Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464201 times)

Hastin

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #795 on: March 17, 2009, 05:02:10 PM »
Wheel of Fortune is coming to the PS3 on Playstation Network this Thursday: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/17/...work-this-week/

It's $14.99, and features all the goodies from this season. Graphics and contestants look exactly like the Jeopardy! release from a few months ago.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:02:33 PM by Hastin »
-Hastin :)

chad1m

« Reply #796 on: March 17, 2009, 07:24:28 PM »
I'll be on that like white on rice. And I will gladly take any competition. PSN name is chadmosher. :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:49:03 PM by chad1m »

Hastin

« Reply #797 on: March 17, 2009, 08:56:37 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'210590\' date=\'Mar 17 2009, 04:24 PM\']
I'll be on that like white on rice. And I will gladly take any competition. :)
[/quote]

You're on! Add me, my PSN name is (wait for it): Hastin

:)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 08:56:46 PM by Hastin »

ProdigiousForces

« Reply #798 on: March 19, 2009, 07:38:39 PM »
Add me as well oh look we have a three player game right here LOL

PS3 name GMONEYACROBIST00
Xbox Live GMONEYACROBIST

chad1m

« Reply #799 on: March 20, 2009, 05:14:22 PM »
This is pretty fun. The game features all proper rounds up to round four (no speed-up, just a final $5,000 round), the $1,000,000 wedge, the Wild Card and the Free Spin+$300 token. The only gripe I have is that the music used is the 2003 theme and even that wouldn't be so bad if it didn't loop a small portion over and over. Other redeeming features include online play and the "road trip" mode where you can play three games in a row, each game from a different location with a set true to the real show.

Graphics are awesome, play is awesome and just about everything is true to the show. They also advertise 9,000 puzzles so if you can't wait for the eventual price drop to $10, it's still worth your $15 now.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 05:16:07 PM by chad1m »

Hastin

« Reply #800 on: March 20, 2009, 05:26:14 PM »
It still feels lonely without Pat and Vanna. But if you do online play, and you've got people talking - they would only get in the way.

The way Wild Card works is annoying. It prompts you to use it after each turn. However, if you hold it to the Bonus Round, it DOES give you the 5th letter.

Quick tip: You can speed up the game (by cutting certain animations), by holding L2.

I'll be online at about 4:30 - if anyone wants to play, just start a game (I'll do either - I like the Road Trip mode), and invite me (Hastin).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 05:27:47 PM by Hastin »

chad1m

« Reply #801 on: March 20, 2009, 05:27:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Hastin\' post=\'210848\' date=\'Mar 20 2009, 05:26 PM\']The way Wild Card works is annoying. It prompts you to use it after each turn.[/quote]Good point. I think a Square command would've worked just as well.

Hastin

« Reply #802 on: March 20, 2009, 10:02:52 PM »
That was fast! I've allready won a Million Dollars!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/Hastin/IMG_0029.jpg

:)

//Boy my Cell Camera sucks!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 10:03:24 PM by Hastin »

chad1m

« Reply #803 on: March 20, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »
I'm not going to click it. ;) Both of the times I've managed to pick up the wedge, it was followed by a Bankrupt the next spin. Also, outside of my one $100,000 win, I've spun $25,000 each bonus round. Hm..

chad1m

« Reply #804 on: March 26, 2009, 05:58:05 PM »
The Million Dollar Password PC game is now available for free trial and eventual purchase here.  Taken from my earlier review of the "leak", here is some information on the game:

It's pretty much true to the format of the show. Four rounds of up to five words each. Your faux celebrity partner gives you clues to the word. They're full-body animated, so they'll also use minute gestures to indicate what kind of clue they're giving (opposite, continuation, etc.) All of the music, sounds and cues, including VO from Regis taken from the actual show are included. The graphics aren't that bad looking, either.

Three unlockable minigames include a crossword and word search game using clues, Password-style and a word association game. Unfortunately, in this version, no ability to play Password with friends using the game's word bank. But you can have a two-player game where you and a friend are receivers to your respective celebrities.

If you like to be the receiver when playing, you'll enjoy this game.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 01:04:05 AM by chad1m »

BillCullen1

« Reply #805 on: March 26, 2009, 07:30:10 PM »
So they're going through with the PC version of MDP. I figured they wouldn't since CBS canned it. I remember Chuck Woolery plugging the computer version of Greed, which never was released when FOX pulled the plug on it.

alfonzos

« Reply #806 on: March 27, 2009, 05:36:07 PM »
Just noticed something: The host on the box is rarely credited anymore. I found Donny's name on Pyramid but no credits on MGC, The Singing Bee, or AYSTa5G.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #807 on: March 27, 2009, 06:23:18 PM »
[quote name=\'alfonzos\' post=\'211353\' date=\'Mar 27 2009, 05:36 PM\']
Just noticed something: The host on the box is rarely credited anymore. I found Donny's name on Pyramid but no credits on MGC, The Singing Bee, or AYSTa5G.[/quote]
You're absolutely right.  Add to those Million Dollar Password, Don't Forget the Lyrics, The Moment of Truth, Identity and at least a few different versions of Deal or No Deal.  And a quick spot check of some slightly less recent games shows folks like Anne Robinson and Louie Anderson going unidentified.

As I say on my website, the most interesting one to me is Merv Griffin's Crosswords, for a couple of reasons.  One is that it's not even identified as being based on a TV show. It's called "The Social Wordplay Game," and there's only the slightest reference to the TV show on the underside.  Secondly, while it's probably safe to say most people would recognize a Regis, a Howie, a Foxworthy or even a Wayne Brady, having a picture of Ty Treadway on your box game is probably not a huge selling point.  Some board game collector in the distant future will look at that box and assume the person on the cover must be Merv Griffin!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

kenbob_clarker

« Reply #808 on: March 30, 2009, 12:54:39 AM »
My wife dragged me into Dollar Tree today, and to my surprise I found an apparently new 5th Grader card game.  Haven't opened the box yet, but by the looks of it, it's a downsized version of the Disney edition.
John 3:16.  The best news you'll ever read.

bwood

« Reply #809 on: March 30, 2009, 11:59:55 PM »
I stopped at a Kroger store near Columbus, OH today on my way home from a road trip for a snack and a Coca-Cola from Mexico (gotta love glass bottles and real sugar soda), and they had so many different home games I was shocked.
This was just a plain ol' Kroger, but they had at least a 40 foot section of board games. I've never seen anything like this before. Right off the top of my head I can remember: Deluxe and Disney Deluxe WoF board game; Cash Cab DVD game; DoND HH, Board and tabletop game; PYL HH, AyStaFG Board, card and DVD game; Password and MDP HH game; Dont Forget Lyrics; MG Crosswords. There were more I was just shocked to see them at a Kroger. So, if you're looking for one of the "newer" home game releases out and have a Kroger nearby with a toy section they might be worth checking out. The prices on them were a little high though I thought.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 12:01:47 AM by bwood »