Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 463516 times)

WhammyPower

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1755 on: October 19, 2011, 09:57:12 AM »
• Randy West is the announcer of the Price is Right.
Only about 20% of the time, though. :-(
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:57:22 AM by WhammyPower »

catnap1972

« Reply #1756 on: October 19, 2011, 10:08:15 AM »

Question ends if neither of the two face off players gives a correct answer. Not only that, THE ROUND ENDS. So no replacement question- you just move on to Round 2/3/4.

What happens if all 4 rounds bomb at the face-off?  Sudden death?

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1757 on: October 19, 2011, 11:39:03 AM »

Question ends if neither of the two face off players gives a correct answer. Not only that, THE ROUND ENDS. So no replacement question- you just move on to Round 2/3/4.

What happens if all 4 rounds bomb at the face-off?  Sudden death?
I'm assuming so- it'd be no different than if the score was tied at 276 at the end of the fourth round- I mean, anything else other than sudden death would be a major fail.

Does anybody here actually send a player out of the room when doing Fast Money on any of these games?
Back in the day when I lived with the parents, we'd always send player #2 out of the room.  Where's the challenge otherwise?
Honestly, I don't see much of a challenge considering the time each player gets to type in answers and whatnot- even more so now with Ludia's predictive text box. Maybe that's just me.

Glad to see that most of you do try to stick to the formula of the show when playing Fast Money. Another question along the authenticity of the game...does anybody actually go down the line on teams (I.e. no conferring) when trying to clear the board, or do you just work out the answers as a team?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 11:43:36 AM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1758 on: October 19, 2011, 12:37:15 PM »
Question: the prize cues, you say, are time-accurate, but are they game-accurate, where appropriate? For example, is the MGHSH there used for Super Ball?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

pacdude

« Reply #1759 on: October 19, 2011, 12:52:56 PM »
Question: the prize cues, you say, are time-accurate, but are they game-accurate, where appropriate? For example, is the MGHSH there used for Super Ball?

You hope for too much from these people. They are not game-accurate (the "Dollar on the Nose" music appears as prize and showcase music, for example) but I'm impressed that they got the eras of music close enough. It's like when a puppy doesn't pee on a carpet for the first time. You're really proud.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #1760 on: October 19, 2011, 12:56:11 PM »
Glad to see that most of you do try to stick to the formula of the show when playing Fast Money. Another question along the authenticity of the game...does anybody actually go down the line on teams (I.e. no conferring) when trying to clear the board, or do you just work out the answers as a team?

Yes, we went down the line. Although, before the era of the Feud Presentation Software, you'd be hard-pressed to get more than 4 folks interested in the Feud. in that case, it's easy to just alternate turns on one side.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

« Reply #1761 on: October 19, 2011, 01:11:29 PM »
You hope for too much from these people.
No, you clearly are not familiar with my work. I expect NOTHING from these people. Which is why I was surprised to see any claims of accuracy at all. :)

Very Ludia, though. They pick and choose a few niggling little details to get right as a way to suck up to the fanb0is and get free research for future games (which they will then promptly ignore), and then introduce massive basic gameplay bugs.

pacdude

« Reply #1762 on: October 19, 2011, 01:13:41 PM »
While during TPiR Decades, if you're stumped in Contestant's Row, outbid the Green Player by a dollar. I haven't had this strategy fail on me yet.

MyronMMeyer

« Reply #1763 on: October 19, 2011, 05:56:08 PM »
At my local Barnes and Noble the Family Feud and Password card games were in the red dot "Half off" clearance bin. Individual stores have different clearance stock, but it may be worth looking into at your local store. The Clearance drops to 75% off, then $2.00 then $1.00 (or something like that). Might be worth your time.

-M

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1764 on: October 20, 2011, 10:52:43 PM »
While during TPiR Decades, if you're stumped in Contestant's Row, outbid the Green Player by a dollar. I haven't had this strategy fail on me yet.
This is not a given, based on the dozen or so IUFBs I have played.  I have unlocked Professor Price and am enjoying it way too much.  Hurdles has been unlocked as well.  Unfortunately, it is a 3-item (plus the hurdler item) higher/lower game.

Toys 'r Us has a buy 2, get 1 free on video games through Saturday.  I shouldn't complain too much since TPIR Decades was the "free" game.

clemon79

« Reply #1765 on: October 20, 2011, 10:58:04 PM »
Hurdles has been unlocked as well.  Unfortunately, it is a 3-item (plus the hurdler item) higher/lower game.
Wait, so they screwed up the basic rules of Hurdles?

These guys never fail to amuse me. :)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #1766 on: October 21, 2011, 06:52:43 AM »
Hurdles has been unlocked as well.  Unfortunately, it is a 3-item (plus the hurdler item) higher/lower game.
Wait, so they screwed up the basic rules of Hurdles?

These guys never fail to amuse me. :)
My theory on why this is:  To use less of the grocery database per playing, reducing the likelihood of repeating items.  I think it's a fair trade-off--altered rules but more playability.

clemon79

« Reply #1767 on: October 21, 2011, 12:00:58 PM »
My theory on why this is:  To use less of the grocery database per playing, reducing the likelihood of repeating items.I think it's a fair trade-off--altered rules but more playability.
Yet they include a game like Professor Price, requiring a database of trivia questions that get used nowhere else in the product? Sorry, nope, no sympathy, especially for a title whose entire theme is supposed to be verite.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1768 on: October 21, 2011, 06:06:43 PM »
At Toys R Us, they have a set of 4 wireless buzzers for the iPad that go by the name Duo Pop. They're compatible with a certain set of iPad games, which you can find on the app store by searching for Discovery Bay Games. The buzzers go for $40. They also have this other device, called Duo Plink, that works with the company's "wagering" games. Duo Plink sells for $30. None of these are going to matter (to me, at least) if they don't get some decent licensing and/or some solid trivia games to comply with the devices.

On another note, Toys R Us has a board game called Zero, which looking at the rules, resembles Pointless quite a bit. The game is made by University Games and goes for $25.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 10:14:45 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1769 on: October 21, 2011, 06:09:02 PM »
On another note, Toys R Us has a board game called Zero, which looking at the rules, resembles Pointless quite a bit. The game is made by University Games and goes for $25.
Also at Target, which is where I got mine. It is Pointless if it were run through the University Games-o-tron. Which is to say they get the idea right, get a few things wrong and add a few geegaws that really have no place and the game plays fine without them. Recommended.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.