Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My experience at the final TPIR taping  (Read 2741 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
My experience at the final TPIR taping
« on: June 08, 2007, 11:02:04 AM »
That exciting, huh?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

aaron sica

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 11:23:51 AM »
I wonder if Matt said something that was a potential spoiler and had to be deleted, or if it was a system burp. I'm going to put my chips on system burp.

TimK2003

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 12:50:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'154644\' date=\'Jun 8 2007, 11:02 AM\']
That exciting, huh?
[/quote]

Words just cannot describe the experience...Just like words cannot describe the repair shop having my home computer for over a week now!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 02:01:59 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'154661\' date=\'Jun 8 2007, 09:50 AM\']
Words just cannot describe the experience...Just like words cannot describe the repair shop having my home computer for over a week now!!!
[/quote]
Well, there are words that can, they're just not repeatable in a family environment. :)

/people take their PC's to repair shops?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

whewfan

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 06:21:12 PM »
I don't believe I said anything spoiler worthy. Just that Rob Rosa, Michael Healey, Ryan Gagne, my brother and myself were all there, and the experience we had sitting in line.

I did not reveal the games played nor what was won or if anyone we know from golden-road.net or here were called down.

aaron sica

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 06:24:19 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'154719\' date=\'Jun 8 2007, 06:21 PM\']
I don't believe I said anything spoiler worthy. Just that Rob Rosa, Michael Healey, Ryan Gagne, my brother and myself were all there, and the experience we had sitting in line.

I did not reveal the games played nor what was won or if anyone we know from golden-road.net or here were called down.
[/quote]

Yeah, I didn't think you put anything worthy of a spoiler....That said, unless the mods DID delete it for some reason, would you mind posting it again?

dzinkin

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 06:26:14 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'154720\' date=\'Jun 8 2007, 06:24 PM\']
Yeah, I didn't think you put anything worthy of a spoiler....That said, unless the mods DID delete it for some reason, would you mind posting it again?
[/quote]
I don't think we could have deleted it -- normally even the mods can't delete the first post in a thread.  (We can delete the contents but that would leave an empty post.)

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 07:30:01 PM »
This seems to happen about once every six months--I know I've been the first to come across a totally empty thread once, and I can remember at least a third occasion.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

rialtus

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 09:11:31 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'154721\' date=\'Jun 8 2007, 05:26 PM\']I don't think we could have deleted it -- normally even the mods can't delete the first post in a thread.  (We can delete the contents but that would leave an empty post.)[/quote]Why, that's very odd.

whewfan

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 09:29:32 PM »
Ok, here we go again.

Brian and I arrived around 10pm on June 5th to meet Rob Rosa, Ryan Gagne and Michael Healey. Everyone was bundled up with blankets, and I came with only a short sleeved shirt. I was surprised how COLD it was. It's NOT that cold in Baltimore! According to them, about 225 were in line, meaning that several standbys had potential to get in. The first in line waited at CBS for FIVE DAYS!

The first couple hours went by fairly fast. I had less success than everyone else trying to get sleep sitting up in a chair that didn't recline. It was very quiet except for the noise of traffic. There were a handful of hecklers driving by, honking and shouting stuff like "The price is WRONG" and "What show are you in line for?!"... as if they didn't know! The worst was some drunk guy driving a van that pulled over and gave some people in line a hard time, laughing and calling them "homeless". He drove over to where we were waiting, and threw coins at us. After he drove off, I pocketed the change. At least I can say I got money on TPIR.

Midnight to 6am crawled by, but once the pages arrived, everything picked up. We were greeted by Chuck, and I must say, having not seen Chuck in action, that he is everything everyone says... full of energy, enthusiasm, and thoroughly enjoys his work. He made us promise in a pledge that we continue to watch TPIR no matter WHO hosts it.

Finally it was time to go to the Bob Barker studio. Rich Fields' warmup was brief but effective. The experience of seeing Bob come out those big doors for the very last time was overwhelming. I fought back tears coming down. The only gripe I have was that news cameras were blocking a lot of the action going on, so much of the show had to be viewed through the monitors. I got to ask Bob what he was doing after the show, and he said "I'm going to get drunk". Bob turned down a lot of hug requests and shaking hands, but did grant a kiss from a contestant that was on a recent show that said she was so excited, she forgot to kiss him. Bob also skipped doing "oohs" and "aahs" and for one last time, uttered the Happy Gilmore line.

We actually WILL be seeing Bob one last time at the Emmys next Friday, so that might be worth taping.

Card Shark

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 06:48:43 AM »
We actually WILL be seeing Bob one last time at the Emmys next Friday, so that might be worth taping.
[/quote]

Trust me, he's not going anywhere. After all, he's the new host of TPIR since they can't find anyone else after 3 years.
Adam Strom