Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My pick for the new host  (Read 8353 times)

geno57

My pick for the new host
« on: June 07, 2007, 08:37:30 PM »
Does anyone else think Bergeron would be great to carry-on TPiR?  He could keep doing the funny videos if he wanted to, but he'd have to give up the dance show.  Wouldn't want him over-exposed.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
My pick for the new host
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 08:40:35 PM »
[quote name=\'geno57\' post=\'154597\' date=\'Jun 7 2007, 05:37 PM\']
Does anyone else think Bergeron would be great to carry-on TPiR?  
[/quote]
Absolutely.

Do I think, for whatever reason, be it contractual or personal, that he's in the running? No.

Which is the same answer I gave the other fifteen thousand times his name has come up.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

My pick for the new host
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 08:44:04 PM »
I think a lot of people share your sentiment.  The combination of a committment to ABC/Disney and his stated disdain for game shows make it something that ain't gonna happen.

However..there is a guy who is a household name, seems to be able to free-lance on the networks and already hosts a Fremantle prime-time show.....
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 08:57:31 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Jimmy_1

My pick for the new host
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 08:46:16 PM »
I was talking with a friend who recommended Bill Dwyer of GSN's "I've Got A Secret".  He would be good.  Your thoughts?

clemon79

My pick for the new host
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 08:55:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'154599\' date=\'Jun 7 2007, 05:44 PM\']
I think a lot of people share your sentiment.  The combination of a committment to ABC/Disney and his stated disdain for game shows make it something that ain't gonna happen.
[/quote]
Well, that said, the Millionaire thing happened. So maybe he's found his smile again with regard to the business, at least a little.

But I do think the ABC/Disney thing is a major determining factor as to why he's essentially off the table.

geno57

My pick for the new host
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 10:53:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy_1\' post=\'154600\' date=\'Jun 7 2007, 07:46 PM\']
I was talking with a friend who recommended Bill Dwyer of GSN's "I've Got A Secret".  He would be good.  Your thoughts?
[/quote]

Yeah, I like the Bil Dwyer idea.  I always enjoyed him on the recent IGAS.  He seems to deal well with celebs and civilians alike.

whoww

My pick for the new host
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 03:26:04 PM »
[quote name=\'geno57\' post=\'154597\' date=\'Jun 7 2007, 05:37 PM\']
Does anyone else think Bergeron would be great to carry-on TPiR?  He could keep doing the funny videos if he wanted to, but he'd have to give up the dance show.  Wouldn't want him over-exposed.
[/quote]

Hi there,

Just thinking on the perfect choice to replace Bob Barker. Check out the current candidates for President on the Republican ticket. There's one gentleman who could step in for Barker on a days notice....IF and that man is Mitt Romney the foremr Governor of Mass. He's got the looks and the smarts. He just might be looking for work when the campaign is over.
Best,
Ron Greenberg

bandit_bobby

My pick for the new host
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 03:28:32 PM »
My personal choice is Todd Newton. Nobody else cuts the mustard, IMHO.

tpirfan28

My pick for the new host
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 03:55:18 PM »
I cut mustard today when I cut my ham and cheese sandwich today for lunch.  Does that count?

Anywho, in response to Clementson's open letter at the top of the board, I would have to agree with Robb Weller...but who's the other guy?
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Mike Tennant

My pick for the new host
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 04:39:47 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'154688\' date=\'Jun 8 2007, 03:55 PM\']
Anywho, in response to Clementson's open letter at the top of the board, I would have to agree with Robb Weller...but who's the other guy?
[/quote]
Local weatherman, KABC-TV . . . but we all know unknown local weathermen make terrible game show hosts, right?  See:  Sajak, Pat, and O'Connell, Kevin.

Neumms

My pick for the new host
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 05:25:49 PM »
Have they looked at Donny Osmond, from the Donny & Marie show, for TPIR? He's not too hip for the room and he's a name brand. I wonder if all the hoopla surrounding Barker's departure has made them feel it would be a let down to pick a no-name, like Todd Newton or Chris's suggestions. (If they'd picked sooner and had Barker pass the torch, one of them would have worked better.)

clemon79

My pick for the new host
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 05:54:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'154710\' date=\'Jun 8 2007, 02:25 PM\']
Have they looked at Donny Osmond, from the Donny & Marie show, for TPIR? He's not too hip for the room and he's a name brand.
[/quote]
He's also presently employed.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 05:55:19 PM by clemon79 »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
My pick for the new host
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 06:03:42 PM »
Danny Romero did weather at KCOP in the '90s. He projects tremendous exuberance both in person and on camera. Because his exuberance comes naturally, it doesn't come across as studied or affected. He's a bright guy and I think he could easily master the format and all of the games.

Robb Weller fills in on a show in which I have a tangential interest, and when he does, he does a wonderful job of taking command of the proceedings but in a likeable way, much the same way that Gene Rayburn used to take charge of the rowdy celebs on MG. He is likewise a bright guy and the format would come easily for him.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 06:27:16 PM by chris319 »

Adam Nedeff

My pick for the new host
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 06:06:56 PM »
I'm sure he's nowhere near CBS's minds, but I'm shocked that the name Marc Summers isn't kicked around more often. He has name recognition--the screaming audience members with Greek letters on their chest grew up watching him, after all. He's experienced with the format, he's certainly experienced with doing shows that are different from one day to the next. He seems ideal to me.

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
My pick for the new host
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 06:48:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' post=\'154717\' date=\'Jun 8 2007, 05:06 PM\']
I'm sure he's nowhere near CBS's minds, but I'm shocked that the name Marc Summers isn't kicked around more often. He has name recognition--the screaming audience members with Greek letters on their chest grew up watching him, after all. He's experienced with the format, he's certainly experienced with doing shows that are different from one day to the next. He seems ideal to me.
[/quote]

And I believe that his having to remember all those obstacles on DD can translate into being able to remember all the games on Price. I, for one, think Fremantle should at least consider him if they haven't already.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.