Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464208 times)

tvwxman

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #765 on: February 16, 2009, 09:34:34 PM »
The answer is : Not much.

Imagination has a Lingo board game - which looks - okay - I mean, how hard is this to do without a game? Don't you just need pen, paper, and a dictionary of 5 letter words?

Saw the new tabletop Wheel of Fortune up close from Irwin - it's okay as well - Big Wheel you spin which does not have individual dollar amounts, it just activates the LED display which shows a graphic of the dollar amount you spun...they claim it plays like the game, with tossups, million wedge, etc, but who knows. Still, its a nice table prop.

Irwin Toy is still pushing the table top Family Feud and Price games - no sign of the Million Dollar Password tabletop game.

Speaking of MDP, Endless has a regular and a DVD version - but both are still being developed - meaning, just a box, nothing more.

Oh, and there's a home version of Hole in the Wall , which comes with 100 thick pieces of styrofoam that has figures cut out... you have a player stand in the middle of the room making body movements to fit, as another person in the room advances to the player, holding up the foam cutout.

Just kidding. No, there isn't. Sorry.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

chad1m

« Reply #766 on: February 16, 2009, 09:43:40 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'208314\' date=\'Feb 16 2009, 09:34 PM\']Big Wheel you spin which does not have individual dollar amounts, it just activates the LED display which shows a graphic of the dollar amount you spun[/quote]That's kind of suckish. I mean, I'd like to see some sort of physical representation of what's going on.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 09:44:07 PM by chad1m »

Sodboy13

« Reply #767 on: February 16, 2009, 10:05:25 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'208314\' date=\'Feb 16 2009, 08:34 PM\']
Imagination has a Lingo board game - which looks - okay - I mean, how hard is this to do without a game? Don't you just need pen, paper, and a dictionary of 5 letter words?
[/quote]

Are balls included?

/Have at it, gents...
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

tvwxman

« Reply #768 on: February 17, 2009, 09:21:03 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'208316\' date=\'Feb 16 2009, 09:43 PM\']
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'208314\' date=\'Feb 16 2009, 09:34 PM\']Big Wheel you spin which does not have individual dollar amounts, it just activates the LED display which shows a graphic of the dollar amount you spun[/quote]That's kind of suckish. I mean, I'd like to see some sort of physical representation of what's going on.
[/quote]
It kinda reminded me of the plugnplay version of the game - with a bigger wheel you physically spin - but you're right - it's there really for useless prop interaction - and more to make the 'tabletop' element of the game more impressive.

Then again, I give them credit for the whole thing - i mean, if you're going to recreate the game down to the changing elements between round (mystery wedge, wild card, etc), then how else could you do it?

I did forget to mention that i saw the new tabletop Deal game, complete with the bonus wheel. It's nifty, but again, pretty much just eye candy. Insert the ball just like on the PIR Plinko game, and watch it drop into a slot on the wheel. One add on to the game is the ability to play the game "million dollar mission' style, with up to 5-one million dollar slots. This has been added to the handheld version as well.

Regarding Lingo board game - I did not see balls.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Bob Zager

« Reply #769 on: February 17, 2009, 10:14:30 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'208314\' date=\'Feb 16 2009, 09:34 PM\']
Saw the new tabletop Wheel of Fortune up close from Irwin - it's okay as well - Big Wheel you spin which does not have individual dollar amounts, it just activates the LED display which shows a graphic of the dollar amount you spun...they claim it plays like the game, with tossups, million wedge, etc, but who knows. Still, its a nice table prop.

Speaking of MDP, Endless has a regular and a DVD version - but both are still being developed - meaning, just a box, nothing more.

Just kidding. No, there isn't. Sorry.
[/quote]

Here is a link to a full-page ad for the WOF game, (NOTE: GO TO PAGE 24 AFTER LINKING) in the Toy Fair Times:

http://www.toyassociation.org/AM/PDFs/ToyF...F09/TFTDay2.pdf

The large, spinning wheel actually reminds me of the "Junior," electronic version of WOF from Tiger Electronics, released back in the mid- to late-nineties!

The regualr box game version of MDP IS available in stores like Walmart, Borders Books, etc. right now.  Plus Target stores exclusively have a version with extra material included!

Regarding your later post about the new electronic DOND games from iToys, the handheld version will feature a stylus pen (unclear as to its exact purpose, since it looks like numbered buttons are used for choosing cases), and will simulate the Deal Wheel feature somewhere on the screen.

chad1m

« Reply #770 on: February 17, 2009, 10:20:23 AM »
Okay, so, if the big sucker on the outside is the one I get to spin, then I guess it won't be so bad. ;)

Hastin

« Reply #771 on: February 17, 2009, 11:23:26 AM »
But what's the point? Wheel looks tacky with just the $ all over the place.

What they should have done, is just put the values on the wheel, and then made it so it shows you on the LCD as well. In special rounds, the bonus prize is shown for that space instead of the default value.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:24:37 AM by Hastin »
-Hastin :)

pacdude

« Reply #772 on: February 17, 2009, 02:16:42 PM »
Honestly, the game looks fun. I'll buy it on clearance.

