Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Not if anyone outside Ohio cares....  (Read 4357 times)

beatlefreak84

Not if anyone outside Ohio cares....
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 03:19:44 PM »
This is from a hazy memory of 1996. This format beats the hell out of the most recent generation of the show, with its anti-climatic third round.

I definitely agree with that; they used to show it in IL as well, and I pretty much stopped watching it after the major format change.

The earliest I can remember was around 1991...the front game was played the same way, minus the doubler, and the two bonus prizes were things like a grand piano, a car, etc.  The bonus game was finding three dollar signs behind the four numbers; each one increased your money from $50K to $100K, and then up to the million.  Finding the stopper along the way ended the game.

However, I always thought the format tpirfan described was the best; by that point, the show was well-polished (well, as well-polished as a state lottery show can get, I guess, besides IIR...:) ).  I just wish they didn't get rid of Mark Patrick.

My mom always remembers this show as "that show where they never got excited about winning money."  She's right; the sole episode I have on tape has people cracking half-smiles upon winning $5,000!  Perhaps it was produced by Endemol?  :)

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

rebelwrest

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 03:48:28 PM »
I hope they have hosting auditions.  I may have to make a trip to Columbus to strut my stuff.  (It's wishful thinking, but its probably the closest I'll ever be.)
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

tpirfan28

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2007, 03:37:14 PM »
For those who have never seen the version that myself and Anthony are describing, I've come up with a really simple way of describing the set:

Think six-person 'Concentration'...except without a car, mirrors, and flip the contestants and the board.  Then add the sushi-bar elements of the older J! set.  Bingo.  I think the trillion gameboard did *something* to rotate from the maingame board to the bonus round board...but I can't tell you for sure.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

dazztardly

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 06:20:37 AM »
I watched a number of episodes on Google video. E for Effort... But no real suspense or anything, no psychology involved in the deployment of the random outcome of the money board. It gets boring really quickly.

-Dan
FLASHGames²
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 06:21:16 AM by dazztardly »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2007, 07:01:02 AM »
That's why lottery game shows don't generally work.  They can't have skill involved.  They can't choose the contestants, if you get a 75 year old lady who only speaks Polish, that's what you go with. The only things you can do are visual (a big wheel, the IIR games, etc.)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.