Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: She's Ba-ack!  (Read 9360 times)

JayDLewis

She's Ba-ack!
« on: May 18, 2007, 02:22:50 PM »
OK, I'll cop to trolling a celebrity gossip site and found these interesting articles about Rosie and TPiR.

Rosie Takes Out FULL Page Ad
http://defamer.com/hollywood/desperation-m...eams-261325.php

Producer's Not Happy With "The Gay Blade" et al?
http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2007/05/...the_royals.html

General Rosie Speculation
http://defamer.com/hollywood/rosie-o.donne...fist-222701.php

FWIW, my opinion is that Rosie would turn TPiR into Queen For A Day with 50% more Plinko.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

tvwxman

She's Ba-ack!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 02:32:15 PM »
I know I'm in the minority, but I disagree.

I think she'd be great for the show. Or hosting a revival of Match Game.

Seriously.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

jmangin

She's Ba-ack!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 02:44:23 PM »
Rosie O'Donnell:  "...I have visions for 'The Price is Right."

I wonder if they involve her selecting contestants by firing Koosh balls at them and feeding Drake's Snack Cakes to contestants outside in line from her personal stash.

TonicBH

She's Ba-ack!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 02:55:34 PM »
Rather than asking the obvious "Can she even HOST Price?", let's ask ourselves: "Can she even HOST a game show, period?"

My guess is no.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

tpirfan28

She's Ba-ack!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 03:13:46 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'152665\' date=\'May 18 2007, 02:32 PM\']
I know I'm in the minority, but I disagree.

I think she'd be great for the show. Or hosting a revival of Match Game.

Seriously.
[/quote]
I wish Rosie was available to host GameShow Marathon.  That would have been an improvement over Ricki, IMO. (and given a free try at TPiR and MG)

/but a brick wall would have been better than Ricki
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

tvwxman

She's Ba-ack!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 03:23:23 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' post=\'152668\' date=\'May 18 2007, 02:55 PM\']
Rather than asking the obvious "Can she even HOST Price?", let's ask ourselves: "Can she even HOST a game show, period?"

My guess is no.
[/quote]
At the risk of turning this into a 'yes-she-can' 'no-she-can't' argument, I'd like to hear your reasons why.

She's got thousands of hours of hosting experience, in which, as a talk-show host, played numerous games with her studio audience.

She hosted Squares for half a show in its early years.

How is she not a host, and yet Dylan Lane, Ty Treadway, the guy from Temptation who's name escapes me, George Hamilton, Mario Lopez, Dave Price, and Mark Steines are?

Or is this just an "I don't like Rosies views, opinion, brashness so she'd be lousy as a game show host" argument?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

tpirfan28

She's Ba-ack!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 03:26:17 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'152672\' date=\'May 18 2007, 03:23 PM\']
How is she not a host, and yet Dylan Lane, Ty Treadway, the guy from Temptation who's name escapes me, George Hamilton, Mario Lopez, Dave Price, and Mark Steines are?

Or is this just an "I don't like Rosies views, opinion, brashness so she'd be lousy as a game show host" argument?
[/quote]
Rossi Morreale.  FWIW...I had to look it up.

And my "opinion" (since I left it out in the previous post)...she'd do well hosting MG because she could handle the celebs well.  The only thing holding that up is questions + a good panel.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
She's Ba-ack!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 03:44:36 PM »
[/quote]

To be fair, three of those last four have never hosted a game show for the public's eyes. And if that list doesn't stress how much the Powers That Be want a good-looking guy more than anything...

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

dzinkin

She's Ba-ack!
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 03:46:52 PM »
[/quote]
The fact that she's a nasty, vicious conspiracy nutjob without an ounce of common sense or compassion for anyone who disagrees with her pretty much rules her out from my point of view.

It was bad enough that she was willing to throw out even the pretense of trying to bluff contestants on Squares.  These days, if she were hosting TPIR and a contestant lost, she'd probably give him the car anyway and claim that he'd really have won if not for George W. Bush.

(And before anyone decides to turn this into a political argument, I'm no fan of the guy nowadays either but he's not behind all that's wrong with the world any more than Bill Clinton was during the latter's term in office.)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 03:47:24 PM by dzinkin »

HYHYBT

She's Ba-ack!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 03:55:07 PM »
Judging solely from Hollywood Squares: she can't be a good game show host if she can't let contestants lose now and then. If she's gotten over that, maybe.

(edit: after reading the last couple of posts, yeah, she's too political now for TPIR anyway.)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 03:59:16 PM by HYHYBT »
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Jimmy Owen

She's Ba-ack!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 04:17:14 PM »
I think Rosie would be pretty good, she handles live TV well (and live to tape), she has wanted the job (she probably knows the games as well as any of the current candidates) and right now she's the hottest property on television.  CBS would be foolish not to at least consider the possibility.  You'd keep the Price viewers and get some of the View viewers.  

The only thing that would probably change is that we wouldn't get as many frat boys up on stage.

And that's a good thing.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

She's Ba-ack!
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 04:54:53 PM »
The problem with Rosie is that she's just too divisive a figure for a warm-and-fuzzy show like "TIPR."  Anytime.

Perhaps, if Tucker Carlson can host that "Do You Trust Me?" pilot for CBS, she could do that same show.  But not for any conventional game show anytime soon.

Jimmy Owen

She's Ba-ack!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 05:09:31 PM »
If the show is on tape, there probably would be little opportunity for Rosie to comment on current events.  Bob injected social causes into the show long ago.

The only audience that would go away is the male audience CBS doesn't want in the first place.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TheLastResort

She's Ba-ack!
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 05:49:12 PM »
Rosie is absolutely horrible.  Technically, could she host the show?  Of course, but so could a lot of people.  Problem is, I can't see her being satisfied as just the host.  She would eventually want to produce as well...and that's the part that scares me.  I can just see her mucking with the set, replacing long-time staffers with her friends, and adding a View-like monologue to the beginning of every show.

alfonzos

She's Ba-ack!
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 06:36:09 PM »
I'd like to see Rosie host a game show but not TPiR. How about a revival of Two for the Money?
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos