Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Joker's Wild 1990 question..  (Read 5867 times)

Robert Hutchinson

The Joker's Wild 1990 question..
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2003, 03:17:02 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 18 2003, 12:35 AM\'][quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Sep 17 2003, 09:57 PM\'] Side comment: for all the wincing over the TJW90 bonus round intro of \"As you know, The Joker's Wild is a game of definitions\", [/quote]
Wasn't the bonus round intro, tho. That's what he said at the _top of the show_. [/quote]
Huh. It's been too long since I watched--I could've sworn that was how he kicked off the explanation to the rules of the bonus round.

And the question, I don't think, was with the \"definition\" part, but with the \"As you know,\" portion. He used that line on the PREMIER EPISODE. As a viewer of Jack, Jim, and Bill for however many years, I most certainly DID NOT KNOW that. :)

Well, yeah, but if he had said \"As you know, The Joker's Wild is a game of knowledge and luck\", it would've been perfectly fine.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

GameShowFan

The Joker's Wild 1990 question..
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2003, 07:24:51 PM »
There were, I believe, 3 wins during the course of the run:

There was a fourth Jackpot in Show #11 (in taped order) that didn't air until it absolutely had to before the plug was pulled.

I bowled with the guy who did it, too. But I never saw the win, just heard about it.