My problem: How hard is to get a better screen? I'm tired of these games looking like complete ass. How costly is it to get one of those monochrome screens with smaller pixels for a slightly higher resolution?

Bob Zager

« Reply #773 on: February 18, 2009, 01:04:14 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'208314\' date=\'Feb 16 2009, 09:34 PM\']

Imagination has a Lingo board game...
[/quote]

Did they also have a "card" game version of Lingo, which I'd seen in a video on IG's website sometime ago?

Also, any word from Endless Games about their travel-size "Quick Picks" of TPIR and Newlywed Game?

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #774 on: February 18, 2009, 06:53:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'208414\' date=\'Feb 18 2009, 12:04 PM\']
Also, any word from Endless Games about their travel-size "Quick Picks" of TPIR and Newlywed Game?
[/quote]
I'm not trying to rag on either, but in the end, both are essentially going to be question/prize booklets paired with a set of mini dry-erase boards with the show's logo on it. It's not like they can package any more in that size tin, anyway.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but I'm just saying.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

chad1m

« Reply #775 on: February 19, 2009, 10:08:05 PM »
A leak of the upcoming Million Dollar Password PC game is showing up on torrent sites and the like. I downloaded it, but since I'm fairly certain something is corrupt with the "hacked" version, it becomes inoperable after a certain period in the game.

RealArcade was scheduled to release the game publicly (and may have for a period of time, hence the leak) on February 5th, but on that day it was pushed back to the 18th. Now they say "that the release of Million Dollar Password has been delayed.  [They're] very excited about this game and want to make sure that everyone who buys it will be able to enjoy it as much as [they] do."

Anyway, from what I was able to play from the leak, it's pretty much true to the format of the show. Four rounds of up to five words each. Your faux celebrity partner gives you clues to the word. They're full-body animated, so they'll also use minute gestures to indicate what kind of clue they're giving (opposite, continuation, etc.) All of the music, sounds and cues. including VO from Regis taken from the actual show are included. The graphics aren't that bad looking, either.

Three unlockable minigames include a crossword and word search game using clues, Password-style and a word association game. Unfortunately, in this version, no sign of an ability to play Password with friends using the game's word bank. But, if you like to be the receiver when playing, you'll enjoy this game.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 10:09:34 PM by chad1m »

Bob Zager

« Reply #776 on: February 21, 2009, 12:04:31 PM »
Already the website boardgames4us.com is taking preorders for the Newlywed Game Deluxe.  Here's what they show for the box (at least a prototype box):

http://www.boardgames4us.com/product/ELG-0155

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #777 on: February 27, 2009, 06:23:23 PM »
Guys, I'm finally getting around to updating the Game Show Home Game Home Page and I'm trying to make sense of some of the stuff that's come out (and hasn't come out) in the last year.  Could someone answer these basic questions for me?

Are there actually two different versions of Cash Cab, one with Ben's picture on the cover and one without?  That doesn't make a lot of sense, but Amazon seems to be treating the two as separate.

Did iToys release handheld versions of Password AND Million Dollar Password or did those end up getting merged into one?  There is conflicting information on websites.

I'm sure I'll have more.  Meanwhile, check out what updates I have so far.  If you see anything missing in the shows that have already been updated, please let me know.  More page updates (Password, Feud, Fifth Grader and Moment of Truth for starters) are coming.  If I stay on a roll, I'm hoping to update some of the older listings with details, so if anybody's got an urge to see what's inside a particular classic game, let me know that too.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chad1m

« Reply #778 on: February 27, 2009, 06:54:18 PM »
One note in regards to a comment on the Lingo game page:
[quote name=\'GSHGHP\']We're amused that the person who designed the game board featured on the cover obviously had no idea whatsoever how the game was played.[/quote]The game design on the front is similar to how the game is played on the DVD. The rules show that while the Lingo game deals with identification of five letter words, play is different than the TV show. So while the DVD game is played differently, the box design reflects that.
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'209003\' date=\'Feb 27 2009, 06:23 PM\']Did iToys release handheld versions of Password AND Million Dollar Password or did those end up getting merged into one?
[/quote]If it helps, I have seen the MDP handheld firsthand in stores. I have not seen classic Password.

In regards to Press Your Luck, the box art on the Amazon page is the art the game was published with.

And if you weren't aware, Jeopardy! has been released as a downloadable game for purchase on the PlayStation Store for PlayStation3. You can play with home players or multiplayer online. (2008)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 07:04:15 PM by chad1m »

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #779 on: February 27, 2009, 07:02:26 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'209007\' date=\'Feb 27 2009, 06:54 PM\']If it helps, I have seen the MDP handheld firsthand in stores. I have not seen classic Password.[/quote]
I got classic Password for Christmas.  They are indeed 2 different looking games.  Whether they play the same or not, I cannot tell you.