Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Little Bonus After the Barker Finale TPIR in Primetime...  (Read 7089 times)

TimK2003

Just received info from the network that there will be a short 'special segment' about Bob Barker and/or TPIR which will air 'seamless' between the end of Friday Night's rerun of Barker's last TPiR and the start of the Daytime Emmy's.  

Not sure of how long the segment will be, but this looks like something that will not be seen at the end of the morning airing of TPIR tomorrow.

It may be something worthy or it may just be something ho-hum, but I thought I'd pass the word for you DVR/VHS'ers anyhoo.

Mike Tennant

A Little Bonus After the Barker Finale TPIR in Primetime...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 01:27:04 PM »
I was wondering what they were going to do with the extra commercial time from the daytime show when they ran it in primetime.  I guess this answers that question.

HYHYBT

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 01:40:05 AM »
Here I thought they'd just sell it.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

bclark71

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 07:51:56 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'155157\' date=\'Jun 14 2007, 12:43 PM\']
Just received info from the network that there will be a short 'special segment' about Bob Barker and/or TPIR which will air 'seamless' between the end of Friday Night's rerun of Barker's last TPiR and the start of the Daytime Emmy's.
[/quote]

Excellent.  So my plot to tape both airings (which seemed foolhardy to the missus when first revealed) has a payoff after all.

Thanks for the inside scoop!!

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 11:37:14 AM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' post=\'155187\' date=\'Jun 15 2007, 12:40 AM\']
Here I thought they'd just sell it.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly--is there really that much difference between daytime and prime time in terms of "non-program mateial" these days?

SteveR

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 11:47:07 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'155157\' date=\'Jun 14 2007, 12:43 PM\']

Not sure of how long the segment will be, but this looks like something that will not be seen at the end of the morning airing of TPIR tomorrow.

It may be something worthy or it may just be something ho-hum, but I thought I'd pass the word for you DVR/VHS'ers anyhoo.[/quote]Good to know. Since there's no single host of the awards show, I think it would be kinda neat to see Bob, in his tux, make a short 'thank you' comment after the TPiR airing, walk up the aisle of an empty TPiR studio, out the door, then straight onto the stage at the Kodak to open the Emmy show.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 11:51:24 AM »
[quote name=\'SteveR\' post=\'155205\' date=\'Jun 15 2007, 08:47 AM\']
I think it would be kinda neat to see Bob, in his tux, make a short 'thank you' comment after the TPiR airing, walk up the aisle of an empty TPiR studio, out the door, then straight onto the stage at the Kodak to open the Emmy show.
[/quote]
I bet Bob thinks that would be pretty neat too.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SteveR

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 11:55:09 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'155207\' date=\'Jun 15 2007, 11:51 AM\'][quote name=\'SteveR\' post=\'155205\' date=\'Jun 15 2007, 08:47 AM\']I think it would be kinda neat to see Bob, in his tux, make a short 'thank you' comment after the TPiR airing, walk up the aisle of an empty TPiR studio, out the door, then straight onto the stage at the Kodak to open the Emmy show.[/quote]I bet Bob thinks that would be pretty neat too.[/quote]Hey, if you're CBS, you gotta know on which side your bread is buttered.

But with Bob, it's safe to say he thinks he's the bread AND the butter, the bakery AND the dairy ... heck, the wheat field AND the cow.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 12:05:30 PM by SteveR »

TimK2003

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 12:28:40 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveR\' post=\'155208\' date=\'Jun 15 2007, 11:55 AM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'155207\' date=\'Jun 15 2007, 11:51 AM\'][quote name=\'SteveR\' post=\'155205\' date=\'Jun 15 2007, 08:47 AM\']I think it would be kinda neat to see Bob, in his tux, make a short 'thank you' comment after the TPiR airing, walk up the aisle of an empty TPiR studio, out the door, then straight onto the stage at the Kodak to open the Emmy show.[/quote]I bet Bob thinks that would be pretty neat too.[/quote]Hey, if you're CBS, you gotta know on which side your bread is buttered.

But with Bob, it's safe to say he thinks he's the bread AND the butter, the bakery AND the dairy ... heck, the wheat field AND the cow.
[/quote]

A strong candidate for Line of the Day!!!

TheLastResort

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 12:25:07 AM »
During his speech, did Bob really say "We never edit" when referring to the production of TPIR?? I know they tape the show "as-live," but at the taping I attended in April, there were at least half a dozen stopdowns plus several audio pickups after the show.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 12:52:12 AM by TheLastResort »

CJBojangles

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 12:32:24 PM »
From what I've heard, that many stopdowns sounds like a pretty rare occurrence. When I went this past May there were only 2 things that needed fixed. Rich flubbed a "Tidy Cats" plug earlier in the show, and after the show ended and Bob had made his exit he stopped everyone as they were trying to exit the studio and made them stand still and quiet while he read the copy once more. Then when he was finished he said "Okay, now you can go."

The only other thing (which I happened to notice, but I'm not sure anyone else really did - I was watching a monitor at the right moment) was that during a showcase that offered an arcade game and a vacation, they showed the video from the arcade game during the trip description (imagine Rich talking about "You and a guest will fly round trip coach from Los Angeles..." while little men from the video game sword fight on screen).

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2007, 03:50:50 PM »
Bob also repeatedly mentioned the "staff of 11", so it's interesting to go through the 35 names in the credits to decide who he's leaving out (possibly Rich).
@lambertman

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2007, 08:54:57 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'155334\' date=\'Jun 16 2007, 03:50 PM\']
Bob also repeatedly mentioned the "staff of 11", so it's interesting to go through the 35 names in the credits to decide who he's leaving out (possibly Rich).
[/quote]

A lot of those are CBS employees, though, aren't they?  I figure he was only including the actual Price staffers.

uncamark

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 02:51:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'155344\' date=\'Jun 16 2007, 07:54 PM\']
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'155334\' date=\'Jun 16 2007, 03:50 PM\']
[/quote]

A lot of those are CBS employees, though, aren't they?  I figure he was only including the actual Price staffers.
[/quote]

He was--let me try here:

Rog
Bart
Fingers
Stan
Adam Sandler
Sue McIntyre
Fred Whitten
Gina Russo
Bente Christensen
The other PA
The script supervisor

Fields, Kalehoff and Score could be considered independent contractors.  If I missed a PA name, perhaps Bente could be considered an independent contractor, as well.  The hair/make-up/wardrobe ladies could be ICs, too.  The rest are CBS employees.

The difference, of course, is that other game shows have the contestant booking staff and/or the writers and research staff for the material.  "TPIR"'s material comes from the price lists the prize people supply and the contestant booking process is having the line go past you, talking to the people and deciding which 9 come on down.  You don't need a lot of people for those things--and a lot of "TPIR" game material could be assembled by computer software if someone ever came up with it.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 02:56:05 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'155374\' date=\'Jun 17 2007, 11:51 AM\']
He was--let me try here:

Adam Sandler
[/quote]
I'm sorry, I just think it's hilarious that there is actually a guy named Adam Sandler working for TPiR. Was he working there before Happy Gilmore?