Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fun House - NES  (Read 4544 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Fun House - NES
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 06:35:45 PM »
Alright, I remember reading about this version in a video game strategy guide, so I'm guessing the author was one of the few people to play this version. The final boss was The Condor at the top of Ice Mountain (which was a room on the actual show). Players were supposed to throw snowballs at him while standing on a slippery platform. Of course, this is me recalling a 15 year old instance at our local library.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

CarbonCpy

Fun House - NES
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 03:08:23 AM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' post=\'251990\' date=\'Dec 2 2010, 04:47 PM\']Very interesting! I wonder if he has any unpublicized info about the NES Super Password and all the ins and outs of that debacle that eventually got it canned. Even though all indications point to be it being a port from the computer game, there's still a little tiny portion of me that hopes one day a ROM of it will appear somewhere to play or download...[/quote]

I did get the chance to ask him about it not too long ago, but he honestly didn't know what happened with Super Password. :-/

wheelloon

Fun House - NES
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 01:33:43 PM »
[quote name=\'CarbonCpy\' post=\'252025\' date=\'Dec 3 2010, 03:08 AM\'][quote name=\'wheelloon\' post=\'251990\' date=\'Dec 2 2010, 04:47 PM\']Very interesting! I wonder if he has any unpublicized info about the NES Super Password and all the ins and outs of that debacle that eventually got it canned. Even though all indications point to be it being a port from the computer game, there's still a little tiny portion of me that hopes one day a ROM of it will appear somewhere to play or download...[/quote]

I did get the chance to ask him about it not too long ago, but he honestly didn't know what happened with Super Password. :-/
[/quote]

I've heard before about some things that happened with it (posted such somewhere around here IIRC), but there are some gaps in time and events and I think more than just the basic technology issues/show was canceled ordeals occurred that eventually had the game go unreleased. Still a shame... :(
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak