Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 463512 times)

Jeremy Nelson

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #1920 on: May 24, 2012, 01:01:40 AM »
I'm testing it too, and it's a 5-question affair. Along with the question types available from the recent wii/Xbox release, gibberish questions are back.

No need to be vague. I've got an invite if anyone's interested.
As much as I enjoy the new version, I really prefer the old way, where you buzz in to answer and stuff. It feels more like an actual game show. I understand why you don't do that for an XBox game, but there y'are.
I think it was altered to make the game more accessible to the non trivia buffs. Rather than have the fastest finger in the room be the only one to rack up cash, it gives the guessers more of a fighting shot at keeping the game close. I know my roommates enjoyed playing the new console game with me; I don't know if that would have been the case with the old version.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 01:03:16 AM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

narzo

« Reply #1921 on: June 08, 2012, 04:28:14 PM »
Another great one if you have access to the UK iTunes store, "Million Pound Drop" is available for the iPad.  The free version will allow you to play along with the live show in the UK, but you can buy question packs for under a pound (200 questions) to play anytime and also buy a pack which contains all the questions used on the show thus far.  There are some distinctly British questions which those outside the country will find a bit challenging, but all in all the game is quite enjoyable.  

Hopefully this will signal a US version sometime soon.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/million-pound-drop/id529092100?mt=8

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1922 on: August 03, 2012, 06:57:33 PM »
Buzzerblog is reporting that Wheel and Jeopardy are coming to the Xbox 360 and PS3 this fall. Looks like they've taken the Wii games and pulled proprietary avatar support. No matter- the presentation for both games is the best I've probably ever seen on a game show video game.

http://buzzerblog.com/2012/08/wheel-jeopardy-ps3-xbox/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=wheel-jeopardy-ps3-xbox
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1923 on: August 03, 2012, 09:05:06 PM »
Looks like they've taken the Wii games and pulled proprietary avatar support.
Actually, it looks like it doesn't - if those were pictures from the 360, those weren't using Xbox avatars,

(Unless that's what you meant.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

weaklink75

« Reply #1924 on: August 04, 2012, 12:08:41 AM »
Target's website has Password 7th edition..

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1925 on: August 04, 2012, 01:49:44 AM »
Looks like they've taken the Wii games and pulled proprietary avatar support.
Actually, it looks like it doesn't - if those were pictures from the 360, those weren't using Xbox avatars,

(Unless that's what you meant.)
That's precisely what I meant :)

clemon79

« Reply #1926 on: August 04, 2012, 03:02:43 AM »
That's precisely what I meant :)
There you are. Apparently they've been comparing notes with Ludia, then.

Hastin

« Reply #1927 on: August 30, 2012, 04:02:45 PM »
Ludia shovelware has finally hit Android, as they released The Price is Right Decades on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ludia.tpirdecades&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5sdWRpYS50cGlyZGVjYWRlcyJd

Plays exactly as the iPad/Wii/Xbox/PS3/Commodore/Toaster versions. Supports both Android Tablets and Phones.
-Hastin :)

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #1928 on: August 30, 2012, 07:32:52 PM »
Ludia shovelware has finally hit Android, as they released The Price is Right Decades on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ludia.tpirdecades&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5sdWRpYS50cGlyZGVjYWRlcyJd

Plays exactly as the iPad/Wii/Xbox/PS3/Commodore/Toaster versions. Supports both Android Tablets and Phones.
What?!  No release for the Atari 2600?!

jmenjes

« Reply #1929 on: August 30, 2012, 07:46:45 PM »
Ludia shovelware has finally hit Android, as they released The Price is Right Decades on Google Play: https://play.google....GlyZGVjYWRlcyJd

What?!  No release for the Atari 2600?!

Forget the 2600, where's my Magnavox Odyssey version?
"You're dead if you aim only for kids.  Adults are only kids grown up anyway." -- Walt Disney

clemon79

« Reply #1930 on: August 30, 2012, 08:49:32 PM »
Forget the 2600, where's my Magnavox Odyssey version?
O2 version fails without supporting The Voice.

Sodboy13

« Reply #1931 on: August 30, 2012, 11:52:35 PM »
Pfft. Vectrex or GTFO.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

mmb5

« Reply #1932 on: August 31, 2012, 06:54:06 AM »
Maybe they'll have some cute overlays and game parts...it is the 40th anniversary of the introduction to the marketplace of the original Odyssey.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1933 on: September 17, 2012, 09:54:38 AM »
Just a little news on the app front:

According to Buzzerblog, Wheel is releasing a 30th Anniversary edition version of their iGame. Looking forward to seeing how that comes out.

If you're a Windows Phone user, you're in luck- Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune just dropped on the WP Store this morning for $2 and $5 respectively. They're iOS ports and they're not tethered to Xbox Live, but they work just fine.

Marc412

« Reply #1934 on: September 17, 2012, 12:20:31 PM »
Two things I hope they've improved with the app:

1) I'd like to be able to play a full 15-to-20-minute game.  In the last edition, the main game ended after three rounds--we don't get to see the $5K!
2) Computer opponents aren't always the brightest.  They'd sometimes call a "Q" or something near the start of the round.