Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hey batter batter ... come on down!  (Read 2604 times)

DrBear

Hey batter batter ... come on down!
« on: June 04, 2007, 07:40:49 AM »
The Fresno Grizzlies had a "Price is Right" night Saturday, and wore uniforms to match...

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

I gotta say, I like the "big wheel" sleeves...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 03:51:58 PM by DrBear »
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

JayDLewis

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 09:41:14 AM »
They were in the audience on one of last weeks shows.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 11:48:21 AM »
The nametags are a nice touch. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

weaklink75

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 01:38:42 PM »
They also had a giveaway bobblehead...The team's mascot is a bear named Parker, so they made one called "Bob Parker"....it's not the best picture, but you can see the microphone cord..

http://www.bobblebums.com/bobbleheads/index.php?act=home

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 04:42:59 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'154228\' date=\'Jun 4 2007, 01:38 PM\']They also had a giveaway bobblehead...The team's mascot is a bear named Parker, so they made one called "Bob Parker"....it's not the best picture, but you can see the microphone cord..

http://www.bobblebums.com/bobbleheads/index.php?act=home[/quote]
Part of me thinks that ranks among the oddest bobbleheads ever.  (Mascot bobbleheads aren't uncommon.  Bobbleheads of mascots dressed up to be like a real life person?  Not as much.)  The other part of me realizes it's not even the silliest bobblehead on that page, as I have 7 of the C.C. Sabathia disco bobbleheads in my possession.  (It pays to bring a good sized bag to the ballpark when everybody and their mother raced down to the plaza between Jacobs Field and Quicken Loans Arena to watch that other Detroit/Cleveland sporting event on Saturday night after the Indians lost badly.)

/Will trade a Sabathia for a Bob Parker.
/Would also pay for one of the TPiR-like game used jerseys.

tpirfan28

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 04:46:07 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'154243\' date=\'Jun 4 2007, 04:42 PM\']
C.C. Sabathia disco bobbleheads
[/quote]I don't follow Indians baseball that much...but that bobblehead looks really really close to Lebron, except with a fro.  Scary stuff.

/would also trade a Sabathia for a Parker
//ObTopic: Killer jerseys.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 04:53:22 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'154244\' date=\'Jun 4 2007, 04:46 PM\']
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'154243\' date=\'Jun 4 2007, 04:42 PM\']
C.C. Sabathia disco bobbleheads
[/quote]I don't follow Indians baseball that much...but that bobblehead looks really really close to Lebron, except with a fro.  Scary stuff.[/quote]
It could be based on LeBron.  Sabathia's nowhere near that thin.  The Indians promotional dept. probably didn't want to injure their fans by making the Sabathia bobbleheads with a realistic amount of girth.

DrBear

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 11:20:57 PM »
Well, recently some minor league team made a bobblehead of a guy named Bob L. Head...
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

entguy1

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 11:41:18 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' post=\'154264\' date=\'Jun 4 2007, 10:20 PM\']
Well, recently some minor league team made a bobblehead of a guy named Bob L. Head...
[/quote]

That guy is from near me, and our newspaper covered it pretty well. You gotta hand it to minor leagues -- nobody thinks outside the box for promotions like they do.

Stripey

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 03:37:59 PM »
I was at the taping that the Grizzlies attended and got a close-up view of these unis. They look even better in person -- the craftsmanship was impressive. I'm not a fan of the personalized T-shirt craze that has taken hold over the past decade, but these I could get behind. They gave one to Bob during a break, and he, too, seemed impressed that it was something more than the usual "WYOMING LOVES BOB!" iron-on pap.