Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob's Grudge  (Read 7117 times)

Robert Hutchinson

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2007, 03:35:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'155935\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 01:12 PM\'][quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'155910\' date=\'Jun 23 2007, 09:32 PM\']did Bob raise a stink about old episodes that featured meat products?[/quote]Well, GSN aired the second episode, and they had bacon in Grocery Game that day...so apparently not.

/Yeah, I know the discussion's moved past this point.  Just sayin'.
[/quote]
No, I appreciate the reply--I was genuinely curious.

Everyone else already explained what I meant before. I would add that the spelling of "gurl" was deliberate, as I think I was trying to emphasize the different attitude in giving it away as a glamorous prize. Or something. I'm not really sure.

Chris: Worst. Concentration rebus explanation. Ever.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

BrandonFG

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2007, 03:48:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Scrabbleship\' post=\'155929\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 10:12 AM\']
Most sensible girls in this day and age have lived in a world where fur has been a liability instead of an asset, marginalized for being a product of murder with the risk of having it being splattered by blood or paint by protesters being very imminent. In turn, they don't want fur because fur is no longer the object of luxury it once was and it's something they can do without. Ask any girl under 30 and the majority will either be against fur or apathetic towards fur.
[/quote]
So you speak for all females under the age of 30? And you need to realize that the idea of them being sensible is your opinion alone, and not try to foist that idea on others.

And I'm pretty sure a fur coat is still a luxury, and that the expensiveness is more of a deterrent than the idea of being splattered by radical fascist bullies like those of PETA.

/PETA's HQ is literally down the street from my job.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Bob's Grudge
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2007, 07:16:38 PM »
Back to the topic at hand, how many CBS or syndicated TPIR episodes not emceed by Bob Barker has GSN shown? What I'm getting at is, is Barker trying to convey the impression that from 1972 forward no one else emceed the show? I've heard that GSN didn't show Dennis James episodes because there were too many episodes with furs; I'm not sure I buy that. With Barker gone, will they show eps emceed by James/Kennedy/Davidson? Or with Janice/Dian/Holly?

tpirfan28

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2007, 07:21:34 PM »
What I'm getting at is, is Barker trying to convey the impression that from 1972 forward no one else emceed the show?
Would it surprise me if that was the case?  No.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

dzinkin

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2007, 07:28:04 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'155953\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 07:16 PM\']
Back to the topic at hand, how many CBS or syndicated TPIR episodes not emceed by Bob Barker has GSN shown?[/quote]
GSN has shown the Kennedy syndicated episodes in the past, as well as one daytime episode in which Dennis subbed for Bob.

rugrats1

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2007, 07:33:53 PM »
how many CBS or syndicated TPIR episodes not emceed by Bob Barker has GSN shown? [/quote]
I think they shown at least one Dennis James daytime episode from 1974, when Bob Barker was sick and couldn't make the taping. They also shown all (I think) the Kennedy episodes as well. Nothing from the nighttime version that starred James or Barker.

I've heard that GSN didn't show Dennis James episodes because there were too many episodes with furs; I'm not sure I buy that.
[/quote]

Personally, I don't buy that either, since I think there were several James episodes each season with no furs present. My theory is that Viacom (now CBS Paramount TV) still owned the tapes, and dealing with another company other than Goodson or Fremantle was too much red tape. This was also the reason why the Davidson TPIR wasn't on GSN (as they were distributed by Paramount), and neither were the Cullen $25K Pyramids (also Viacom).

Steve Gavazzi

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2007, 07:40:04 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'155956\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 07:28 PM\']
Back to the topic at hand, how many CBS or syndicated TPIR episodes not emceed by Bob Barker has GSN shown?[/quote]
GSN has shown the Kennedy syndicated episodes in the past, as well as one daytime episode in which Dennis subbed for Bob.
[/quote]

Just 'cause I'm curious, does anyone know how many Kennedy episodes they aired?

uncamark

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2007, 05:45:39 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' post=\'155957\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 06:33 PM\']
how many CBS or syndicated TPIR episodes not emceed by Bob Barker has GSN shown? [/quote]
I think they shown at least one Dennis James daytime episode from 1974, when Bob Barker was sick and couldn't make the taping. They also shown all (I think) the Kennedy episodes as well. Nothing from the nighttime version that starred James or Barker.

I've heard that GSN didn't show Dennis James episodes because there were too many episodes with furs; I'm not sure I buy that.
[/quote]

Personally, I don't buy that either, since I think there were several James episodes each season with no furs present. My theory is that Viacom (now CBS Paramount TV) still owned the tapes, and dealing with another company other than Goodson or Fremantle was too much red tape. This was also the reason why the Davidson TPIR wasn't on GSN (as they were distributed by Paramount), and neither were the Cullen $25K Pyramids (also Viacom).
[/quote]

If Goodson could license Viacom-distributed "WML?" and "Feud" to GSN, they could license Viacom-distributed "TPIR."  The reason they didn't license the 1994 version is because Paramount, for some reason, owns the copyright on those shows.  Every other Viacom-distributed G-T show has Fremantle (as Goodson's successor) owning the copyright on the shows (even the early syndicated "WML?" shows had to have had the copyright transferred to G-T from CBS at some point).

HYHYBT

Bob's Grudge
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2007, 06:22:55 PM »
This may be a foolish question, but why would GSN have *wanted* that version when they already had more episodes of the much more popular daytime version than they could ever have time to air?
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages