to support 720p, so that means higher resolution art and videos. XBLA is a big challenge and we haven't had the time to massively jump into it yet so I can't say for certain what will be included.[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 07:02:25 PM by Hastin »
-Hastin :)

LA the DJ

« Reply #344 on: April 21, 2008, 07:28:04 PM »
The Rod Roddy/Drew Carey DLC comment was merely a joke about the number of microtransactions available on the consoles these days (and the fact that Rich is annoying). Perhaps a downloadable ECM-51 for 100 points would have been a better joke. Though, I think I should get 20 acievement points for listening to him during the whole game.

So this will definitely be an unique release. Retail on the Wii, and downloadable on XBLA.

No mention of PS3/PSP/PSN in all of this yet, interestingly enough.

I still think there will need to be major additions before this game can survive as a retail game on any console.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 07:29:00 PM by nWo_Whammy »
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.