Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nickelodeon now rerunning "Legends..."  (Read 4456 times)

tpirfan28

Nickelodeon now rerunning "Legends..."
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 03:31:24 PM »
Maybe bad news fellers.  The all-too brief run is ending 5/25.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 12:08:51 AM »
Not quite.  

Currently, the Nick on-air guide has the duo of Danny Phantom/Fairly Oddparents on next week.  No Legends.

Starting 6/4, the OAG has Legends back at 7:30 AM....this time with episode number 1 (OAG lists production code 101A).

tpirfan28

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 12:09:52 PM »
They've changed it again...and is running through the next two weeks at least, and will be continuing with Season 3.

And I don't like that they are running them in production order...the tasks are all almost the same. (same moat crossing style, similar temple games).
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 01:48:05 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'153043\' date=\'May 22 2007, 11:09 AM\']
They've changed it again...and is running through the next two weeks at least, and will be continuing with Season 3.

And I don't like that they are running them in production order...the tasks are all almost the same. (same moat crossing style, similar temple games).
[/quote]

Except since the on-air guide still lists season 1 as beginning on June 4th, this soon won't be a problem.

Of course really, if you want to critically analyze it, how much difference was there between any two given Legends episodes.

Allstar87

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 06:56:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'153063\' date=\'May 22 2007, 01:48 PM\']
Of course really, if you want to critically analyze it, how much difference was there between any two given Legends episodes.
[/quote]

In the first season, Kirk actually had a reason for being there. ;)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2007, 01:32:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Allstar87\' post=\'153110\' date=\'May 22 2007, 03:56 PM\'][quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'153063\' date=\'May 22 2007, 01:48 PM\']Of course really, if you want to critically analyze it, how much difference was there between any two given Legends episodes.[/quote]

In the first season, Kirk actually had a reason for being there. ;)[/quote]From what I saw, he did give whoever ran the Teleprompter extra practice by flubbing his lines left and right. (Not much of a reason, but we have to make do) Our audience wanted to give the guy a small cheer whenever he managed to get through one reading without a goof. I don't think he could have ad-libbed anything more than about fifteen seconds of extra time.

And this was the first set of episodes taped, mind you. So it's not like he ever improved, even. He was That Bad from Day One. They would have done better to have the warm-up guy swap jobs.
Travis L. Eberle

uncamark

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2007, 12:31:31 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'153142\' date=\'May 23 2007, 12:32 AM\']
[quote name=\'Allstar87\' post=\'153110\' date=\'May 22 2007, 03:56 PM\'][quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'153063\' date=\'May 22 2007, 01:48 PM\']Of course really, if you want to critically analyze it, how much difference was there between any two given Legends episodes.[/quote]

In the first season, Kirk actually had a reason for being there. ;)[/quote]From what I saw, he did give whoever ran the Teleprompter extra practice by flubbing his lines left and right. (Not much of a reason, but we have to make do) Our audience wanted to give the guy a small cheer whenever he managed to get through one reading without a goof. I don't think he could have ad-libbed anything more than about fifteen seconds of extra time.

And this was the first set of episodes taped, mind you. So it's not like he ever improved, even. He was That Bad from Day One. They would have done better to have the warm-up guy swap jobs.
[/quote]

Warmup guy was probably fat and had a humongous beard.  No one like that will ever front a Nickelodeon show, unless it's Tom Kenny's pirate character who does the "SpongeBob" marathons or whatever.

No Linda Ellerbee jokes, please.  :)

(And yes, it's a cheap shot--her "Nick News" shows are the best stuff on the channel these days.  Just that when there's a cheap shot to be taken...)

Kevin Prather

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2007, 08:33:15 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'153170\' date=\'May 23 2007, 09:31 AM\']
(And yes, it's a cheap shot--her "Nick News" shows are the best stuff on the channel these days.  Just that when there's a cheap shot to be taken...)
[/quote]
Is that even happening anymore?

chad1m

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2007, 08:46:15 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'153240\' date=\'May 23 2007, 08:33 PM\']
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'153170\' date=\'May 23 2007, 09:31 AM\']
[/quote]
Is that even happening anymore?
[/quote]
I think they still have sporadic specials.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 08:47:13 PM by chad1m »

snowpeck

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 03:46:10 AM »
According to my source (www.mtvn.com), Nick is running Legends at least through the first week of August, the farthest point that site goes.  This is subject to change of course, but it looks like they're putting a bit of faith into the show.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)