Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal Or No Deal - Mid-episode spoilers  (Read 3257 times)

nate80s

Deal Or No Deal - Mid-episode spoilers
« on: May 21, 2007, 09:02:31 PM »
Nothing pisses me off more than knowing whats going to happen when I watch a DOND already in progress.  Halfway through the show, a spoiler is thrown in.  This needs to stop and it needs to stop immediately!  Here is a link to the NBC feedback page: http://www.nbc.com/Footer/Contact_Us/  Also, the other spoilers during the week and the "next week on Deal Or No Deal" spoilers are completely unnecessary and very unprofessional of NBC.  Let's put a stop to this BS at once!

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 09:07:03 PM »
[quote name=\'nate80s\' post=\'152997\' date=\'May 21 2007, 09:02 PM\']
Nothing pisses me off more than knowing whats going to happen when I watch a DOND already in progress.  Halfway through the show, a spoiler is thrown in.  This needs to stop and it needs to stop immediately!  Here is a link to the NBC feedback page: http://www.nbc.com/Footer/Contact_Us/  Also, the other spoilers during the week and the "next week on Deal Or No Deal" spoilers are completely unnecessary and very unprofessional of NBC.  Let's put a stop to this BS at once!
[/quote]
Preaching to the choir, I'm afraid.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 09:16:26 PM »
[/quote]

So what are you gonna do, boycott NBC? I'm sure they'll care enough to stop doing that.

I agree with Brandon, nate. I'm sure none of us here find the spoilers good, but NBC isn't going to stop doing it because, quite frankly, I don't think a majority of their viewing public either a) notices or b) cares.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

nate80s

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 09:27:02 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'152999\' date=\'May 21 2007, 09:16 PM\']
[/quote]

So what are you gonna do, boycott NBC? I'm sure they'll care enough to stop doing that.

I agree with Brandon, nate. I'm sure none of us here find the spoilers good, but NBC isn't going to stop doing it because, quite frankly, I don't think a majority of their viewing public either a) notices or b) cares.
[/quote]

I'm not gonna boycott NBC, I'm just pissed off that they ruin it for all of us.  That's all.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 09:27:17 PM »
And to be fair, NBC had been promoing this for a few days, not just during the show tonight.  It's the only reason I put a tape in.

Point is NBC gonna promote it however they're gonna promote it.  Purity be danged.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 01:21:12 PM »
My reaction upon seeing the mid-episode promo: "Oh, so that's what's going to happen? Good -- I can go do something else for the next twenty minutes."

So I did.

Thank you, NBC, for helping me use my time more efficiently by alerting me as to when it is unnecessary to watch your network!

--
Scott Robinson

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 12:42:39 PM »
And even though NBC will say that the ultimate outcome was not spoiled, still, it is annoying.

But as long as the network's worried that people are going to turn over to ABC to catch the "Dancing" freestyle dances or whatever, it's going to happen.  One would think that someone in the news like the contestant would be enough to keep the viewers at their sets, but anxiety runs amuck in the halls of the networks these days--and I hope to God it was the network's idea, not Scott St. John's.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 02:07:01 PM »
This makes me question if Canada's Global did the same thing when Howie did those shows up there?
-Sanford

Gromit

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 03:21:45 AM »
No, not that I remember.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 09:09:09 AM »
Maybe they are trying to keep the people for whom game shows are the lowest form of entertainment (read: everybody but us) watching by assuring them it will be worth their while to stay tuned.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.