Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dick Clark Productions sold  (Read 1136 times)

geno57

Dick Clark Productions sold
« on: June 19, 2007, 10:32:33 AM »
Redzone Capital has paid $175 million for Dick Clark Productions. The purchase includes the American Music Awards, the Golden Globes, the ACM Awards, and New Year's Rockin' Eve.  In addition, Redzone gets ten-thousand hours of archives of American Bandstand, various entertainment specials and series, talk shows, made-for-TV movies, children's programming, and other material.

They won't be living in the past, though.  Redzone official Dan Snyder says the company intends to develop new programming, produce live events, and explore digital media.

Dick Clark, who founded the company 50 years ago, told AllAccess.com that Redzone will "bring energy and new direction to a company that has meant so much to me...They have my full support."

colonial

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 11:10:20 AM »
And just to confirm...this is the Daniel Snyder who owns the Washington Redskins, Six Flags amusement parks and the Johnny Rockets restaurant chain.

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 11:35:44 AM »
[quote name=\'colonial\' post=\'155543\' date=\'Jun 19 2007, 10:10 AM\']
And just to confirm...this is the Daniel Snyder who owns the Washington Redskins, Six Flags amusement parks and the Johnny Rockets restaurant chain.
[/quote]

The thing I didn't know is that Dick Clark hasn't owned his own company for five years now.  But if money talks...