Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 464151 times)

dazztardly

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #945 on: August 22, 2009, 11:18:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'223754\' date=\'Aug 22 2009, 10:58 AM\'][quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'223672\' date=\'Aug 21 2009, 03:56 PM\']Click the following link, and see what is at least a prototype box design for Imagination Games' new LINGO board game!  The contents are pictured, also:

http://www.amazon.com/Imagination-1948-Lin...7555&sr=1-4[/quote]

Reading the rules on that preview image, it appears the gameplay is based on the DVD game.  Which means that it pretty much has nothing to do with the actual show, and has no chance of separating me from my money.  The bingo element is completely absent.  I understand that this is a rather difficult game to translate to a home version, but there have been bingo home games for 70+ years.  Print off a few Lingo cards with 10 spots already marked off, include a die-cut piece of cardboard with number, stopper, and question mark circles, and there you go.
[/quote]

That's a way to approach it. It drives me nuts when a home game, doesn't include all the format elements from the actual show. (i.e. Lingo without the bingo.)

-Dan

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #946 on: August 23, 2009, 01:44:17 AM »
PRESS YOUR LUCK 2010 EDITION: Release Date Oct 27, 2009

This makes for an awesome 24th birthday present...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 01:44:39 AM by Strikerz04 »

TonicBH

« Reply #947 on: August 24, 2009, 02:52:45 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'223737\' date=\'Aug 22 2009, 01:01 AM\']Any publisher producing software for the Wii who does something like this instead of taking advantage of the Mii system ALREADY BUILT INTO THE PLATFORM just isn't that concerned about producing a quality product. Period. VERY FIRST red flag for Wii titles.[/quote]

Pretty much this. The excuse of "we're porting the crap out of this" doesn't work, especially when there are third party publishers like Activision allowing Miis (and now 360 Avatars) into freakin' Guitar Hero. It's just a poor excuse.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #948 on: September 13, 2009, 11:08:40 PM »
In addition to the trio of Ubisoft titles to be released over the next 6 weeks, a third edition of 5th Grader will be hitting stores in October.  Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?:  Game Time will be released for the Wii, 360, and DS the last week of October, the same time as PYL's release.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #949 on: September 14, 2009, 10:01:06 AM »
No bingo in Lingo, eh? I agree...that's not right. Then all you have is a new version of Jotto. I did pretty much what you said, Sodboy, with my home version. Dry-erase board, two pre-set bingo cards, numbered & question-marked chips. Not a problem at all. Why not just put together a rule sheet with two ways to play - like tv or a just-solve-the-word game?

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #950 on: September 16, 2009, 05:24:20 PM »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #951 on: September 16, 2009, 05:28:47 PM »
I have to admit: PYL looks cute enough that I'd probably get it just for the novelty. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Marc412

« Reply #952 on: September 16, 2009, 07:59:45 PM »
I looked at the trailer for the Feud game, and I have a couple comments:
1) I only saw 4 players on each side, not the usual five.
2) I didn't see the Bullseye round being played--will it be included?

gaubster2

« Reply #953 on: September 17, 2009, 12:28:05 AM »
How many people are going to be disappointed that the PYL board isn't faithful to the original show (at least based upon the trailer)?

chad1m

« Reply #954 on: September 17, 2009, 12:39:35 AM »
[quote name=\'gaubster2\' post=\'226232\' date=\'Sep 17 2009, 12:28 AM\']How many people are going to be disappointed that the PYL board isn't faithful to the original show (at least based upon the trailer)?[/quote]No one, hopefully.
[quote name=\'JC_Ludia at Golden-Road.net\' date=\'Sep 09 2009, 05:06 PM\']The one thing I really want to point out (since I know it's been an issue here!) is that the boards you see in the PYL version of the website DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT match what's in game.

