Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464155 times)

Matt Ottinger

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #930 on: August 12, 2009, 07:58:26 PM »
[quote name=\'nate80s\' post=\'222826\' date=\'Aug 12 2009, 07:43 PM\']The box art for Press Your Luck has finally been released.[/quote]
Over 2500 Questions!!!!!

Yeah, because when I'm considering a Press Your Luck home game, the first thing I think about is how many questions it'll have.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #931 on: August 12, 2009, 08:16:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'222828\' date=\'Aug 12 2009, 04:58 PM\']Over 2500 Questions!!!!!

Yeah, because when I'm considering a Press Your Luck home game, the first thing I think about is how many questions it'll have.[/quote]
You have to give them credit, though. Generally, with a party game like this, the goal is to give the players about thirty games worth of content. PYL uses precisely eight questions per game, so this should be good for over 300 plays. That's really not bad at all, assuming the rest of the presentation is passable. I admit I'm a little interested in the DS game.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Hastin

« Reply #932 on: August 13, 2009, 10:56:15 AM »
Just FYI: The iPhone version of Millionaire just added an extra 100 questions. Free update if you already own.
-Hastin :)

BillCullen1

« Reply #933 on: August 14, 2009, 01:31:43 PM »
In the "old news" dept., I picked a new copy of Merv Griffin's Crosswords on amazon.com for 74 cents, plus S&H. Bought it this morning, got a notice two hours later saying it's being shipped.

Plus, I made it to the $100k level of the MDP PC game.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #934 on: August 21, 2009, 11:34:24 AM »
Sony recently announced that the PSP, come October, will debut PSP Minis, which will be small, App Store/ XBLA type games for the system. No word on if they work on PS3 or not, but I'm guessing we could possibly see portable versions of Wheel and J! for the PSP when the next game cycle comes around.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Bob Zager

« Reply #935 on: August 21, 2009, 04:56:10 PM »
Click the following link, and see what is at least a prototype box design for Imagination Games' new LINGO board game!  The contents are pictured, also:

http://www.amazon.com/Imagination-1948-Lin...7555&sr=1-4

pacdude

« Reply #936 on: August 21, 2009, 08:19:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'223672\' date=\'Aug 21 2009, 04:56 PM\']Click the following link, and see what is at least a prototype box design for Imagination Games' new LINGO board game!  The contents are pictured, also:

http://www.amazon.com/Imagination-1948-Lin...7555&sr=1-4[/quote]

Unless I see 100 blue balls, I don't care.

/who'd want to see 50 desperate guys play lingo?
//wait, i think that's the game show congress
///kidding
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:19:38 PM by pacdude »

chad1m

« Reply #937 on: August 22, 2009, 02:29:33 AM »
Per user Blissey at Golden-Road and my own digging, we've got some new info plus screenshots for the triple threat of Ludia games for Wii, DS and PC coming up. The promotional descriptions for each game are out:

THE PRICE IS RIGHT 2010 EDITION: Release Date Sept. 22, 2009
Experience all of the classic moments from the show with up 4 people. You will hear your name called as you’re announced to “Come on Down!” to Contestant’s Row. Play all of the favorite pricing games, including Plinko, Cliff Hangers and now Golden Road and Safe Crackers. Spin the Wheel for the chance to win the big prizes in the Showcase Showdown!

Key Features:
    * 30 Pricing Games (14 New Games) – Includes all of the favorites from the original and includes 14 new ones including Golden Road, Dice Game, and Safe Crackers.
    * Custom Avatars - Design your avatar from head to toe, including body, facial features, hair and clothes.
    * Unlockable Prizes – Earn achievements to unlock new customization options for your avatar (hair, clothes, accessories).
    * Improved Graphics – Improved 3D models, enhanced interactivity, and upgraded set/game design to match the modern show.
    * Game Modes - Two single-player modes: 3 Strikes and Classic.

Amazon.com has some screen shots and the cover art for Price on the Wii and the DS

FAMILY FEUD 2010 EDITION: Release Date Sept. 29, 2009
Hosted by John O’Hurley (J. Peterman from Seinfeld), the Emmy award-winning show continues to be one of the top-rated game shows on the air today.

Key Features:
    * Custom Avatars - Design your avatar from head to toe, including body, facial features, hair and clothes.
    * Text Entry Assistance with spell check, predictive text, and concept grouping so that you'll get the answer right even if it's not exact!
    * Premium graphics - 3D models, enhanced interactivity, and detailed set and game design to match the modern look and feel of the show.

PRESS YOUR LUCK 2010 EDITION: Release Date Oct 27, 2009
Big Bucks, No Whammys! The cult classic game show makes its video game debut on the Wii, DS, and PC/Mac. Contestants collect "spins" by answering trivia questions, and then use their "spins" on an 18-space game board full of cash and prizes. The person who amasses the most in cash and prizes at the end of the game wins. Watch out for those famous Whammies along the way, they will steal all of your cash and prizes.

* The Retro Classic Game Show Debuts on Wii and DS – All of the favorite moments of the show are in the game.
    * Unlock Achievements – Use your winnings for customized items for your avatar. Achievements are also connected to Price is Right and Family Feud.
    * Premium Graphics – 3D models, enhanced interactivity, and detailed set and game design to match the modern look and feel of the show.
    * 3000 Trivia Questions + 50 Whammy Animations = Fun For All – This proven game formula is easy to pick up and play and fun for the whole family.

