Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best Shows of Celebrities  (Read 4088 times)

davemackey

Best Shows of Celebrities
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 10:17:38 AM »
Robert Fuller (of "Emergency") on "Hollywood Squares" was always a guy who you could never tell if he was pulling your leg or not. I know that celebrities on this show are not always helpful toward the contestants, but Fuller really put up some nice smokescreens.

Dick Clark was so good at "Pyramid", having hosted it, and I don't think he ever failed to bring his partner into the Winner's Circle and win the money on the few times he appeared on the Bill Cullen version.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 06:47:55 PM »
Dick Clark was so good at "Pyramid", having hosted it, and I don't think he ever failed to bring his partner into the Winner's Circle and win the money on the few times he appeared on the Bill Cullen version.

TTBOMK, he only did Cullen's version twice - and led his contestant to the top prize both times.  I would have liked to have seen him on more often...but maybe they figured it was an unfair advantage(?)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Jay Temple

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 09:51:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'155689\' date=\'Jun 20 2007, 05:47 PM\']

TTBOMK, he only did Cullen's version twice - and led his contestant to the top prize both times.  I would have liked to have seen him on more often...but maybe they figured it was an unfair advantage(?)
[/quote]
You're correct. He was better than needed: Not only did he have two $25,000 wins, but he won all four games and had a perfect board all four times. (Even in his appearance on Donnymid, while he only won two games out of six, he and his partners got eleven categories out of twelve, including the top category both times.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.