Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464178 times)

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #870 on: June 18, 2009, 01:41:38 PM »
Regarding PYL2010 and TPiR2010: Is the target date still this fall?

\I still want to see how the bear kicking karate whammy is going to turn out.

bwood

« Reply #871 on: June 18, 2009, 02:18:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' post=\'218347\' date=\'Jun 18 2009, 01:41 PM\']Regarding PYL2010 and TPiR2010: Is the target date still this fall?

\I still want to see how the bear kicking karate whammy is going to turn out.[/quote]

Last I heard they were still looking at September.

chad1m

« Reply #872 on: June 20, 2009, 01:06:25 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'211269\' date=\'Mar 26 2009, 05:58 PM\']The Million Dollar Password PC game is now available for free trial and eventual purchase here.  Taken from my earlier review of the "leak", here is some information on the game:

It's pretty much true to the format of the show. Four rounds of up to five words each. Your faux celebrity partner gives you clues to the word. They're full-body animated, so they'll also use minute gestures to indicate what kind of clue they're giving (opposite, continuation, etc.) All of the music, sounds and cues, including VO from Regis taken from the actual show are included. The graphics aren't that bad looking, either.

Three unlockable minigames include a crossword and word search game using clues, Password-style and a word association game. Unfortunately, in this version, no ability to play Password with friends using the game's word bank. But you can have a two-player game where you and a friend are receivers to your respective celebrities.

If you like to be the receiver when playing, you'll enjoy this game.[/quote]Like they've done with Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!, Encore will be publishing the MDP game to CD-ROM, available for purchase next month.

BillCullen1

« Reply #873 on: June 25, 2009, 12:58:59 PM »
Encore did a fantastic job with WOF and Jeopardy. I'll be sure to pick up the PC version of MDP when it's out.

Hastin

« Reply #874 on: June 26, 2009, 12:51:04 AM »
It isn't new, but I just picked up a new in box Classroom/Host your Own Jeopardy! on eBay for $50! :)

What a find!
-Hastin :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #875 on: June 26, 2009, 01:05:49 AM »
[quote name=\'BillCullen1\' post=\'218966\' date=\'Jun 25 2009, 09:58 AM\']Encore did a fantastic job with WOF and Jeopardy. I'll be sure to pick up the PC version of MDP when it's out.[/quote]
Encore had not one thing to do with the development of either of those two games. Unless you mean "did a fantastic job designing a package and duplicating an assload of CDs."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jukeboxhero

« Reply #876 on: June 29, 2009, 11:19:44 AM »
Just FYI. I spotted the TPIR Plug 'n Play at Target today. They only had one, for $20., and was ringing up as "Wheel of Fortune" so might be boxed with them. Box touted "20+ Pricing Games" and the wheel was stationary. Also if you're looking for it, it's packaged in one of the company's new smaller white cardboard boxes and has a picture of Drew on the front.

Hastin

« Reply #877 on: June 30, 2009, 04:25:38 PM »
Found the TPiR PnP on the Target Mobile site under a search for "Price is Right", even though it shows up as "Wheel of Fortune". Here's the DCPI for some InStore stock check: 087-02-0963.
-Hastin :)

dazztardly

« Reply #878 on: June 30, 2009, 09:24:09 PM »
I just purchased The Price is Right plug n play. Here is the list of games available for play...

Any Number
Cliff Hangers
Dice Game
Double Prices
Flip Flop
Grand Game
Grocery Game
Hole in One
Hi-Lo
Lucky Seven
Money Game
One Away
Punch-A-Bunch
Pick-A-Pair
Plinko
Range Game
3 Strikes

In addition, there are three secret bonus versions of Plinko, Hole in One, and Punch-A-Bunch that can be unlocked.

It's surprisingly a good product. The music is from the show, although synthesized. The SFX are there. The fonts are authentic to the show for the most part. The only gripe is there's alot of narration you have to click through. Overall, it's one of Jakks better games.

-Dan

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #879 on: June 30, 2009, 11:07:05 PM »
Chances are that WoF and TPIR and maybe some other games have the same DPCI but the label has Wheel as the first game listed.

As someone who's had this scenario working at Target, it can be a pain, but you move on.
This signature is currently under construction.

dazztardly

« Reply #880 on: June 30, 2009, 11:36:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'219280\' date=\'Jun 30 2009, 10:07 PM\']Chances are that WoF and TPIR and maybe some other games have the same DPCI but the label has Wheel as the first game listed.

As someone who's had this scenario working at Target, it can be a pain, but you move on.[/quote]

Yep, I've had that same headache to. Worked for a distribution center for 6 1/2 years.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #881 on: July 05, 2009, 07:34:44 PM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' post=\'219274\' date=\'Jun 30 2009, 08:24 PM\']It's surprisingly a good product. The music is from the show, although synthesized. The SFX are there. The fonts are authentic to the show for the most part. The only gripe is there's alot of narration you have to click through. Overall, it's one of Jakks better games.

-Dan[/quote]
Seconded. The wheel in the middle of the unit is actually a giant button, not a spinnable part, just in case anyone wanted to know. There are no brand names, just made up ones (like the 1990 computer game), so there may be a few times where you're just blindly guessing at prices. Once I played Money Game, and 7 of the numbers on the board were in the 40s, but of course, that goes under a different category of problem.

The visuals are nice, and I'm glad they synthesized real cues from the show, rather than use generic cues that sound like elevator music. Another nice thing is that you can play with up to 9 contestants, and once all human players are knocked out, they just end the game right there, and post the money leaderboard for that game (including computer players). You even get a full intro out of it!

This game is definitely an unexpected surprise. It's something you can break out with friends or by yourself, and it's probably one of the only plug and play games I'd pay full price for.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #882 on: July 05, 2009, 08:23:40 PM »
Where are you guys finding the TPiR Jakks game?  I went to 2 Targets and a Wal-Mart while out and about and didn't find it.

I did see that Target put the Million Dollar Password box game, and both the MDP and Press Your Luck handheld games on clearance--$12 and change for the MDP box game, a hair under $7 for the handhelds.

nate80s

« Reply #883 on: July 05, 2009, 09:04:06 PM »
According to ign.com, the release date for Press Your Luck 2010 for the Wii was pushed back to Halloween.  I wonder if this was due to the changing of the spaces from the game board.  But, the font on the money spaces I noticed were incorrect too (as many of you know).  I hope that the proper font was used in the game's alteration.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #884 on: July 05, 2009, 10:43:15 PM »
Honestly, the accuracy to the old game boards wasn't as big an issue for me compared to how bland the squares looked.  It also seemed weird that the directional spaces didn't have arrows, which I would think be slightly disorienting for people who don't remember that "advancement" was clockwise.....which would be most of them.
This signature is currently under construction.