Amazon has art and screens for PYL on the Wii, the DS and on the PC. Be forewarned that the PYL screens feature "improper" board patterns, but hopefully they won't be present in the released game per what a representative of Ludia said.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 02:30:09 AM by chad1m »

clemon79

« Reply #938 on: August 22, 2009, 04:01:02 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'223736\' date=\'Aug 21 2009, 11:29 PM\']THE PRICE IS RIGHT 2010 EDITION: Release Date Sept. 22, 2009
    * Custom Avatars - Design your avatar from head to toe, including body, facial features, hair and clothes.[/quote]
Any publisher producing software for the Wii who does something like this instead of taking advantage of the Mii system ALREADY BUILT INTO THE PLATFORM just isn't that concerned about producing a quality product. Period. VERY FIRST red flag for Wii titles.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 04:01:24 AM by clemon79 »

pacdude

« Reply #939 on: August 22, 2009, 04:07:17 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'223737\' date=\'Aug 22 2009, 04:01 AM\'][quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'223736\' date=\'Aug 21 2009, 11:29 PM\']THE PRICE IS RIGHT 2010 EDITION: Release Date Sept. 22, 2009
    * Custom Avatars - Design your avatar from head to toe, including body, facial features, hair and clothes.[/quote]
Any publisher producing software for the Wii who does something like this instead of taking advantage of the Mii system ALREADY BUILT INTO THE PLATFORM just isn't that concerned about producing a quality product. Period. VERY FIRST red flag for Wii titles.
[/quote]

Wasn't their excuse something to the extent of, "Well, we're porting the crap out of this, so it saves us money to just have the same crap across the board in terms of avatars?" As lame as it is, I suppose it makes sense. I don't know how much effort is extra in developing a Mii system, but it's gotta be enough for a small company to say, "we're not going to do this extra bit."

chad1m

« Reply #940 on: August 22, 2009, 04:10:53 AM »
JC from Ludia said:

[quote name=\'JC_Ludia\' date=\' June 9 2009 at Golden-Road.net\']As for the Miis...the game is not exclusive to the Wii, so we developed an avatar system to match all of our releases. The thing to note with Miis as well is that they really don't match the visual style of the game, are not as expressive and are limited in what they can accomplish, whereas our avatars are full-body avatars with limbs that are fully animated. I personally very much prefer our avatar system than the Miis.[/quote]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 04:11:30 AM by chad1m »

clemon79

« Reply #941 on: August 22, 2009, 04:23:28 AM »
[quote name=\'pacdude\' post=\'223738\' date=\'Aug 22 2009, 01:07 AM\']Wasn't their excuse something to the extent of, "Well, we're porting the crap out of this, so it saves us money to just have the same crap across the board in terms of avatars?" As lame as it is, I suppose it makes sense.[/quote]
Financially, it does. Financially it also makes sense to outsource your coding to Eastern Europe, too, despite the completely crap results that come out of it. It's still a shiatty excuse and tells me they're not interested in making a quality product.

(That said, Nintendo's third-party dev support has always been the laughingstock of the video game industry, so if Ludia can't figure out how the Mii API works, they're likely not going to get a lot of help where they should, either. Nintendo isn't completely blameless in this.)
[quote name=\'JC_Ludia\' date=\' June 9 2009 at Golden-Road.net\']As for the Miis...the game is not exclusive to the Wii, so we developed an avatar system to match all of our releases. The thing to note with Miis as well is that they really don't match the visual style of the game, are not as expressive and are limited in what they can accomplish, whereas our avatars are full-body avatars with limbs that are fully animated. I personally very much prefer our avatar system than the Miis.[/quote]
Nice spin. Other crapware shovelers have tried the same spin, and nobody bought it there either.

That said, the guy knows his audience. Price fanb0is and Tomarkenites would buy these things if the characters were stick figures, so why spend dev cycles making them, you know, good?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 04:24:05 AM by clemon79 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #942 on: August 22, 2009, 07:31:32 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'223736\' date=\'Aug 22 2009, 01:29 AM\']Amazon.com has some screen shots and the cover art for Price on the Wii and the DS[/quote]Still haven't figured out that "$0400" looks lame as hell, have they?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Sodboy13

« Reply #943 on: August 22, 2009, 11:58:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'223672\' date=\'Aug 21 2009, 03:56 PM\']Click the following link, and see what is at least a prototype box design for Imagination Games' new LINGO board game!  The contents are pictured, also:

http://www.amazon.com/Imagination-1948-Lin...7555&sr=1-4[/quote]

Reading the rules on that preview image, it appears the gameplay is based on the DVD game.  Which means that it pretty much has nothing to do with the actual show, and has no chance of separating me from my money.  The bingo element is completely absent.  I understand that this is a rather difficult game to translate to a home version, but there have been bingo home games for 70+ years.  Print off a few Lingo cards with 10 spots already marked off, include a die-cut piece of cardboard with number, stopper, and question mark circles, and there you go.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #944 on: August 22, 2009, 05:28:01 PM »
There are screens for Family Feud 2010, as well:

DS: http://www.amazon.com/Family-Feud-2010-Nin...6001&sr=1-5

Wii: http://www.amazon.com/Family-Feud-2010-Nin...6001&sr=1-2

All three games look pretty good. Can't wait until the demos come out.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.