Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464254 times)

BillCullen1

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #570 on: September 11, 2008, 12:13:52 PM »
For those interested:

Amazon and Gamestop have the Ubisoft TPIR game listed as being released on 9/16 for under $20.

Has anyone heard anything on the Power of 10 hand held game? Are they going through with that?

dazztardly

« Reply #571 on: September 19, 2008, 10:04:55 AM »
http://www.irwintoy.com/ - click "products", "licensed games", you will find information on the Press Your Luck handheld including a pdf of the manual.

Bob Zager

« Reply #572 on: September 20, 2008, 12:39:41 PM »
[quote name=\'BillCullen1\' post=\'196900\' date=\'Sep 11 2008, 12:13 PM\']

Has anyone heard anything on the Power of 10 hand held game? Are they going through with that?
[/quote]

The only info I've heard is that iToys is licensed to produce such a game, and had one "in development," back in February, during the annual Toy Fair in N.Y.C.  Whether or not they will be releasing it is not confirmed, but since the show is not in production, I don't think it will.

Meanwhile, here's a link I found to a product not mentioned before--Bingo America DVD game:

https://www.boardgamesexpress.com/prodinfo.asp?number=6524

ADDED ON 9/23/08:  The same website is now also listing the LINGO DVD game, but no specific date of release!  Here's a link to it:

https://www.boardgamesexpress.com/prodinfo.asp?number=6425
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 08:37:16 PM by Bob Zager »

Bob Zager

« Reply #573 on: September 25, 2008, 03:56:33 PM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' post=\'197684\' date=\'Sep 19 2008, 10:04 AM\']
http://www.irwintoy.com/ - click "products", "licensed games", you will find information on the Press Your Luck handheld including a pdf of the manual.
[/quote]

The page has been updated, so now when you click "products," then click "television show games," & you'll see all the titles listed, plus a new one to the list from iToys--"Wheel of Fortune!"  As of now, when you click that, you just see the message, "coming soon!"

DontForget6000

« Reply #574 on: September 27, 2008, 04:38:57 AM »
If anyone is interested, you can find the rules for the IToys electronic handheld version of Password (or more accurately Million Dollar Password) here.  I was looking for them for a little while when I stumbled upon it (since the Password link in the "Television Shows" portion of the site was busted.

(I hope I am not doing this incorrectly...)

URL: http://www.irwintoy.com/pdfs/MDPW_HH_Rules_07-2008-BIL.pdf

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #575 on: September 30, 2008, 08:44:02 PM »
The new Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? game, subtitled Make the Grade!, is available for the PC.  I saw it at the local Micro Center for $20 this afternoon.  Please, no pushing or cutting ahead in the lines while waiting for it.

rwalker

« Reply #576 on: September 30, 2008, 10:35:48 PM »
http://www.itoys.ca/toys/FamilyFeud/

Without going through 83 pages of posts...how is this one? Any good, and I haven't found it anywhere.

tvwxman

« Reply #577 on: September 30, 2008, 10:44:35 PM »
[quote name=\'rwalker\' post=\'198572\' date=\'Sep 30 2008, 10:35 PM\']
http://www.itoys.ca/toys/FamilyFeud/

Without going through 83 pages of posts...how is this one? Any good, and I haven't found it anywhere.
[/quote]
I have it, thanks to my contacts through Itoys....but I've never opened it to see. I know that sounds wierd, but when you get hundreds of games sent to you every year, you don't play them all.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

ChuckNet

« Reply #578 on: September 30, 2008, 10:51:05 PM »

I'm sure those who signed that petition demanding Tiger Electronics release a PYL handheld some years back must be thrilled! LOL

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #579 on: October 07, 2008, 11:16:41 PM »
There's a new Family Feud mobile game out at glu.com, and it's actually very good. Instead of entering answers, you choose from a bank of answers, like the old electronic game, or the wedigtv.com Family Fortunes game.

The graphics are pretty good for a mobile game, and you can even create your own avatar. As long as you have Java, you can give the game a try at the site.

I can see me and my friends passing the phone around for a few games during a car ride. Definitely worth the $10 so I can have my Feud fix anywhere.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #580 on: October 08, 2008, 12:28:29 PM »
Wow... I found something odd. Here's a Family Feud audio CD for "hours of road trip fun!"

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Games-Go-Famil...473&sr=1-11
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

rwalker

« Reply #581 on: October 08, 2008, 03:58:34 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'199206\' date=\'Oct 7 2008, 11:16 PM\']
There's a new Family Feud mobile game out at glu.com, and it's actually very good. Instead of entering answers, you choose from a bank of answers, like the old electronic game, or the wedigtv.com Family Fortunes game.

The graphics are pretty good for a mobile game, and you can even create your own avatar. As long as you have Java, you can give the game a try at the site.

I can see me and my friends passing the phone around for a few games during a car ride. Definitely worth the $10 so I can have my Feud fix anywhere.
[/quote]

This isn't the first time a FF game was on a cell. A few years back, Mobliss had a decent one. The thing is, the rankings/ratings broke and they never fixed it. Also, my carrier ended up dropping it anyhow(Verizon). I forget how I deleted it(or maybe disabled to make room for another application or phone upgrade even), but when I went to re download it, they didn't have it listed. It was no longer carried by them, on any Verizon phone.

Anyhow, I'm dl'ing this one and I'll see how it is.

GSNFAN3000

« Reply #582 on: October 08, 2008, 06:07:20 PM »
And also glu released a mobile "Concentration" game with some of the looks based on 50's era but still had some elements of "Classic Concentration" (takes and bonus round). The game is also co-created by FreezeTag (the ones who did the PC Version awhile back!)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #583 on: October 08, 2008, 06:12:17 PM »
I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but Apple sells an Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? game on its App Store. Made by Capcom, priced at $7.99. It's compatible with iPhone and iPod touch (version 2.0+).

I downloaded it last weekend. It's not too bad; pretty barebones game. Not a lot of questions (I got a repeat after 5 playings). The game moves MUCH faster than the show, so you can see that a normal game of 5th Grader should take just a few minutes.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Bob Zager

« Reply #584 on: October 08, 2008, 06:52:35 PM »
I was browsing in area stores today, and found a few things worth noting:

Kohls department store in my area is starting to roll out it's yearly stock of full-size and travel-size games in tin boxes.  The only new one, so far this year, is Cardinal's "The Moment of Truth" card game.  This version DOES NOT include the "lie detector."

KB Toys had the 1 VS 100 electronic tabletop game, in TWO forms!  First was the original design, with a wireless remote for locking in answers, and the open-slot for expansion cartridges.  The other version, in a smaller sized box, had no wireless remote (the buttons were built-in to the stand-up console), and there was NO slot for expandability!  The price on each was the same--$29.99!

While in Barnes and Noble, I found ESPN Jeopardy!  in a smaller square-shaped box, and featured "100 additional answers and questions," which sounds to me like there is just ONE additional game included!)

Still no sign of the Million Dollar Password home game, which Endless Games' site still mentions as coming in September, which just passed.