Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How many episodes of "The Who, What or Where Game" exist?  (Read 5597 times)

Chelsea Thrasher

How many episodes of "The Who, What or Where Game" exist?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 11:31:18 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'153873\' date=\'May 30 2007, 10:27 PM\']
I see not one single reason why reruns of The Challengers are any less viable than reruns of Jeopardy. If anything they would be MORE viable for the historical snapshot that they provide.
 [/quote]

And you certainly don't see most networks chomping at the bit for Jeopardy! - a name show almost anyone would recognize instantly.  

That said, the "historical snapshot" comment is an interesting thought - perhaps a History Channel-type network whose focus is the past.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 11:33:14 PM by Seth Thrasher »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 11:34:50 PM »
In those days I think they erased 'em before we left the studio.
That didn't leave much to air then, did it? :-)

Delighted to have you here, Ron. It is an honor for us to welcome you to the board.

dzinkin

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 10:01:25 AM »
[quote name=\'whoww\' post=\'153835\' date=\'May 30 2007, 08:06 PM\']
In those days I think they erased 'em before we left the studio.
[/quote]
Well, I suppose erasing them before you entered the studio would have been a bit difficult. ;-)

Wonderful to see you, sir.  We're honored that you've decided to join our discussions.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 10:01:46 AM by dzinkin »

BobbyLankford_83

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 11:11:39 AM »
Welcome aboard ,Ron. I also remember when you worked on The Joker's Wild and Tic Tac Dough.

whoww

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 06:52:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'153850\' date=\'May 30 2007, 07:06 PM\']
[quote name=\'whoww\' post=\'153835\' date=\'May 30 2007, 08:06 PM\']
Hi there to all,
Unfortunately theres only one copy of the 3w's available. In those days I think they erased 'em before we left the studio. Can you imagine, 4 1/2 half years of shows. So be it.
Regards to all,'Ronnie Greenberg
[/quote]
Hey, Ron! What a treat to have you in here. Great screen name, by the way.
Looking forward to tons of great stories from you.
[/quote]

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND WORDS OF WELCOME. Once I get the hang of how to reply I'll behappy to add a story or two in the near future.
Again, best regards.
Ronnie G.

tvrandywest

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 09:02:47 PM »
Let me add my welcome to Ronnie, as well. He is a class act and one of the gentlemen in our business.

When Fred Wostbrock set the appointment, he told me that I would thoroughly enjoy meeting Ron. Well, it was an understatement. I ended up working for Ronnie on "Challengers" as audience warm-up. Ron kept me on the job and created a wonderfully warm environment despite the fact that Dick Clark had a young man that he wanted to have a shot at warm-up. It turns out that young man who ultimately replaced me was a friend that I now often work with, Mark Walburg.

Thanks for the support so early in my career, Ron. It will always be appreciated. And I still smile when I think of your line just before tape rolled: "I'm so nervous I could eat ham"!!!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Don Howard

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2007, 08:35:33 AM »
[quote name=\'RMF\' post=\'153736\' date=\'May 29 2007, 04:42 PM\']
UCLA has nine episodes from 1971 and 1973. None of these are available for viewing.
[/quote]
Then why do they have them? Is this like a comic book fan who buys a special issue and keeps it in the bag the whole time and never reads it just to say, "I've got this!!!"
Why have it in the archives if no one can watch and appreciate it?

mmb5

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2007, 09:02:36 AM »
These are the "archival copies" that as you point out, are pointless to hold onto if you never intend on viewing them.  They're on 1/2" stock, so it's not like the three-figures it costs to dub like a 2" would.  Get some work study to convert them to DVD.  Hell, I'll do it for free.  I'll be there in mid-July, UCLA.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2007, 05:56:29 PM »
Then why do they have them? Is this like a comic book fan who buys a special issue and keeps it in the bag the whole time and never reads it just to say, "I've got this!!!"
Why have it in the archives if no one can watch and appreciate it?

Ahhh...but taking it out and touching it will leave fingerprints, make it less mint and diminish the value...

\No, I'm not a comic book collector
\\Yes, I do take my TVGuides out of the plastic to read once in a while
\\\Yes, I agree that it's a shame that the existing episodes of WWW can't be viewed
\\\\Is anyone else surprised these "slashie" quotes have lasted so long??!!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Kniwt

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 06:37:30 PM »
Hm, if the series is really this lost forever, then a file I posted a while back might be of added interest.  Way back when, I captured an episode of the 3W's on audiotape, and about half of it (the second half) has survived.  You can hear it here.

Sorry for the marginal audio quality, but hey, that's what you get from holding a microphone up to a TV set back in, what, 1971 or so.  Enjoy.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2007, 07:20:57 PM »
I used to collect comic books.

I bought one copy of each comic book. Never multiples.

When I wanted to read it, I took it out and read it. And that probably decreased the resale value from a few cents to a few dollars.

But I enjoyed reading them. Worth every penny.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe