Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 463962 times)

Matt Ottinger

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1605 on: March 08, 2011, 06:23:45 PM »
Found a copy of Endless Games' Card Sharks at a thrift store for $4 yesterday. Very pretty game!
Just dug out my copy a few years back. I was impressed at the time that Endless did a new game, rather than a redo like the first PiR or both Pyramids.
Well, they didn't have a choice.  Card Sharks hadn't had a previous board game release.  If they could have cut the corners, I'm sure they would have. :)
I got the impression Jeremy's incredulity was that Endless chose to go with something that didn't have a previous box game incarnation.  They certainly had a choice in that regard.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

bwood

« Reply #1606 on: March 08, 2011, 06:49:19 PM »

BTW, the same publication I found out about the Spin Master game, mentioned about Sportcraft marketing a "Minute to Win It Ultimate Party Pack," a blue colored tote, containing stunts and props to play at home.  The article said it is available now at Walmart, but I haven't seen it.  Has anyone seen it?...Anyone? Anyone?

I saw it at my local Wal-Mart....in the Clearance aisle already. They only had 2. It was around $12. I never got a good look at it but it's about the size of ice cream you would buy in a bucket (or a little smaller). Looks like something Legos would come in. Also spotted the "board game" at K-Mart.

Hastin

« Reply #1607 on: March 09, 2011, 03:53:01 AM »
Actually, you can Assign Daily Doubles in the new Classroom Jeopardy!, from the rule book:

The Host can assign the Daily Double to the currently picked clue by pressing and
holding INCORRECT before pressing the SElECT button.

So it's random unless you decide.
-Hastin :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1608 on: March 09, 2011, 11:13:41 AM »
So it's random unless you decide.
That's not an *awful* solution. What if the random one triggers before you can do that, though? (Or is there an option to turn them off altogether and then you just fire them manually?)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #1609 on: March 09, 2011, 12:03:57 PM »
Actually, you can Assign Daily Doubles in the new Classroom Jeopardy!, from the rule book:

I had mentioned that in my original post. The "clumsy workaround" could be agreeing to ignore a random DD you don't like, and only acknowledging the one(s) you trigger. But then, if you can't trigger more than the proper number in a round, do you awkwardly play the clue you want as a Daily Double, and use the adjust scores function to do the wagering? And since it randomly assigned the clue you didn't want as a Daily Double, do you do a similar workaround to play it as a normal clue, or do you just throw it out? The program should be allowing you to assign them yourself, with the random element coming in if the creator doesn't pick one (or two) themselves. I love everything else about Classroom Jeopardy. I'm not going to compromise with a $500 price tag.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

chad1m

« Reply #1610 on: March 09, 2011, 12:07:04 PM »
Apparently, the Pyramid Wii game by Ludia was released yesterday. I haven't seen any video reviews or gameplay footage that usually pop up following these releases.

RyanCDN

« Reply #1611 on: March 09, 2011, 01:31:09 PM »
Apparently, the Pyramid Wii game by Ludia was released yesterday. I haven't seen any video reviews or gameplay footage that usually pop up following these releases.

I can't wait to hear a review that reinforces why I don't go out and spend $30 on it.  Don't you just love the screenshots?  It is amamzing how they mixed together the two format in the appearance.  Could they not have picked a colour scheme and gone with it?  This is one of my annoyances with Ludia.

Perhaps someone will prove me wrong with a review, but given the past track record, it is difficult to be excited about this.

-Ryan
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”

clemon79

« Reply #1612 on: March 09, 2011, 02:15:51 PM »
I can't wait to hear a review that reinforces why I don't go out and spend $30 on it.
The Donnymid writing is all I need to see.

/really, the Ludia name was a big-assed hint
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:16:17 PM by clemon79 »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1613 on: March 09, 2011, 02:29:51 PM »
I am clearly way outside the demographic for these videogame adaptations, but it strikes me that a subroutine which lets you manage your player's wardrobe, with at least a dozen shoe choices, is a lot of wasted effort that could have gone toward game play.

Of course, what I'd really like out of a Pyramid adaptation is a version where the computer simply supplies the material for a game played and run by human-type people.

/"In cartoons, why is the octopus always the best drummer?"  OK, I actually liked that.

clemon79

« Reply #1614 on: March 09, 2011, 02:40:30 PM »
I am clearly way outside the demographic for these videogame adaptations, but it strikes me that a subroutine which lets you manage your player's wardrobe, with at least a dozen shoe choices, is a lot of wasted effort that could have gone toward game play.
Especially when one is already built into the platform.

/did I say that out loud?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1615 on: March 09, 2011, 02:45:19 PM »
Chad provided a link to the page on Amazon selling this fine piece of work.  The review on the page amused me:
the first thing i thing is wrong with it on the show the players take turn giving clues but on the game your partner always gives the clues. The second and final thing that I think is wrong with it is on the show if you go to the winner circle you give answer on this one you have to figure out the categories. Other then those two things which are not a really really big deal I think the game is very worth it. I got it today and have not stopped playing it. I would definetly recommend this game to anyone who ask me.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dale_grass

« Reply #1616 on: March 09, 2011, 04:38:40 PM »
Chad provided a link to the page on Amazon selling this fine piece of work.  The review on the page amused me:
the first thing i thing is wrong with it on the show the players take turn giving clues but on the game your partner always gives the clues. The second and final thing that I think is wrong with it is on the show if you go to the winner circle you give answer on this one you have to figure out the categories. Other then those two things which are not a really really big deal I think the game is very worth it. I got it today and have not stopped playing it. I would definetly recommend this game to anyone who ask me.
Yeah, sorry about that.  This cold medicine is kickin' my butt.

vtown7

« Reply #1617 on: March 09, 2011, 08:31:08 PM »
I applied for a copy editor's job about a month ago where you had to point out x amount of errors in a paragraph.  I'd like to now forward this to them and suggest it for the next go around.

Phil V

« Reply #1618 on: March 09, 2011, 11:18:32 PM »

I can't wait to hear a review that reinforces why I don't go out and spend $30 on it.  Don't you just love the screenshots?  It is amamzing how they mixed together the two format in the appearance.  Could they not have picked a colour scheme and gone with it?  This is one of my annoyances with Ludia.

Perhaps someone will prove me wrong with a review, but given the past track record, it is difficult to be excited about this.

-Ryan

A whole shaky-cam video playthrough, in two parts!  See what makes you stop watching first: the gameplay or the commentating.

Part 1: Front game http://bit.ly/fTw4Sl
Part 2: Rest of front game and winner's circle http://bit.ly/gSH3Ff

Not that anyone's going to be surprised, but it's awful.  Like, really awful.  I think it's probably the worst GS adaptation Ludia's done thus far.
Due to an error in judgment, a contestant's post was removed and the thread edited.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1619 on: March 09, 2011, 11:27:51 PM »
A whole shaky-cam video playthrough, in two parts!  See what makes you stop watching first: the gameplay or the commentating.
The commentating.  I couldn't even make it to any of the game play.