Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Grand Slam Taping Dates  (Read 1766 times)

tvmitch

Grand Slam Taping Dates
« on: May 30, 2007, 08:00:53 AM »
Just received an email from On Camera Audiences offering free tickets to the upcoming Grand Slam tapings in NYC. Tapings are Wednesday 6/6 at 5pm, and Thursday 6/7 and Friday 6/8 both at 7pm. I initially signed up for the Wednesday taping, but the way that these new tapings are going these days, the three hour trip back home might be pushing it to get to work the next morning. Those who live close to NYC - might be an interesting one to see. I'd love to see who's playing.

And mods, I apologize if this is a repost of something already in a topic somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

EDITED 5/30 8:43am to correct days of the week listed. (I was looking at a broadcast calendar. But that's still not really an excuse, I guess.)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 08:46:22 AM by mitchgroff »
You should follow me on Twitter

mmb5

Grand Slam Taping Dates
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 08:16:17 AM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'153776\' date=\'May 30 2007, 08:00 AM\']
Just received an email from On Camera Audiences offering free tickets to the upcoming Grand Slam tapings in NYC. Tapings are Sunday 6/6 at 5pm, and Monday 6/7 and Tuesday 6/8 both at 7pm. I initially signed up for the Sunday taping, but the way that these new tapings are going these days, the three hour trip back home might be pushing it to get to work the next morning. Those who live close to NYC - might be an interesting one to see. I'd love to see who's playing.

And mods, I apologize if this is a repost of something already in a topic somewhere, but I couldn't find it.
[/quote]

Might want to check with the On Camera Audiences people, since Sunday is the 3rd, and so on.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

tvmitch

Grand Slam Taping Dates
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 08:48:21 AM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'153777\' date=\'May 30 2007, 08:16 AM\']
Might want to check with the On Camera Audiences people, since Sunday is the 3rd, and so on.
--Mike
[/quote]
Thanks. The error was mine. Although I'm not entirely convinced that OCA didn't have the days of the week correct on their site.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 08:48:46 AM by mitchgroff »
You should follow me on Twitter

gameshowcongress

Grand Slam Taping Dates
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 05:04:59 PM »
I'll be at the Wednesday and Thursday tapings.

And for anyone who does not know - the Game Show Boot Camp is in the city the prior weekend

see www.gameshowcongress.com

Includes the US site for the World Quizzing Championships (www.wqc2007.com)

Saturday June 2 at the New York Athletic Club on Central Park South, 8am-5pm
Sunday June 2 at the Baggot Inn, Greenwich Village 11am-3pm

geno57

Grand Slam Taping Dates
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 12:44:30 PM »
And, according to AllAccess.com (a radio industry website), the host has been named.

Dennis Miller.

uncamark

Grand Slam Taping Dates
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 12:57:56 PM »
[quote name=\'geno57\' post=\'154375\' date=\'Jun 6 2007, 11:44 AM\']
And, according to AllAccess.com (a radio industry website), the host has been named.

Dennis Miller.
[/quote]

Was mentioned over at the GSN board.

Perfesser has that Irish "presenter" Amanda Byram ("Paradise Hotel") will be Denny's sidekick.  I'm still assuming that they'll follow the format of the original and have someone else be the quizmaster while Denny sits in the booth and makes obscure references and Amanda stands backstage with a hand mike and looks gorgeous.

Jimmy Owen

Grand Slam Taping Dates
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 01:03:05 PM »
Dennis talked a little bit about it on his Westwood One radio show today.  Three hour meeting yesterday with the producers, etc.  He'll have more I'm sure tomorrow.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.