I assure you guys that I hand-made the boards used in-game, which are all based on a LOT of the original boards. I also hope nobody says we don't care about our fans and the fans of the games in general - I can most certainly say we always take your opinions into consideration whenever we do our work. I personally care very much about what you guys like and dislike about the games. The PYL boards is one clear indication that I will take extra steps to ensure you guys like what we do.[/quote]

mxc0427

« Reply #955 on: September 17, 2009, 09:32:18 AM »
[quote name=\'JC_Ludia at Golden-Road.net\' date=\'Sep 09 2009, 05:06 PM\']The one thing I really want to point out (since I know it's been an issue here!) is that the boards you see in the PYL version of the website DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT match what's in game.

I assure you guys that I hand-made the boards used in-game, which are all based on a LOT of the original boards. I also hope nobody says we don't care about our fans and the fans of the games in general - I can most certainly say we always take your opinions into consideration whenever we do our work. I personally care very much about what you guys like and dislike about the games. The PYL boards is one clear indication that I will take extra steps to ensure you guys like what we do.[/quote]

If this doesn't shut people up about complaining about the boards, I don't know what will!

Regardless of others say about the board, I am stoked just to play it!

weaklink75

« Reply #956 on: September 17, 2009, 10:14:37 AM »
I love the fact in the trailer, the kid Whammies with Whammy Santa have a "¢" shield where the adult whammies have the "$" shield....
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 10:15:02 AM by weaklink75 »

chad1m

« Reply #957 on: October 02, 2009, 08:42:47 PM »
Here are some notes and observations about (the PC/Wii version of) Ludia/Ubisoft's newest release, Family Feud 2010!

- The music used in the menu is the Combs music. Most music in-game is from the Karn era.
- The game is faithful to the pre-Bullseye format, down to round five (and beyond, if necessary) being sudden death. If both families can't provide a correct face-off answer, the question is thrown out.
- During the Fast Money round (in which you're given 90 seconds, a bit too high in my opinion) the point values of the answers you gave will be revealed even if you reach 200. Unless you gave it, the #1 answers are not revealed.
- The set is pretty well designed - everything is very pretty and accurate.
- A nice touch is that your character actually smacks their plunger when you press the corresponding button, even if you're a little too late.
- When it comes down to your family, the captain is your created avatar; the other three members are randomly assigned.
- The recognition system is usually really good... almost too good. (Example: In one question, I typed in "rock"... it gave me "Accident" on the board which, I assume is because it's a synonym for "wreck" which kinda sounds like "rock." ) On a related note, it did not give me "yard stick" when I typed "yardstick."
- If you provide an answer already on the board, it doesn't notify you... it just gives you a strike.
- Single player mode's goal is to win twelve episodes, each against a family with a small backstory. Solid mode, nothing too fancy. Each episode you successfully complete earns you extra pieces for the avatar.

All in all, a pretty nice effort by Ludia. I would say it's just about worth the twenty dollars. When compared vs. the iWin version, each has its pros and cons so it probably differs by each person and what he/she is looking for on whether or not you want that or this. There's definitely some things that could be improved upon but it's probably the best in-store platform release of Family Feud to date.

P.S. As evidenced by this photo, the computerized families on the game are pretty hip to the current slang. ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 09:01:21 PM by chad1m »

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #958 on: October 02, 2009, 08:57:44 PM »
The Wii version differs a bit from Chad's PC review...

*  The game autocompletes answers, offering up to 4 possible answers.
*  Fast Money is 90 seconds.

All in all, a pretty nice effort by Ludia. I would say it's just about worth the twenty dollars.
Through Saturday, Toys R Us has a Buy 1 Get One Half Off offer on select video games, including both the Wii and DS versions of TPiR 2010 and Feud 2010.  Thus, you can get the Feud 2010 Wii game for $20 if you don't mind spending $40 on TPiR.  I'm not a big Feud fan.  It's worth $20-30 for the Wii.  I wouldn't pay $40 for it.

If you're interested in the avatar upgrade offered on the Ubisoft site, the password is PRIZES.  There.  I saved you 3000 rewards points.  Thank me later.

chad1m

« Reply #959 on: October 02, 2009, 09:00:54 PM »
You're right about 90 seconds on PC, too. Must've had something else on my mind. :)