Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quick question about Sunday night  (Read 4185 times)

cacLA8383

Quick question about Sunday night
« on: May 18, 2007, 09:40:19 PM »
Hey guys, I'm looking on my cable program guide and I notice the 11pm/10pm central Feud is an hour long. Could this possibly be them running a 1994-era episode? If not, didn't Dawson have one-hour primetime specials during his initial run? I don't really remember if he did or not.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 09:40:51 PM by cacLA8383 »

dzinkin

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 09:41:55 PM »
[quote name=\'cacLA8383\' post=\'152773\' date=\'May 18 2007, 09:40 PM\']
Hey guys, I'm looking on my cable program guide and on the GSN schedule and I notice the 11pm/10pm central Feud is an hour long. Could this possibly be them running a 1994-era episode? If not, didn't Dawson have one-hour primetime specials during his initial run? I don't really remember if he did or not.
[/quote]
Yes, there were several hour-long ABC primetime Feud specials.  The one I remember best was the one with crime-show stars (Norman Fell was one); I'll leave it to others to fill in the other blanks.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 09:42:17 PM by dzinkin »

PYLW

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 11:33:38 PM »
The promo shows that we'll be seeing the "peanut butter" and "alligator" episodes. They haven't been shown in a long time, so this should be nice. :)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 01:55:11 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'152774\' date=\'May 18 2007, 09:41 PM\']
[quote name=\'cacLA8383\' post=\'152773\' date=\'May 18 2007, 09:40 PM\']
Hey guys, I'm looking on my cable program guide and on the GSN schedule and I notice the 11pm/10pm central Feud is an hour long. Could this possibly be them running a 1994-era episode? If not, didn't Dawson have one-hour primetime specials during his initial run? I don't really remember if he did or not.
[/quote]
Yes, there were several hour-long ABC primetime Feud specials.  The one I remember best was the one with crime-show stars (Norman Fell was one); I'll leave it to others to fill in the other blanks.
[/quote]

I am led to believe that the hour-longs were how the Celebrity Feud format originally started before the five-a-week strips.  I know GSN has shown at least one of them within the past 5 years.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 01:55:42 AM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

game show guy

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 09:13:54 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLW\' post=\'152797\' date=\'May 18 2007, 11:33 PM\']
The promo shows that we'll be seeing the "peanut butter" and "alligator" episodes. They haven't been shown in a long time, so this should be nice. :)
[/quote]

Yes, I agree, also some other moments were September moment, Rubber duck moment, and various other things, including a Christmas episode!!??

Well, to me this should be another great marathon from GSN. Yay!!! I am proud to have this network! Thank You GSN! God Bless Rich Cronin (president) and Jamie Roberts (SVP of programming) for planning this marathon. I will have a great Sunday night indeed!!

sshuffield70

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 05:10:34 PM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'152827\' date=\'May 19 2007, 09:13 AM\']
[/quote]

Yes, I agree, also some other moments were September moment, Rubber duck moment, and various other things, including a Christmas episode!!??

Well, to me this should be another great marathon from GSN. Yay!!! I am proud to have this network! Thank You GSN! God Bless Rich Cronin (president) and Jamie Roberts (SVP of programming) for planning this marathon. I will have a great Sunday night indeed!!
[/quote]

How old are you again?

game show guy

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 05:15:12 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' post=\'152864\' date=\'May 19 2007, 05:10 PM\']
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'152827\' date=\'May 19 2007, 09:13 AM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]

How old are you again?
[/quote]

I am not going to answer that question.

dzinkin

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 05:15:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'152810\' date=\'May 19 2007, 01:55 AM\']
I am led to believe that the hour-longs were how the Celebrity Feud format originally started before the five-a-week strips.  I know GSN has shown at least one of them within the past 5 years.
[/quote]
Several, actually -- if my memory is correct, there was at least one Saturday night when GSN ran three or four of the ABC hour-long specials back to back.

I recall the crime special best because it's the only one I also specifically recall watching in prime time on ABC; while I can remember some of the other celebrity match-ups, I don't remember which were in prime time and which were in daytime.

dzinkin

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 05:18:33 PM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'152866\' date=\'May 19 2007, 05:15 PM\']
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' post=\'152864\' date=\'May 19 2007, 05:10 PM\']
How old are you again?
[/quote]
I am not going to answer that question.
[/quote]
I believe the question Steve is really asking is this:

Do you realize that when GSN runs something you like, it's not because they're "nice" but because they think it will draw more viewers and therefore let them sell more ad time, and therefore you're really not accomplishing anything by your constant praise and thanks?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 06:13:23 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'152867\' date=\'May 19 2007, 02:15 PM\']
I recall the crime special best because it's the only one I also specifically recall watching in prime time on ABC; while I can remember some of the other celebrity match-ups, I don't remember which were in prime time and which were in daytime.
[/quote]
As a rule, if it's an All-Star Fambly Feud Special, and it follows this format: two games, the winners of those games play a one-question playoff, and that winner plays Fast Money, then it was a primetime special.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 06:16:06 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'152868\' date=\'May 19 2007, 02:18 PM\']
Do you realize that when GSN runs something you like, it's not because they're "nice" but because they think it will draw more viewers and therefore let them sell more ad time, and therefore you're really not accomplishing anything by your constant praise and thanks?
[/quote]
For that matter, "proud"? GSG, explain "proud." Tell us why in the BLUE HELL you are "proud." Do you strut down the street, your chest puffed out, because you have GSN? Are you aware that buying cable (and I'm betting that you don't even pay the cable bill, your parents do) is not an accomplishment worthy of pride?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 06:18:45 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

game show guy

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 06:22:27 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'152876\' date=\'May 19 2007, 06:16 PM\']
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'152868\' date=\'May 19 2007, 02:18 PM\']
[/quote]
For that matter, "proud"? GSG, explain "proud." Tell us why in the BLUE HELL you are "proud." Do you strut down the street, your chest puffed out, because you have GSN? Are you aware that buying cable (and I'm betting that you don't even pay the cable bill, your parents do) is not an accomplishment worthy of pride?
[/quote]

I am proud to have GSN because I have liked Game Shows since I was a little kid. To me these shows are entertaining and fun. So, that's why I am proud to have GSN and that it was created 12.5 years ago by Sony:).

tpirfan28

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 06:32:10 PM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'152877\' date=\'May 19 2007, 06:22 PM\']
I am proud to have GSN because I have liked Game Shows since I was a little kid. To me these shows are entertaining and fun. So, that's why I am proud to have GSN and that it was created 12.5 years ago by Sony:).
[/quote]
Umm...ok.  Whatever floats your boat.

Better word to use....
[GeneWood=ON]
The password is "happy."
[GeneWood=OFF]

<DING>

/brick wall...I know.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Don Howard

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 08:25:28 PM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'152877\' date=\'May 19 2007, 06:22 PM\']
I am proud to have GSN and that it was created 12.5 years ago by Sony:).
[/quote]
And I am proud to use Charmin, the extra-soft bathroom tissue that was created seventy-nine years ago by The Hoberg Paper Company.
Switching back to the all-star specials and their guests, what crime show was Norman Fell the star of?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 08:26:13 PM by Don Howard »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 08:46:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'152888\' date=\'May 19 2007, 08:25 PM\']

Switching back to the all-star specials and their guests, what crime show was Norman Fell the star of?
[/quote]

"The Ropers." Now that show was a crime. :)

Actually he did do a couple of crime dramas "87th Precinct" for one.  He was also on "Dan August" but in a supporting role.

You could say he stole the show on "Three's Company."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.